Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

17 hours ago, westernpark said:

No of course not. I think they are aware of ticketing procedures, sorry if I wasn’t clearer. 

I don't. They own the club but they don't run everything. The team and divisions below the overall owner has to answer for that.

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

Out of interest, what other clubs are doing this? 

Man United do it once every season. We were their game the season just before covid if I remember correctly? Pick up was Tigers but that was for ALL fans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How come mate?

If your ST don’t work they’ll ID you in the ticket office, couple been done on Saturday for it and there’s a post going round on FB about it happening to multiple others. ST taken off the culprits and now gotta have a meeting about it to determine the punishment. 

What is up with this football club?!

11 minutes ago, Harboro said:

Any idea what will happen if you don’t collect?

Bought a ticket for my brother who now can’t come due to work and has got the email

They'll just take the away priority point off you I think. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If your ST don’t work they’ll ID you in the ticket office, couple been done on Saturday for it and there’s a post going round on FB about it happening to multiple others. ST taken off the culprits and now gotta have a meeting about it to determine the punishment. 

What is up with this football club?!

out of interest does anyone know what the the right way is? So say i go with a mate. He cant make it so i take my brother for instance for free on my mates ticket. Is my mate meant to phone the club and tell them this? Would they then allow it? Or would they demand that it goes on the resale platform and then my brother would need to be a member to at least have a chance of buying the seat next to me? 

Utter bonkers really. surely its your ticket you are entitled to pass it on as long as you dont make a profit??  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

out of interest does anyone know what the the right way is? So say i go with a mate. He cant make it so i take my brother for instance for free on my mates ticket. Is my mate meant to phone the club and tell them this? Would they then allow it? Or would they demand that it goes on the resale platform and then my brother would need to be a member to at least have a chance of buying the seat next to me? 

Utter bonkers really. surely its your ticket you are entitled to pass it on as long as you dont make a profit??  

From what i know, they won't allow it and the name has to match the ticket or you're comitting the crime of the century according to the club

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc098 said:

From what i know, they won't allow it and the name has to match the ticket or you're comitting the crime of the century according to the club

certainly feels that way doesnt it! 

there has to be some sort of loophole.... 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

certainly feels that way doesnt it! 

there has to be some sort of loophole.... 

Yeah usually is a loophole for anything the club do but don't post it on here as im assuming they probably check it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

You need to contact the club and give the details of the individual who is using the ticket. They are fine with it through this avenue, it's in the Season Ticket holder terms and conditions. I've done it a number of times, just sent an email. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

You need to contact the club and give the details of the individual who is using the ticket. They are fine with it through this avenue, it's in the Season Ticket holder terms and conditions. I've done it a number of times, just sent an email. 

You sure about that?  It used to be in the ST terms and conditions but I can't see it in the latest version.  

25 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It's not your ticket. It's their ticket and they've provided it to you in exchange for a fee. They can cancel it, re-sell it do whatever they want as it is not your ticket. It's against the law to tout tickets and they are non-transferable. This isn't an LCFC rule. Not saying I agree with it but it's been the case in the UK for years now.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Winchesterfox said:

You sure about that?  It used to be in the ST terms and conditions but I can't see it in the latest version.  

Under numbers 21 and 22, I checked recently and did it for the Brighton game. Unless it has changed since then.

It is still there under regulations 21 and 22. The amateurs don't even add page numbers to their document. 

Edited by westernpark
Further information
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It's not your ticket. It's their ticket and they've provided it to you in exchange for a fee. They can cancel it, re-sell it do whatever they want as it is not your ticket. It's against the law to tout tickets and they are non-transferable. This isn't an LCFC rule. Not saying I agree with it but it's been the case in the UK for years now.

so basically you are meant to go on your own if one of your party cant make it it?? seems ridiculous but yeah i get that it isnt just LCFC doing this. 

• Like 1

Club's rotten to the core, the way they handle stuff with the lack of communication and just pure stubbornness has never sat right with me. Along with the common sense element lacking i.e soton away tickets not going to general sale. The whole admin/ticket side of things could be ran so much better :/  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When we go down they'll be begging us to come back lol

And this is genuinely the only smug thing I have atm, you know full well they'll be trying to get everyone back in soon enough, there's only so long you can be shit for in the current financial climate and the fans will still attend.

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've said this for 15 years though, nothing ever changes. There's employees (which I won't name incase it gets FT into trouble) in that ticket office who hand out free tickets to their pals for big games, they grab extra tickets and sell them to their friends and family, yet when one of us lets someone else use their ST we can get a 3-5 year ban for it. We have blokes who have spent thousands in season tickets for years, then have been to loads of aways who can't get tickets for Forest away or Brentford away, yet a friend of someone in the ticket office who doesn't even care about the club is there watching.

The club and ticket office make out they give a shit about fans, but when a bus load of them get ripped off by their own travel company partner, they distance themselves from said company and say they are nothing to do with them. They don't put tickets on general sale, they have zero interest in the future generations of fans, they only want the here and now, milking it from membership fees. They do zilch about the priority points issue and have ignored the issue continually for about 3-4 years now. They have only just started to allow you to sell your ticket back to the club (4 times a season?) but then only allow you to do so if the game is sold out as they know they'll make another £20-£30 from selling it on to another sucker.

They lied about the transport to and from the FA cup final. They lied about collecting tickets abroad being a UEFA requirement.

This season they've started ramping up the ridiculous stewarding, mainly in L1 and SK1, as they try to clamp down on anyone having any sort of passion for the club. Starting taking bottles off people going in (how many have ever been thrown onto the pitch by home fans?) We've asked for improvement in the stadium catering facilities for about 10 years and nothing has ever changed, it's run like a school tuck shop.

The on the pitch results and actual management of the club is probably a fair reflection on the admin/tickets side of the club now.

I've always said I'd be pretty gutted if I got banned but for the past few months I honestly wouldn't care, it would just allow me to do something more productive with my time, save a hell of a lot of money and maybe find a passion which actually appreciates me as a fan.

I love the football, I go to as many games as I can. Usually most home games (there's always 3 to 4 I miss due to holidays/family evenets etc.), probably 8 to 10 away games. However, the way the club is treating us fans and becoming worse and worse, I am genuinely ready to give it up without actually caring too much. I am that fed up with it and I am sure there are many like us. Many places to go that give more enjoyment and appreciation of you being there.

• Like 2