Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Doing transfers on the cheap

33 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s no major secret we are that strapped for cash, we’ve been routing around down the back of the sofa for spare change.

To keep us afloat this season and until we can have the clean out in the summer, our only options are free / low value transfers of people expiring in the summer, or loans. 

So I’ve gone and had a little look at what we could buy on the contract expiring in summer 23 market, should we get that desperate.  

Goalkeeper:

David Soria - Gafete - Conceded 20 in 15 this season, 6 clean sheets. No idea if he’s any good, but the stars seem

okay.

Yann Sommer - No one has ever seen him play outside of an international tournament, however apparently he’s conceded 15 in 10 games this season. 

Samir Handanovic - I mean, he’s only slightly younger than me but he’s still playing for Inter. Conceded 13 in 8 games this season. Nice to a get a goalkeeper who has a FIFA rating higher than 80.

Defenders:

Raphaël Guerreiro - I get he’s most likely more at home playing champions league football at Dortmund, however we need a left back and he’ll need a wage come August. 

Ramy Bensebaini - Another left back and speaks French. Soumare and Ricardo need a new mate once Mendy leaves, so he could tick the bill. 

Chris Smalling - Largely gone unnoticed at Roma, however he has been excellent. He might fancy a crack at proving he wasn’t as poor as the Manchester United fans stated, aka Evans style.

Alfie Mawson - Remember this bloke? We must have mad a long transfer thread on him at some point! We’re going to need a new 4th choice centre back once Big Dan leaves in the summer. This guy might just fit the profile. 

Yerry Mina - I mean, what on Earth could go wrong whilst playing for playing at Everton. He only joined for £30,000,000 and has had a similar transformation from world beater to fridge, like Harry Maguire (at times).

Alejandro Grimaldo - I mean, we can sort of dream right. Another Spanish / Portuguese speaking fullback. 

Midfield:

Houssem Aouar - He’s gone from having £60,000,000 bids being rejected, to a potential free transfer. He may just about tick the box of someone that can pass a ball forward.

Thomas Lemar - joined Athletico for €72,000,000 and can play on the wing. He’s been largely dreadful but that hasn’t stopped us buying a player before. I’m sure Brendan might fancy trying to get a tune from him and maybe we release Soyuncu in Jan, with him coming here as a loan / freebie.

Naby Keita - It just hasn’t really worked for him at Liverpool. Not much to say other than I’m sure he’d be expensive in wages but we’ll be clearing loads of that off the bill anyhow. 

Jesse Lingard - I was once told that if you fail, have another go and it’ll be better. He can’t be as bad as last time and might teach the Social Media team  how to use TikTok, Twitter and the gram to a Higher standard. 

Jeffrey Schlupp - He can play more roles than he left and still only 30 years old. He ticks a box for homegrown and trained by Leicester, for our inevitable return to the Champions League. 

Alex Oxlaide Chamberline - With the potential exit of Dennis Praet, we might need a player of a similar profile. Step forward the Ox! Overhyped whilst not in the team (check), always injured (check), can sometimes do something nice (check). 

Marco Reus - Still playing whilst he’s approach his mid 30s. He’s had a steady career in the Bundasliga and May fancy a go in the Premier League. 

Forwards

Viktor Tsygankov - A Ukrainian winger under the age of 30. He’d plug the gap left by Ayoze Perez and he’s actually not the worlds worst player. He can actually score goals. 

Jonathan Bamba - The French Harvey Barnes. You don’t need a plan B, when you could ultimately do the same thing twice. 

Alfredo Morelos - We need a bit of nasty and he fits the bill. He’s a little bit crazy and we’ve been linked before. Has only scored 5 goals in Scotland all Season and the fans are giving him stick. Ideal replacement for a bit of shithousery when Vardy moves to the US.

Ryan Nelson - Once raved about as the 2nd coming of Henry by the Arsenal fans. Still only 23 and 2 goals in 2 games this season. Never getting a look in though, so why not come and enjoy the wonderful facilities at Seagrave. 

Olivier Giroud - Older than Vardy but showed at the World Cup that he can still do a job. My wife might be more interested in attending games should be arrive. 

Are wages not an issue?

4 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s no major secret we are that strapped for cash, we’ve been routing around down the back of the sofa for spare change.

To keep us afloat this season and until we can have the clean out in the summer, our only options are free / low value transfers of people expiring in the summer, or loans. 

