Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

10 hours ago, Alfie.meadsy said:

For example if you are with your mates at the pub. You will have to leave early just to get a ticket. The lines are always long. Just annoying for whoever is going kinda kills the match experience if you have to leave the pub early or head to the ground early enough and miss out etc. And also the fact about how the priority system needs sorting out too. 

It is an unnecessary procedure yes, that is the main point.

But I do find the inconveniencing points very weak. It is a tiny proportion of tickets being collected, you can rock up to the ground at the usual time and be sure you'll get your tickets. if you're leaving the pub early to collect match tickets you need to chill out and stop being so anxious. I cannot be the only one who has bought away tickets and had to collect on the day, it's never a problem. I've also seen many posters saying away tickets should be pay at the gate and general sale, which it used to be and was largely never a problem in my experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It is an unnecessary procedure yes, that is the main point.

But I do find the inconveniencing points very weak. It is a tiny proportion of tickets being collected, you can rock up to the ground at the usual time and be sure you'll get your tickets. if you're leaving the pub early to collect match tickets you need to chill out and stop being so anxious. I cannot be the only one who has bought away tickets and had to collect on the day, it's never a problem. I've also seen many posters saying away tickets should be pay at the gate and general sale, which it used to be and was largely never a problem in my experience.

The thing is these things very quickly become the norm, remember how digital tickets was a choice? Now they plan to go all digital only a couple of years later.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The thing is these things very quickly become the norm, remember how digital tickets was a choice? Now they plan to go all digital only a couple of years later.

True. I think I am the wrong person to speak to about these things as I am so happy with NFC tickets and really do not want it to change. Plus I have a hard time listening to instructions without trying to find loopholes. 

• Like 1

Just come back from the FCC

the club confirmed 100 tickets were held back. And 45 went uncollected. So in their eyes a high percentage.

Another 10 people were found to be carrying other people's tickets in checks at the ground and refused entry.

This 'trial' is likely to remain in place for the rest of the season.  It seems a 1st offence may only result in a slap on the wrists. As you can blame anything from covid, train strikes, death in the family etc.

However there is definitely a close to zero policy on collection. Although it was mentioned ID ing a kid is a bit harder.

However repeat offenders. Could see some or all away points removed.

Also seems they are moving towards NFC although not 100% for season tickets next year. But they are looking at adding photo ID to anyone requesting a physical card. And they may well also charge extra for the privilege to try push you towards NFC

• Sad 1

Not related to away tickets, but at the game yesterday a Chelsea fan was sitting next to me and kept celebrating when they scored. Others had a pop at him. When asked where did he get his ticket, he replied his mate worked at the club…shocking 

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

Not related to away tickets, but at the game yesterday a Chelsea fan was sitting next to me and kept celebrating when they scored. Others had a pop at him. When asked where did he get his ticket, he replied his mate worked at the club…shocking 

If it's true what he said, contact the club tell them the seat no. they should be able to see who the ticket was allocated to and do something about it, they probably won't but it's worth a try.

• Like 3

Had to collect mine from Brentford today. Only hassle was buses were late and then I had to leg it half way round the ground to get the ticket (easy enough) and leg it back to the away end. A group of lads couldn’t get in due to having company/corporate tickets and they said only the guy booking them could have his. Loads of empty seats near me then at half time they filled up with relatives and friends of Soumare!!!  

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Maybes said:

Wonder what the stats are from Saturday.

To my naked eye I could see patches of spare seats dotted around.

I was actually surprised how many empty seats were around us in our block.. be interesting to know how many didn’t collect tickets and how many arrests there were from our anti social away end 🙄

1 hour ago, Maybes said:

Wonder what the stats are from Saturday.

To my naked eye I could see patches of spare seats dotted around.

It was very empty around us towards the back, just like where I was at Southampton too.

The club will see tickets not being collected as vindication for what they're doing, but the reality is that many simply aren't bothering to travel when it comes to matchday.

And I get it. 

7 hours ago, Craig said:

It was very empty around us towards the back, just like where I was at Southampton too.

The club will see tickets not being collected as vindication for what they're doing, but the reality is that many simply aren't bothering to travel when it comes to matchday.

And I get it. 

It was sold out. Are you saying people are buying tickets then not bothering to go when it comes to the day? I find that crazy 

7 hours ago, Craig said:

And I get it. 

I noticed that at Southampton.  Near the back behind the goal, almost a completely empty row (even though the web site had shown all tickets sold in that area).