Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Amazing Roads & Bridges - Pics & Videos

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Driven over that in my RHD car. Looking out of the driver side window is a knee-weakening experience. I have a fear of heights which didn't help

I can imagine. Almost doesn't look strong enough for its height, like a gust of wind would snap it.

13 hours ago, Wymsey said:

'Spaghetti Junction', Birmingham. 

:whistle:

Spaghetti-Junction-Crop.jpg

Its really quite remarkablke how much worse it looks from here, compared to when you are on it. Having said that, the day i was driving back home to Measham from Birmingham in the fog, took a wrong exit and ended up on the way to Wolverhampton suggests it can be a bastard :) 

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Oresund bridge between Norway and Denmark.

3B8A329C-AD3A-441F-AE23-6DD1CD8596FB.jpeg

Got the train to Malmo from Copenhagen over that for a day out during our European tour. 

I didn't realise how big the Queen Elizabeth bridge was until I went over it last year. The Humber Bridge is another one, until you are on it you don't really appreciate the size.

21 hours ago, Parafox said:

Admire the view from the Clifton suspension bridge in this 360° video

When I drove trucks on my days off from EMAS, I had a Waitrose supermarket delivery to make on Anglesey. My satnav took me to this bridge. There was just enough room to get the cab and trailer through the arches but I had to get out and push the wing mirrors in to do it and that meant I couldn't see the trailer but I thought, just keep it straight and it'll be OK. I don't think the drivers behind my truck were very happy.

Thats the Clifton Suspension Bridge. The Menai Straits Suspension Bridge (A5) is very similar in design/brickwork. Easily confusable, both go over water :P

• Haha 1