Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

11 hours ago, ronnup said:

What happened to that young striker we got from Arsenal ?

Amani Richards? 

Scored and assisted for the U18s against Southampton a few days ago apparently. 

12 hours ago, ronnup said:

What happened to that young striker we got from Arsenal ?

Been pretty impressive by all accounts for the U18s and yet despite us having not fit strikers in the U21s and bottom of the league, he's barely had a single call up to the U21s.

They did the same with Popov last year as well, bizarre.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Been pretty impressive by all accounts for the U18s and yet despite us having not fit strikers in the U21s and bottom of the league, he's barely had a single call up to the U21s.

They did the same with Popov last year as well, bizarre.

Cant imagine why young players would want to come here, we've barely touched a young player barring Thomas in ages.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2023 at 09:09, ACF said:

Jordan Bos, 21 year old LB playing at Melbourne City. He’s a LB the same way Bale was, think he’s much more capable as a LW in the future.

Likely to get called up to next Socceroos squad due to his incredible form.

Not sure if he’s quite Prem quality but a move to Europe is coming very soon. 

Just been called up.

@Ric Flair take a look at Nestory Irankunda and come back to me

• Like 2

Gift Orban is one to keep tabs on.

He scored a 3 minute hat trick (!) in the conference league yesterday. 12 goals in 7 games for Gent.

Watched a couple of videos now and hiss ball striking technique is incredibly clean, lots of power from little backlift.

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

He scored a 3 minute hat trick (!) in the conference league yesterday. 12 goals in 7 games for Gent.

Watched a couple of videos now and hiss ball striking technique is incredibly clean, lots of power from little backlift.

Really nice looking player - but honestly reminds me of Daka when he was at Salzburg and think we'd be better sticking with him than spending money that could be used better elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Really nice looking player - but honestly reminds me of Daka when he was at Salzburg and think we'd be better sticking with him than spending money that could be used better elsewhere. 

Which is fair, Orban looks as if his all round game might be a touch better though. Although I think Daka has unfairly teated here so far, his per 90 numbers are fine; we've been pretty much dysfunctional the entire time too.

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Two goals with his left foot, but the wonder goal was on his right! Tidy...

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Which is fair, Orban looks as if his all round game might be a touch better though. Although I think Daka has unfairly teated here so far, his per 90 numbers are fine; we've been pretty much dysfunctional the entire time too.

Potentially, although I think competitions like the Belgian Pro League and Europa conference can really hide any deficiencies in an all round game, that then get found out a little in the prem. Like they did with Daka tbh. I'm biased because I'm a Daka fan but was always convinced after a year or two of adaptation he'd be a serious player. Still think that now, just need confidence and service.

• Like 2

I mentioned this lad not long ago, but Rayan Philippe's (before anyone says it, not the guy from 'I know what you did last summer') stats this season are absolutely ridiculous (albeit in a poor league). We should be all over this transfer as he's still only 22. Fee would be very low and it seems like a no brainer for me given some of the cash we've thrown around on complete and utter dross over the past 5 years.

Having watched highlights of him he looks a really tidy footballer whose ability is well above his current playing level and he also made a couple of appearances for France at U20s level in 2019 which is no mean feat when you think about the conveyor belt of talent coming out of Clairefontaine that he'd have been up against and that he isn't a product of a high profile academy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I mentioned this lad not long ago, but Rayan Philippe's (before anyone says it, not the guy from 'I know what you did last summer') stats this season are absolutely ridiculous (albeit in a poor league). We should be all over this transfer as he's still only 22. Fee would be very low and it seems like a no brainer for me given some of the cash we've thrown around on complete and utter dross over the past 5 years.

Having watched highlights of him he looks a really tidy footballer whose ability is well above his current playing level and he also made a couple of appearances for France at U20s level in 2019 which is no mean feat when you think about the conveyor belt of talent coming out of Clairefontaine that he'd have been up against and that he isn't a product of a high profile academy. 

Would have to sign and send to Leuven first I think.

On 16/03/2023 at 08:20, Tommy Fresh said:

He's 27 and this is the first year he's scored double figures in the league, be interested to see if he has another good season.

Morris would more likely be a forward we would sign if we went down into the championship. It looks like he is on £5,000 per week at Luton. 

On 16/02/2023 at 20:30, ACF said:

For some reason I thought the Pennants were? 

...no not at all!!!

I know one of them is playing in a higher age group, but I have never been impressed with either of them.

There is no reason Ali could not turn out be be another Ashley Cole. So long as he retains the composure and believe in and around the oppositions box, then he will be OK.

Chilwell's next state of improvement was always going to be him being more proficient in the box,  he had the skillset,  just that he seemed to belive getting into the forward attacking position was the end game. 

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hugo Vetlesen at Bodo/Glimt, his numbers for a central midfielder are truly astonishing.

20 goals and 23 assists last season and he's already been at it again in Europe in the off season.

Just looked him up, only 23 years old too, those numbers are mental. That's exactly the kind of player I think a club wanting to make a lot of moves over a window should be looking at. I bet he costs about £6/7mil and my argument for numbers like that are if you switched it around - if you put a player in his position from a better league, what sort of output would they produce? I think they'd do well to produce that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Hugo Vetlesen at Bodo/Glimt, his numbers for a central midfielder are truly astonishing.

20 goals and 23 assists last season and he's already been at it again in Europe in the off season.

...he looks very lively, can score with both feet, he looks like an assist machine!!!

You always wonder just how his talents would transfer to the Premier league, there were some half hearted attempts to tackle him in those clips, it wouldn't be the same if he came here.

Certainly a Maddison replacement (should he go), he might already be out of our reach.