So I’ve gone and had a little look at what we could buy on the contract expiring in summer 23 market, should we get that desperate.  

Goalkeeper:

David Soria - Gafete - Conceded 20 in 15 this season, 6 clean sheets. No idea if he’s any good, but the stars seem

okay.

Yann Sommer - No one has ever seen him play outside of an international tournament, however apparently he’s conceded 15 in 10 games this season. 

Samir Handanovic - I mean, he’s only slightly younger than me but he’s still playing for Inter. Conceded 13 in 8 games this season. Nice to a get a goalkeeper who has a FIFA rating higher than 80.

Defenders:

Raphaël Guerreiro - I get he’s most likely more at home playing champions league football at Dortmund, however we need a left back and he’ll need a wage come August. 

Ramy Bensebaini - Another left back and speaks French. Soumare and Ricardo need a new mate once Mendy leaves, so he could tick the bill. 

Chris Smalling - Largely gone unnoticed at Roma, however he has been excellent. He might fancy a crack at proving he wasn’t as poor as the Manchester United fans stated, aka Evans style.

Alfie Mawson - Remember this bloke? We must have mad a long transfer thread on him at some point! We’re going to need a new 4th choice centre back once Big Dan leaves in the summer. This guy might just fit the profile. 

Yerry Mina - I mean, what on Earth could go wrong whilst playing for playing at Everton. He only joined for £30,000,000 and has had a similar transformation from world beater to fridge, like Harry Maguire (at times).

Alejandro Grimaldo - I mean, we can sort of dream right. Another Spanish / Portuguese speaking fullback. 

Midfield:

Houssem Aouar - He’s gone from having £60,000,000 bids being rejected, to a potential free transfer. He may just about tick the box of someone that can pass a ball forward.

Thomas Lemar - joined Athletico for €72,000,000 and can play on the wing. He’s been largely dreadful but that hasn’t stopped us buying a player before. I’m sure Brendan might fancy trying to get a tune from him and maybe we release Soyuncu in Jan, with him coming here as a loan / freebie.

Naby Keita - It just hasn’t really worked for him at Liverpool. Not much to say other than I’m sure he’d be expensive in wages but we’ll be clearing loads of that off the bill anyhow. 

Jesse Lingard - I was once told that if you fail, have another go and it’ll be better. He can’t be as bad as last time and might teach the Social Media team  how to use TikTok, Twitter and the gram to a Higher standard. 

Jeffrey Schlupp - He can play more roles than he left and still only 30 years old. He ticks a box for homegrown and trained by Leicester, for our inevitable return to the Champions League. 

Alex Oxlaide Chamberline - With the potential exit of Dennis Praet, we might need a player of a similar profile. Step forward the Ox! Overhyped whilst not in the team (check), always injured (check), can sometimes do something nice (check). 

Marco Reus - Still playing whilst he’s approach his mid 30s. He’s had a steady career in the Bundasliga and May fancy a go in the Premier League. 

Forwards

Viktor Tsygankov - A Ukrainian winger under the age of 30. He’d plug the gap left by Ayoze Perez and he’s actually not the worlds worst player. He can actually score goals. 

Jonathan Bamba - The French Harvey Barnes. You don’t need a plan B, when you could ultimately do the same thing twice. 

Alfredo Morelos - We need a bit of nasty and he fits the bill. He’s a little bit crazy and we’ve been linked before. Has only scored 5 goals in Scotland all Season and the fans are giving him stick. Ideal replacement for a bit of shithousery when Vardy moves to the US.

Ryan Nelson - Once raved about as the 2nd coming of Henry by the Arsenal fans. Still only 23 and 2 goals in 2 games this season. Never getting a look in though, so why not come and enjoy the wonderful facilities at Seagrave. 

Olivier Giroud - Older than Vardy but showed at the World Cup that he can still do a job. My wife might be more interested in attending games should be arrive. 

Are you Congerton in disguise ?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Sly said:

Goalkeeper:

okay.

Defenders:

Midfield:

Forwards

Some of these are just ... WOW.

I mean, frigging hell.

Absolute batshit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

What happened to those two loans we secured against the future Fofana payments? Don’t we have them to spend?

Said exactly the same earlier.  Surely that has to be for transfers. 

It's only week into the window but I recall saying that in the summer.  Oh it's only a week. Then two weeks, then three and by the end of it we'd done absolutely nothing bar sell a prized asset and replaced with a much cheaper player. 

