Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

57 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not so much a complete unknown but Arda Guler at Fenerbache has the world at his feet. How they have managed him this season is an absolute disgrace and he will leave in the summer and we ought to move heaven and earth to get him. 

Is that the 17/18 year old attacking midfielder? I'm sure there were rumours we were looking at him before if so...

• Like 1

Random one for me is a player called Teji Savanier. He's in his thirties now so doubt he'd be a serious target but he seems to post bordering on elite level numbers for really ordinary sides and never gets picked up on. I just wonder why he's so overlooked.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Random one for me is a player called Teji Savanier. He's in his thirties now so doubt he'd be a serious target but he seems to post bordering on elite level numbers for really ordinary sides and never gets picked up on. I just wonder why he's so overlooked.

I used to hold Teji Savanier on Football Index before the platform went to the dogs. He was an absolute stat monster at Nimes and pretty good at Montpellier too, so raked in dividends.

I research into it a lot at the time as I was hopeful that with the numbers he put up in some impressive areas he would be a target for bigger sides in France or abroad and his Football Index price would rise. I found out that he was of Romani gypsy heritage and is very family orientated. His Romani group do not leave certain territorial areas of the south-east of France and they all still live together. Hence the somewhat underwhelming move from Nimes to Montpellier at the time. His only other club has been Arles-Avignon who are also based in that pocket of South-east France. So yeah, a weird one in the era of modern football.

Beyond that factor, he also has a fiery temperament and is rumoured to be quite unpleasant which I feel would also have held him back at a higher level too. 

• Like 2