Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

EAFC (FIFA 24)

Releases August 28th. 

Nice to see we are in as a registered team. 

Looks like everyone will be having ridiculous teams on Ultimate Team too. If you don't pack anything over a certain rating after so many packs you'll be guaranteed a 90+ This is how I read it anyway🤯

20230407_163821.thumb.jpg.bd9730e47632a8c8fbd705f8d7fe13d9.jpg

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rumours are they are testing the game without a transfer market!! All players must be packed by microtransacrion points, rewards or sbcs. Also all sbcs confirmed to be untradeable.

Edited by Kyuubi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So there's going to be mixed teams next year, I know It's a game and it's not meant to be 100% realistic but this just seems silly to me. Imagine van dijk being outmuscled by Sam Kerr lol doesn't make sense. Worst part is we're going to be packing them all year long and in icon sbcs.

What do you guys think of this?

FB_IMG_1682365241960.jpg

• Haha 1

tbf, it makes about as much sense as a highly rated player doing 1,000 stepovers in the box before setting himself up to lob your keeper with a scorpion kick.

In my mind, fifa has always been almost entirely an arcade type game rather than a simulator and FUT just leans further into that.

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

So there's going to be mixed teams next year, I know It's a game and it's not meant to be 100% realistic but this just seems silly to me. Imagine van dijk being outmuscled by Sam Kerr lol doesn't make sense. Worst part is we're going to be packing them all year long and in icon sbcs.

What do you guys think of this?

FB_IMG_1682365241960.jpg

I'm more confused seeing Messi next to the Barca badge!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

"OK, team... have a good, long think about whats the absolute minimum you can get away with this year and still call it a feature, then do that, OK?"

*implements new camera angle and a bus cutscene* 

"Bonuses for everyone" 

Honestly fvck this company and this series. I sincerely hope the loss of the license is the beginning of the end for this shit and it dies the death it's deserved for over a decade. 

Really encouraging that new developers are trying to step up to fill the gap. EA don't deserve this. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

"OK, team... have a good, long think about whats the absolute minimum you can get away with this year and still call it a feature, then do that, OK?"

"Bonuses for everyone" 

Honestly fvck this company and this series. I sincerely hope the loss of the license is the beginning of the end for this shit and it dies the death it's deserved for over a decade. 

Really encouraging that new developers are trying to step up to fill the gap. EA don't deserve this. 

So i havent brought a Fifa game for years. So i am not privy to the latest features. But your post confuses me. You start off saying about making minimal changes (i presume in reference to every FIFA game that's released that looks like the previous one, the reason i havent bothered with FIFA for about 5 years) but then share a video that to me looks completely different to any FIFA game i have ever seen. Has this level of detail in career mode been around in the last few FIFA games?

Im probably reading your post completely wrong so i apologise if i have misinterpreted.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

So i havent brought a Fifa game for years. So i am not privy to the latest features. But your post confuses me. You start off saying about making minimal changes (i presume in reference to every FIFA game that's released that looks like the previous one, the reason i havent bothered with FIFA for about 5 years) but then share a video that to me looks completely different to any FIFA game i have ever seen. Has this level of detail in career mode been around in the last few FIFA games?

Im probably reading your post completely wrong so i apologise if i have misinterpreted.

It looks exactly the same as last years (sans branding), and the year before that, and the year before that... You get the picture. 

Basically anything but cash cow UT has basically been forgotten about whilst every year EA pretend they're making huge strides in features across the board whereas in reality they're doing next to nothing. They treat their player base like thick twats and it boils my piss.

At some point around the late 2000s they decided to strip back and remove most features from their games so they could reintroduce them annually, making out like they're innovating to justify the absurd cost to the consumer for what is essentially a reskinned game with a roster update - at full price. All whilst putting 90% of their efforts into UT which obviously generates the most income. 

They know consumers have very little in the way of choice because EA - up until this year - had an absolute stranglehold on the market, so they've just taken the piss for a decade or so and laughed all the way to the bank. 

Edited by RoboFox

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It looks exactly the same as last years (sans branding), and the year before that, and the year before that... You get the picture. 

Basically anything but cash cow UT has basically been forgotten about whilst every year EA pretend they're making huge strides in features across the board whereas in reality they're doing next to nothing. They treat their player base like thick twats and it boils my piss.

