Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

On 12/02/2023 at 22:04, Ric Flair said:

Not so much a complete unknown but Arda Guler at Fenerbache has the world at his feet. How they have managed him this season is an absolute disgrace and he will leave in the summer and we ought to move heaven and earth to get him. 

I really like the look of this young chap.

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm interested to see how Mirsad Ali in our academy turns out. He's a left back but I've a feeling he will eventually end up a winger. We've not produced a left footed winger in years.

For some reason I thought the Pennants were? 

On 13/02/2023 at 10:59, LCCFox96 said:

I used to hold Teji Savanier on Football Index before the platform went to the dogs. He was an absolute stat monster at Nimes and pretty good at Montpellier too, so raked in dividends.

I research into it a lot at the time as I was hopeful that with the numbers he put up in some impressive areas he would be a target for bigger sides in France or abroad and his Football Index price would rise. I found out that he was of Romani gypsy heritage and is very family orientated. His Romani group do not leave certain territorial areas of the south-east of France and they all still live together. Hence the somewhat underwhelming move from Nimes to Montpellier at the time. His only other club has been Arles-Avignon who are also based in that pocket of South-east France. So yeah, a weird one in the era of modern football.

Beyond that factor, he also has a fiery temperament and is rumoured to be quite unpleasant which I feel would also have held him back at a higher level too. 

Haha I used to have Football Index as well. I made a bit on it before then losing it all when it crashed. I really thought I was onto something but you live and learn.

I've always found him a peculiar anomaly. It surprised me as well how infrequently I heard his name suggested on here given his name often popped up for me when on stats sites etc... interesting though and a real unique case. I did find it peculiar that he went from Nimes to their biggest rivals of all clubs.

• Like 3

Stijn van Gassel, not particularly random. But Excelsior Rotterdam keeper. 26 years old, been playing in the Dutch 2nd tier for most his career, but made the step upto the top flight with excelsior this season. The club expect he will move on this summer for less than a million euros, he's 26 and only 6ft. But if we are looking to reduce the wage bill he'd be an excellent back up and his contract at excelsior will be peanuts. He'd challenge ward no problem. But if we do actually sign a half decent keeper, he'd make excellent back up.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Haha I used to have Football Index as well. I made a bit on it before then losing it all when it crashed. I really thought I was onto something but you live and learn.

I've always found him a peculiar anomaly. It surprised me as well how infrequently I heard his name suggested on here given his name often popped up for me when on stats sites etc... interesting though and a real unique case. I did find it peculiar that he went from Nimes to their biggest rivals of all clubs.

You and me both bud with Football Index. Had the makings of a great concept but unfortunately the finances never stacked up. If you got in early enough, most will have got out with something.

Yeah an anomaly is a good way to describe Savanier. He's an absolute maverick of a footballer on the pitch and a brilliant technician but because of his (I think) almost unique social circumstances he's stayed at a few lowly clubs in South-East France. Bizarre when you consider the clamour from most players to reach the top as soon as possible. Certainly had the ability to play higher up league in France at a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

We need a keeper, if they don't go up we should look at theirs in Alex Palmer.  Saw him play on loan a few times at both Plymouth and Lincoln and I think he was player of the season for both teams when on loan.  Big, commanding, loud, and isn't afraid to ream out defenders who aren't on it.  

9 hours ago, Shane said:

Lewis Ferguson - Central Midfielder

Seems to be playing well for Bologna. Milan and Juve want him for 9m.

Lacks pace that most EPL midfielders seem to have and games could pass him by. 

For career development I hope he stays in Italy, but he's more than likely to end up at Ibrox at some point. 

• Thanks 1

A few Mexican midfielders that would be good signings:

Edson Alvarez DM (Ajax) - he would be the physical presence that we need in the midfield and he can also pass.

265CB7BA-6CA3-4E15-AAC7-4DCD0C32F49C.thumb.jpeg.8c2860cf5396b02d5e8752a70abce5a5.jpeg

Luis Chavez CM (Pachuca)

Great passer and with lots of energy. Was a revelation of the World Cup. Would  help with set pieces if Madders leaves. Here’s a goal he had at the WC. He would be under 10 million as he’s 26 already.

On 15/02/2023 at 22:09, ACF said:

Jordan Bos, 21 year old LB playing at Melbourne City. He’s a LB the same way Bale was, think he’s much more capable as a LW in the future.

Likely to get called up to next Socceroos squad due to his incredible form.

Not sure if he’s quite Prem quality but a move to Europe is coming very soon. 

Saw him for the first time a couple of weeks ago when he scored that absolute peach. Looks a promising young player for sure. Would be a relatively inexpensive risk as well.

On 28/02/2023 at 07:15, Tommy Fresh said:

Liam Henderson the trendsetter

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Forgot about him, been there years hasn't he!

Numerous Irish lads at Italian clubs too - largely stemming from a decent Euros Under 19 campaign they had in 2019. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Numerous Irish lads at Italian clubs too - largely stemming from a decent Euros Under 19 campaign they had in 2019. 

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I remember some lad on FM, from the Irish league being out on loan at Milan or somewhere daft.

Kevin Zeffi is at Inter and supposed to be a beast in the making.

It's actually nigh on impossible now for English clubs to sign Irish youngsters since our changes to transfers and work permits. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2023 at 11:12, CosbehFox said:

Stemming from Brexit.

Irish lads now in Italy & other leagues & nothing to do with any underage campaign.  The u19 tournament you mention has only one Irish player in Italy, & he moved there only last year having first come through at Derby County.