Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Random / Semi Unheard of Players you’ve spotted that we should look at

14 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Yeah think you're right following Brexit. Is the Belgian league of a high enough standard to secure a work permit though?

Yeah plenty good enough, unless they play a lot for a good international team a player needs 15 points to be granted a work permit

They get 10 points just from playing for Leuven in the first place

Then they just need to play in at least 40% of available league minutes to get the remaining 5 points

Edited by moore_94

17 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

These types of players are the ones I miss us signing. Low risk with plenty of up side if they make the grade. I've felt for a while now we've become lazy in our scouting.

.. the club would have been looking to build on the title winning team!!!

It made sense to pick up proven talent, it was the way to go in that moment. We did get quite a few wrong, but it was not a time for speculative purchase as if we were some threadbare team, scraping around for a free meal.

At this moment we need to go back and do what we do so well, and that is to pick up talent, when we see it and we need to have a younger squad with experience in the right places.

If it has to be a refresh, there is a lot of these players in this thread we could pick up, and be confident and excited starting the new season. We would all be salivating to get down to the KP, and start to moan about why they haven't build the extension yet,  because you cannot get a ticket.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We should snap him up and send him to Leuven until he's 18

Made the Socceroos squad as an injury replacement for Boro’s Riley McGree

He may never be Prem quality but there’s definitely resell value here, same with Jordan Bos 

Hope Souttar’s having a word with the club

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As the Allsvenskan and Eliteserien seasons start again soon, with @Ric Flair already picking out Hugo Vetlesen...

Hugo Larsson - Malmö 

Sivert Mannsverk - Molde

Lucas Bergvall having moved to Djurgårdens is one to watch, posted him when he was at Brommapojkarna, but over the next year the work permit should become more likely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

As the Allsvenskan and Eliteserien seasons start again soon, with @Ric Flair already picking out Hugo Vetlesen...

Hugo Larsson - Malmö 

Sivert Mannsverk - Molde

I've championed him for a few years now and he's perhaps not hit the heights yet I thought he would but I'm still hopeful.

Odin Thiago Holm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've championed him for a few years now and he's perhaps not hit the heights yet I thought he would but I'm still hopeful.

Odin Thiago Holm

This is about the 50th time you’ve mentioned this guy 😂

• Haha 1

,....he has some tricks but they do not create chances, the videos cuts away because all that flair leads to nothing!!!

He can finish but as a #10 he has to produce more, at his age probably asking too much.

Rabonas from crossfield passes, who would not want to see that at the KP.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

,....he has some tricks but they do not create chances, the videos cuts away because all that flair leads to nothing!!!

He can finish but as a #10 he has to produce more, at his age probably asking too much.

Rabonas from crossfield passes, who would not want to see that at the KP.

There's a 10 part documentary on You Tube about his youth career, pretty staggering. He's very hyped up and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Him and Arder Guler both the ones to watch under 18 right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a 10 part documentary on You Tube about his youth career, pretty staggering. He's very hyped up and it will be interesting to see how he develops.

Him and Arder Guler both the ones to watch under 18 right now.

Spelt David Martinez wrong 😂

On 23/03/2023 at 22:34, Tommy Fresh said:

Posted a fair few Venezuelan kids previously, so I'm fully expecting them to dominate World football in 5 years or so. Another kid here, only turned 17 last month, Brighton use the South American market very well so no reason we can't.

This lad has had a good couple of games for Venezuela in the South American under 17s tournament. 2 goals and an assist in 2 games. Scored a rocket in injury time to equalise against Paraguay and almost caught their keeper out with another good effort

Also scored a penalty against Argentina and his ball for their second was class.

• Like 1