Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

EAFC (FIFA 24)

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Just played a game of FUT with the trial and how the f do you defend? Guessing you basically leave the controller the press tackle when they're right next to you. Defence literally running away from the ball 99% of the time

They've changed defending I believe mate. Think you have to change it in settings.

16 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Is this worth getting this year?

I've played a few games on it and personally I shall not be parting with £60+ for this - it's just a reskinned FIFA 23 as always. If you're one of those that love off Ultimate Team I can imagine you'd be tempted to get the game on the dot each year but not for me.

Might be tempted if it comes on sales at Christmas/January if it's sub-£30 but I think there's enough games to keep me going until then.

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I've played a few games on it and personally I shall not be parting with £60+ for this - it's just a reskinned FIFA 23 as always. If you're one of those that love off Ultimate Team I can imagine you'd be tempted to get the game on the dot each year but not for me.

Might be tempted if it comes on sales at Christmas/January if it's sub-£30 but I think there's enough games to keep me going until then.

Not a lover of ultimate team at all to be honest. 

15 hours ago, Ashley said:

They've changed defending I believe mate. Think you have to change it in settings.

Yeah, I've got that on as feel you should use the new gameplay systems. But I answered my own question, it's best to just leave it to the AI until the opposition is right next to you otherwise they just charge straight through you. Rubbish. Never like using exploitative things like that but it's essential online.

I remember when they move away from legacy defending (10 years ago maybe a lot less) and I was so excited because I did all my defending manually, plus I was actually decent at the game then. But that ended up being a system that gave you even less control and made it so reliant on the AI.

It's the same as it has been for 5 years in that it's a good game (lots of content, game modes etc) but a crap football game both in terms of fun or simulation.

On 26/09/2023 at 11:28, sharpylcfc said:

Is this worth getting this year?

Such a tricky question to answer.

I've always advised people against it lol

I am enjoying it, but that probably has a lot to do with Notts County being back in the game.

Ultimate team still does my head in.

Really hoping Pro Clubs has a bit more to offer this time around.

Probably being stupid here but I have loaded fifa onto the PlayStation after using my trial on Xbox and always having it on Xbox but then loaded up ultimate team and it’s not the same. How to I log out of it and sign into the same one as my Xbox if that’s possible 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Probably being stupid here but I have loaded fifa onto the PlayStation after using my trial on Xbox and always having it on Xbox but then loaded up ultimate team and it’s not the same. How to I log out of it and sign into the same one as my Xbox if that’s possible 

I think you can access your ea account through a device and assign your Xbox account and PlayStation account details to this so you can use the same account on both. I’ve never tried so I don’t know for sure.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/

4 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just had a couple of games on my son's which downloaded this morning having not personally played a Fifa game for a couple of years.

Quite liked it, couple of enjoyable matches.

Noticed a couple of Leicester specific chants. Vichai had a dream etc. How long has that been a thing?

I noticed this recently and meant to mention it here to ask if anyone else had heard this, but forgot.

I’m pretty sure it’s new in this game this year, don’t recall this on previous versions. Very nice touch.

• Like 1

First time in four years of purchasing FIFA again. First game on Ultimate team, a little friendly to see how the game has progressed. Me rocking a near full bronze side with Vardy up top, opponent with full gold side including R9, Haaland, Saka and Van Dijk.

Cheers….

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stu said:

I think you can access your ea account through a device and assign your Xbox account and PlayStation account details to this so you can use the same account on both. I’ve never tried so I don’t know for sure.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/link-your-console-accounts/

Thanks will look into it. Not sure wether to start again on PlayStation I quite like just doing all the sbc and stuff I have a decent team so far on Xbox but not really got any rewards yet

2 hours ago, stu said:

I noticed this recently and meant to mention it here to ask if anyone else had heard this, but forgot.

I’m pretty sure it’s new in this game this year, don’t recall this on previous versions. Very nice touch.

Pretty certain that was in there last year. Cool at first then gets annoying when it's all you hear for the whole match ha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buzzell said:

First time in four years of purchasing FIFA again. First game on Ultimate team, a little friendly to see how the game has progressed. Me rocking a near full bronze side with Vardy up top, opponent with full gold side including R9, Haaland, Saka and Van Dijk.

Cheers….

So....Pro Clubs? :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

There is talk about my work setting one up tbf. Is there a FoxesTalk one?

There hasn't been one for the last few games.

Anyway, the cross-play is same gen only, so that'll probably won't work out.

Just did my first drop in match. Oddly enough, I scored on a weird looping header from the top of the box lol

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

There hasn't been one for the last few games.

Anyway, the cross-play is same gen only, so that'll probably won't work out.

Just did my first drop in match. Oddly enough, I scored on a weird looping header from the top of the box lol

Tbf I had a couple of games last night to see if it’s changed much and I found it proper hard. Game is so slow nowadays.