Whilst I don't want Rodgers to stay it would be borderline negligent if we don't get some reinforcements in this window, particularly given the injuries.

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah, about £45m or so

Is it really available though? I'm not at all certain it is. The 70 million covered the transfer deficit from the previous year and there was some to be paid to Fofana's previous club plus we bought Faes for 15-18 million.  We will see but I suspect the available funds are nearer 20 million but hope to be proved wrong.

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

Is it really available though? I'm not at all certain it is. The 70 million covered the transfer deficit from the previous year and there was some to be paid to Fofana's previous club plus we bought Faes for 15-18 million.  We will see but I suspect the available funds are nearer 20 million but hope to be proved wrong.

That is how much we have got a loan facility for, stated as the 2 remaining instalments of the Fofana fee for that value

St Etienne will already have their money, Faes fee could also be instalments rather than the full fee upfront

7FFB0692-A99E-4823-896A-DF14EC0BA659.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

That is how much we have got a loan facility for, stated as the 2 remaining instalments of the Fofana fee for that value

7FFB0692-A99E-4823-896A-DF14EC0BA659.jpeg

I get that but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily mean it is all for transfers and we will presumably have to pay interest on those loans plus maybe some the repayments to St Etienne are also staggered?  We also had a 63 million transfer fee shortfall to cover plus big losses for the last two seasons of notified accounts.

Haven't read through the thread yet, but there are some big names out of contract in summer who may be able to be convinced to sign in Jan for a cheap fee, or just hold out until summer.

Names I'd be interested in:
CF/ST Moussa Dembele - Struggled for game time this season and only scored 2 goals, but scored 21 goals last year, does he still think Brendan is a dickhead though? probably. 
LW - Jonathan Bamba - 4 goals and 3 assists this season on the back of a difficult season last year, but definitely a player in there 
LW - Leandro Trossard - Would be shocked if he doesn't go to a top 6 club but given his current wages of 40k a week he could be obtainable potentially 
CM - Youri Tielemans - Great player really hope to see him in a blue shirt :P
CM/CAM Houssem Aouar - Really talented player and has been linked with us before 
CM - Dani Ceballos - Rumoured to be on 60k a week at Madrid, spent a season on loan at Arsenal and didnt set the world alight but he's a competent player, has struggled for minutes at madrid but has made 9 appearances for a team that would blow us away
RB - Hector Bellerin - Controversial one here as I think he needs the right environment, but I always thought he had more to offer, went to barcelona on pitifully low wages (8k a week) still only 27 
GK - Altay Bayindir - Don't know a huge amount about him but seems to be well rated, 24 years old

Players likely out of reach:
CM - Naby Keita - Struggled to really make his mark at Liverpool, and has been linked with bigger clubs than us, but would big clubs take a gamble? Wages could be a sticking point (120k rumoured)
CM - Konrad Laimer - Roughly 50k a week wages at Leipzig but was rumoured to be going to Bayern, 
CF - Marcus Thuram - Likely to go to a top 6 club somewhere
CB - Evan Ndicka - This lad is going under the radar and expect him to break into the France starting 11 for the Euros although will probably go to a bigger club
LW/RW/CM/CAM - Thomas Lemar - Probably going somewhere like United/Chelsea/Arsenal but has been playing both on the wing and CM for A.Madrid, very versatile

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

I’m surprised that Dele Alli isn’t on that list . The move to Everton from Spurs was structured so that if all the add ons and performance targets were met Spurs would pick up £40 mill + . They actually received feck all . Levy must have loved that 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shane said:

RB:

Connor Bradley - He’s been electric for Bolton this season on loan from Liverpool. We might need to pay a small compensation fee. Gerrimin and send him out on loan.

An interesting one that, although I'd rather we try and blood Joe Wormleighton. 

• Like 1

A player I'm really fond of is Fisayo Dele-Bashiru at Wednesday, best mate is a Wednesday fan so I've been following this lad actively since he first signed for them in 2020, he's very raw and he's really inconsistent, but would be cheap and under the right guidance of a manager that isn't Brendan Rodgers, could easily turn out to be a beast. On form he's a midfield warrior, but that's 1 in 5 at the moment. 
Who knows though, Madders has progressed well under BR so maybe he could do well with Dele-Bash too, Free transfer in summer but looks like big clubs might be circling now. 

• Like 1