Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Amazing Roads & Bridges - Pics & Videos

48 minutes ago, davieG said:

337546760_176340168532673_26119141412056

Not a significant bridge construction but looks vital

Yanjin, China 🇨🇳. The narrowest city in the world.

Living in Northern Italy I used to find the mountains quite oppressive. Can't imagine how I'd feel here. Would it even get sunlight?!

• Like 1

Bridge-house-5.jpg

Pulteney Bridge in Bath, England

Pulteney Bridge is a bridge built in 1774 over the River Avon in Bath. Designed by Robert Adam, it was a rather unusual bridge as it was covered with shops designed in Palladian style. In fact,  it is one of four bridges in the world to have shops across its full span (the others being in Florence, Venice, and Erfurt).

Bridge-house-3.jpg

More house built on bridges.

https://themindcircle.com/houses-built-on-a-bridge-around-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR2WP3fIETQjvn8IzgtWS1gbI8pG0lezx6UpsV8whvaNgDt8sZUS1HTfyGg

• Like 4

337305394_125522410442031_82421435315573

Highway Interchange, Japan

Including these :-

The-Flying-Bridge-in-Moscow-Russia.jpg
The Flying Bridge in Moscow, Russia
The Soaring bridge is a thin airy V-shaped structure with a large outward extension above the water. The bridge protracts 70 meters without a single support. The bearing structure of the bridge is made of concrete and the decorative elements are made of metal; the deck is wooden. The construction withstands a load of 240 tons corresponding to three to four thousand people. High fences are installed so that no one can climb or jump over the sides of the bridge.

Huangjuewan-interchange.jpg

Huangjuewan Interchange, China
One look is just not enough to understand the complexity involved in the construction of this 20-road interchange that was built in China. Called the Huangjuewan flyover, this giant piece of infrastructure was partially opened to the public in 2017.

The region needed an interchange to connect the airport, the city, and an expressway. To get it done, the designers had to send cars through roads that span five levels, with the highest level being 12 stories tall, The interchange has 15 ramps, and the 20 lanes go in eight different directions. The total length of the roads at the interchange is estimated to be a little over 10 miles (16.4 km).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, davieG said:

Huangjuewan-interchange.jpg

Huangjuewan Interchange, China
One look is just not enough to understand the complexity involved in the construction of this 20-road interchange that was built in China. Called the Huangjuewan flyover, this giant piece of infrastructure was partially opened to the public in 2017.

The region needed an interchange to connect the airport, the city, and an expressway. To get it done, the designers had to send cars through roads that span five levels, with the highest level being 12 stories tall, The interchange has 15 ramps, and the 20 lanes go in eight different directions. The total length of the roads at the interchange is estimated to be a little over 10 miles (16.4 km).

Getting plenty of use :D

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

Admire the view from the Clifton suspension bridge in this 360° video

When I drove trucks on my days off from EMAS, I had a Waitrose supermarket delivery to make on Anglesey. My satnav took me to this bridge. There was just enough room to get the cab and trailer through the arches but I had to get out and push the wing mirrors in to do it and that meant I couldn't see the trailer but I thought, just keep it straight and it'll be OK. I don't think the drivers behind my truck were very happy.

Edited by Parafox