At some point around the late 2000s they decided to strip back and remove most features from their games so they could reintroduce them annually, making out like they're innovating to justify the absurd cost to the consumer for what is essentially a reskinned game with a roster update - at full price. All whilst putting 90% of their efforts into UT which obviously generates the most income. 

They know consumers have very little in the way of choice because EA - up until this year - had an absolute stranglehold on the market, so they've just taken the piss for a decade or so and laughed all the way to the bank. 

See i assumed this was what you were referring to, i hadnt seen the last couple of FIFA games so if that video is just the same stuff as usual then i agree 100%. Its the reason i stopped buying football games. I was watching that video thinking omg it looks amazing, without realising those features have pretty much been in the game for a couple of years. So its the same old behaviours.

UT i loved when it first came out. Then when i found myself spending silly money on it i thought what on earth am i doing. 

Hears hoping PES gets back to its glory days

What i found since let say 2012, they just copy and paste the features from the previous season add then just the minimal extra fixtures. Felt mislead that last year it was almost promised that the national league was going to feature but never did. For me there selling what would should be a great short. With the money of EA I'm surprised they attempted to lure the staff over from Football Manager game to fix the career mode. 

I'd love their to be any option when out of your management you have to go through like an interview style for your next job, plus have the option to apply for any club. Say you just managed Man United, been sacked and wanted to have go at Sunderland in the championship you click on Sunderland apply, given a set have answers for the questions by the end of it, you answered enough questions right you get the job. Or even to be harsh say you've been sacked Man United and go for the Man CIty job or bigger, for example it can just come up with "sorry this club is not interested in appointing you at this time"

Edited by Leicesterpool

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

What i found since let say 2012, they just copy and paste the features from the previous season add then just the minimal extra fixtures. Felt mislead that last year it was almost promised that the national league was going to feature but never did. For me there selling what would should be a great short. With the money of EA I'm surprised they attempted to lure the staff over from Football Manager game to fix the career mode. 

I'd love their to be any option when out of your management you have to go through like an interview style for your next job, plus have the option to apply for any club. Say you just managed Man United, been sacked and wanted to have go at Sunderland in the championship you click on Sunderland apply, given a set have answers for the questions by the end of it, you answered enough questions right you get the job. Or even to be harsh say you've been sacked Man United and go for the Man CIty job or bigger, for example it can just come up with "sorry this club is not interested in appointing you at this time"

So they are implementing something like this for player career with the agent feature which sounds great. But totally with you on that one. People want it to be more like FM but I think it needs more gamey features like what you're suggesting, or the ability to start with x amount of money at new clubs. Even things like being able to search by overall rating/individual stats (even if a range) should be brought back.

I actually think there's some decent features like the coaches coming back, styles thing hints at chemistry like features. PES or whatever it's called is so much more fun because of the player roles and team spirit (chemistry) which makes a notable difference. And more importantly the AI is actually a challenge on the higher difficulty levels rather than just getting stupid boosts.

Biggest complaint and there's always many with career mode, is how we still don't have stats transfer from year to year so no persistent stats. Kills the immersion a lot

Do or don't I bother. 

Women in FUT is the stopper for me to be honest. You can see some of them being meta(Sam Kerr) and taking the piss out of VVD and Maldini etc 

If they were in FUT but it was a womens version only that'd be cool. Being able to mix with mens teams is just a no.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else on here do the closed Beta the last week or so? I did and not impressed at all. I know its Beta and they've clearly still got lots to update and fix but I was really disappointed, I thought being the first one after losing the FIFA name they'd go all out for updates and changes but it is (yet again) just another reskin, a few extra graphics before the game and at half time seems the only new thing about it. They've somehow managed to make the menu system terrible as well. Won't be parting with £50/60 or whatever it is for this for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 09/08/2023 at 13:21, RoboFox said:

"Bonuses for everyone" 

I like the pre-match report and changes to the tactics, but they really are brilliant at adding the perfect amount of waffle to big up two or three minor improvements to the same game as something life changing. They are also great at editing together the three extra cutscenes to make it look like they've added loads more.

Anyone know what happened to that fabled officially licensed FIFA game? 2K were rumoured to be working on it.

4 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Anyone know what happened to that fabled officially licensed FIFA game? 2K were rumoured to be working on it.

I was excited for the fact that there would be some competition again(since Konami fell off the map), but I don't see anything about an upcoming football game, besides EA FC.