Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Doing transfers on the cheap

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

An interesting one that, although I'd rather we try and blood Joe Wormleighton. 

We could potentially develop both of them.

I wouldn’t mind a transfer strategy similar to Brightons. In the past 2 seasons they’ve spent 35m+ on youngsters who they send out on loan. These players can then be sold for a profit or be promoted to the first team if they’re good enough (eg: Mitoma). We don’t have 35m+ to spend but we could target players out of contract like Bradley, Noah Mbamba from Club Brugge, etc. 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

Wait, Isco is out of contract? Sevilla terminated him after he allegedly had an argument with the sporting director. 30 years old, 53 goals in 353 appearances for Real Madrid. 
Sime Vrsaljko is out of contrct also, 31 years old. Could offer a short contract as he can play both left and right back. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

On 09/01/2023 at 18:42, Shane said:

We could potentially develop both of them.

I wouldn’t mind a transfer strategy similar to Brightons. In the past 2 seasons they’ve spent 35m+ on youngsters who they send out on loan. These players can then be sold for a profit or be promoted to the first team if they’re good enough (eg: Mitoma). We don’t have 35m+ to spend but we could target players out of contract like Bradley, Noah Mbamba from Club Brugge, etc. 

I'd just be grateful for any sort of strategy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trooky said:

Why the **** did we not sign RW Pablo Sarabia from PSG for £4.4 million 

Because our manager isn`t called Lopetegui at a guess

7 minutes ago, Wortho said:

It's as if the owners want us to go down. Why are clubs of a similar size spending millions but we are skint? 

Just get investment of £100m or be relegated, I think that's the choice.

I honestly think we could spend £30-£35m on 3 players and be fine - Sarabia for £4.4m shows just how much value there is in the market if you're looking in the right place. Absolutely nuts that we're not strengthening in some shape or form.

• Like 1

Tongue in cheek here, I know he can sometimes be a bit of a Donkey, but Adama Traore on form is a scary player to have running at you. On a free in summer and Wolves are talking about an extension but it's not going anywhere, Napoli have come in and offered him 40k a week on a free in summer, which seems cheap. 

On form he had more successful dribbles than any player in Europe over the course of a season, shame about his crossing though, I'd take him and sack off Perez, then again i'd bring back Lloyd Dyer and play him on the right ahead of Perez lol

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Tongue in cheek here, I know he can sometimes be a bit of a Donkey, but Adama Traore on form is a scary player to have running at you. On a free in summer and Wolves are talking about an extension but it's not going anywhere, Napoli have come in and offered him 40k a week on a free in summer, which seems cheap. 

On form he had more successful dribbles than any player in Europe over the course of a season, shame about his crossing though, I'd take him and sack off Perez, then again i'd bring back Lloyd Dyer and play him on the right ahead of Perez lol

More than acceptable squad player to come off the bench, just make sure he has someone to pass it to once he's sprinted down to the corner flag.

14 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

More than acceptable squad player to come off the bench, just make sure he has someone to pass it to once he's sprinted down to the corner flag.

Honestly I'm not sure if he would find them anyway lol But yeah we are incredibly short on the wing, His wages are reportedly about 50k a week which is within budget, still only 26, and if we can somehow get the best out of him, he would be far more effective than Perez IMO 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

There’s only one thing wrong with what u want is that’s is 100% what we should be doing , so it will never happen , but I love ur idea 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Honestly I'm not sure if he would find them anyway lol But yeah we are incredibly short on the wing, His wages are reportedly about 50k a week which is within budget, still only 26, and if we can somehow get the best out of him, he would be far more effective than Perez IMO 

I'm sure we'd see to that :ph34r:

• Haha 1