Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I knew the celebrations would be disorganised and weird, everything the club does is. Some good moments but generally just chaos and far too many people on the pitch.

It’s not hard. Lift the trophy and then do a proper lap of honour without the families, so everyone feels a part of it all. Then let the families join in and do what they like.

I don’t mind UFS getting most of the celebrations though, they’ve been the only ones making any noise all season. They deserve it.

Doesn’t bode well for celebrations tomorrow 😂

46 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I knew the celebrations would be disorganised and weird, everything the club does is. Some good moments but generally just chaos and far too many people on the pitch.

It’s not hard. Lift the trophy and then do a proper lap of honour without the families, so everyone feels a part of it all. Then let the families join in and do what they like.

I don’t mind UFS getting most of the celebrations though, they’ve been the only ones making any noise all season. They deserve it.

Nailed it. I'm in SK4 so reasonably close to most of it but it felt super disorganised. Felt like there was a route there to work down the west stand, past the kop, east stand, family stand, and meet families at their enclosure bit. Union FS deserve the attention but would have been annoyed if I was in the family stand.

Also the amount of people on the pitch was ridiculous. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I like union FS and really appreciate all the work they put in and they have been brilliant but suggesting that they are the only ones that have been making noise all season just isn’t true.

The acoustics at our stadium are horrible. I sit in the east stand nearish L1 and we only occasionally hear the singing section and when we do only quietly. However I know that they do sing all game but so do we. My point being just because you don’t hear us from the mop /singing section area doesn’t mean that their isn’t support.

Not necessarily you but I feel like there seems to be some “elitism” developing in our fan base that is not very healthy and isn’t good for encouraging an atomosphere

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've got no gripe with 'family' joining players on the pitch but that today was ridiculous. 

I thought usually players get their Mr's & kids on the pitch? The younger ones perhaps their parents / siblings. 

Absolutely no way were 90% of them on the pitch family. 

They'd have been less people with a pitch invasion! Couldn't even find most the players among the crowd.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I've got no gripe with 'family' joining players on the pitch but that today was ridiculous. 

I thought usually players get their Mr's & kids on the pitch? The younger ones perhaps their parents / siblings. 

Absolutely no way were 90% of them on the pitch family. 

They'd have been less people with a pitch invasion! Couldn't even find most the players among the crowd.

Spot on. You had a massive crowd at sk1 corner but I couldn’t see a fair few of the team for family and kids. 

Another thing I thought was slightly odd at times today was usually ufs orchestrates the atmosphere.. I’m sure they don’t mind when another group in the section takes over as they are quite good at adapting the drum to that chant.. but where on earth did east stand start the way come from? Everyone was looking a bit bemused lol is that some kind of rip off Bristol city chant in an attempt to get the KP rocking? 

im always fascinated by the ufs lad with curly hair who has his back to the game most of it urging the fans on. Is he on here? Top efforts.. 

Edited by MS0204
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adam said:

Kpfc. Not seen that many Thais at the ground today since we won the prem. Frustrating when fans who have been going week in week out couldn't get a ticket today

That was me in 2016. Only home game I wasn’t able to get a ticket for as a member at the time. Still a little bitter! 

4 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Spot on. You had a massive crowd at sk1 corner but I couldn’t see a fair few of the team for family and kids. 

Another thing I thought was slightly odd at times today was usually ufs orchestrates the atmosphere.. I’m sure they don’t mind when another group in the section takes over as they are quite good at adapting the drum to that chant.. but where on earth did east stand start the way come from? Everyone was looking a bit bemused lol is that some kind of rip off Bristol city chant in an attempt to get the KP rocking? 

im always fascinated by the ufs lad with curly hair who has his back to the game most of it urging the fans on. Is he on here? Top efforts.. 

At filbert street it was always east stand start the wave

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Corky said:

I mean, seriously, who were all those people? This was well before the families of players and staff came out.

Don't want the fans on but happy to let multiple nobodies get some limelight. 

Daka had his PT on the pitch with him

Edited by MattFox
  • Haha 1

I think you're all just being miserable. Was at Bournemouth away that was great. Missed Preston away and it sounded mega. Managed to bag a ticket right next to the Blackburn fans in M block Family Stand which was a first. And it was great fun. Rovers fans were brilliant and so were ours for most of the game. Losing didn't help and there wasn't much goalmouth action in the first half for us. But the party vibe was there. You absolutely cannot hear the Kop or L1 or anyone from this corner at all so it's easy to believe nobody is singing.

The trophy lift took a while to assemble and shame we couldn't go on the pitch but I imagine having pyrotechnics and kids about meant there was no chance. The players all did a lap and it was sad to wave goodbye to to several who I think we all feel like we're on first-name terms with! I couldn't see the trophy no idea where that disappeared to. The song selection was good fun. I suppose the general idea was to keep the music light-hearted and somewhat tongue in cheek for an afternoon giggle. It was a celebration as well as a final farewell and in that regard the job was done.

9 minutes ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

Thinking about next season now since the club won’t expand the section we need something unwritten for where people go to if they can’t get a season ticket in SK1 to help expand the section 

I’d have thought around the top of G1, it’s already growing a bit there 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Union FS deserve the attention but would have been annoyed if I was in the family stand.

Maybe the players are annoyed when half the ground is silent and empty after they have put in a shift each week! They can't have it all ways! The players normally clap tge stands each week, most of them are at best half empty except tge kop. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, davieG said:

TELEMMGLPICT000376293486_17148363332780_

Touched on this already, but we had an army of stewards and emails/constant words of threatening of bans/jail if we even attempted to pitch invade.

Saints home game felt like a big joint celebration between fans and players, Preston was the party. Yesterday felt more of a procession that we were just there to watch rather than be involved in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Touched on this already, but we had an army of stewards and emails/constant words of threatening of bans/jail if we even attempted to pitch invade.

Saints home game felt like a big joint celebration between fans and players, Preston was the party. Yesterday felt more of a procession that we were just there to watch rather than be involved in.

Two rows of stewards/security all around the pitch one set inside the advert boardings and one pitch size. Definition of overkill.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Two rows of stewards/security all around the pitch one set inside the advert boardings and one pitch size. Definition of overkill.

All there for effect only.

I looked across at the ones in front of our stand and there were those who looked like they'd struggle to know what day of the week it was and those that would have no chance trying to stop the smallest kid, let alone grown celebrating adults having been on the Stella all morning, trying to get on the pitch.

TBF, I guess it still worked as I didn't see a single person even attempt to breach the hoardings.

I could only imagine the absolute carnage with all the broken china t cups, crockery, flasks and Tupperware strewn everywhere. 

• Haha 1