Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Denzel Dumfries

Leicester City ready to offer player plus cash for Denzel Dumfries

Leicester City could offer Timothy Castagne to Inter Milan this summer in a bid to secure the services of fellow right-back and £35.5million-rated Denzel Dumfries, it has been claimed.

According to InterLive.it, Brendan Rodgers is keen on recruiting the Dutch international who has scored two goals and provided four assists from 27 games in all competitions for the Italian club so far this season.

His displays have seen several clubs in England take notice including Manchester United and Chelsea, with the Foxes now reported to be added to the list.

The report says that Leicester "could really have their say" in the potential deal for the 26-year-old in the summer window, suggesting that in order to secure the player’s services, they could include Castagne as part of the deal.

Belgian international Castagne has the experience of playing in Serie A from this time at Atalanta between 2017 and 2020. But it is claimed Inter are not in favour a makeweight deal for the 27-year-old, who has another two years on his contract at the King Power Stadium since they do not intend to carry out "mediocre exchanges" involving the former PSV Eindhoven star.

The report says Inter would prefer to receive only cash for the Dutchman in the next window and have set an asking price of €40m (£35.5m) for Dumfries.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Denzel Dumfries is not too good for us. Have you watched him this season? 

Timothy Castagne is a better defender that Dumfries, it’s not even close. 

Have you been watching him week in week out then? He was one of the stand out players of the tournament at the Euro's, you don't lose that overnight.

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Have you been watching him week in week out then? He was one of the stand out players of the tournament at the Euro's, you don't lose that overnight.

Yes, I watch a lot of Serie A and Inter, that’s why I asked you. lol

He’s really not a great defender and hasn’t added a whole lot going forward this year. He does get in advanced positions and shoots a lot but doesn’t do a whole lot else. Granted, this year’s Inter side plays a dreadful style of football but he’s been very average. 

I don’t think he’s worth Castagne plus a big outlay of cash. 

• Like 2

Having watched him a few times, I get the feeling he’d frustrate the life out of the fan base and would quickly become a massive scapegoat for why we’re shipping goals. 

I’ve stated before that I believe Castagne is overrated by most on here. However he’s a solid 6 - 7 rating every week and massively consistent. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Having watched him a few times, I get the feeling he’d frustrate the life out of the fan base and would quickly become a massive scapegoat for why we’re shipping goals. 

I’ve stated before that I believe Castagne is overrated by most on here. However he’s a solid 6 - 7 rating every week and massively consistent. 

Where has this strange rhetoric come from? Castagne has been poor for ages. He’s not been anywhere near 6-7 consistently. He offers nothing defensively or attacking wise. Dumfries would be a huge upgrade.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Is 6 solid?

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Is 6 solid?

Maybe consistent was a better wording. 

I’m Not high on Castagne, however he’s not Ward, Vestergaard or Amartey levels of tripe.