Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester City

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s very easy to recruit when you’re winning trophies every season, playing champions league football and paying ridiculous wages. 

It should theoretically be easier but look at Chelsea and Man Utd.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

It should theoretically be easier but look at Chelsea and Man Utd.

Man Utd & Chelsea have both won European trophies, amongst other domestic trophies in the time that Man City have became power houses, though. Chelsea will be a circus club however long they’ve got that idiot Boehely owning them, unless he gets some real football people into the club. 

Man City are obviously the best run out of the lot I will not dispute that. 

Weird fans. I can't stand them.

For me, there is no comparison to Man Utd's treble winning team either because they actually won the Champions League. If Man City can replicate (win the League/Champions League/FA Cup) then I will concede.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

I'm ambivalent to them. They've gone out and got the best manager available as well as load of the best players in their positions it's no wonder they're successful. I think a lot of it is that they have stuck a super club way of operating onto a medium sized club and it doesn't quite look right. Even Man City fans look out of place with everything going on around them and it has a sort of uncanny valley feel about it.

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

It's definitely a lot easier, but the fact that they never seem to get any of their "big" signings wrong is impressive. I can't remember the last one that you could say was a flop. 

They do tend to hit more than miss but…Kalvin Phillips? Benjamin Mendy? Danilo?

I like Grealish too – wouldn't necessarily say it was a failed transfer but he was never a £100m+ player.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They do tend to hit more than miss but…Kalvin Phillips? Benjamin Mendy? Danilo?

I like Grealish too – wouldn't necessarily say it was a failed transfer but he was never a £100m+ player.

Phillips was never seen as a starting 11 player so I've kind of excluded him, but he definitely should have offered more as a rotation option than he has so that's fair. 

Mendy I'll give you, he wasn't as good as his price tag before what happened, happened. 

Yeah Danilo was average - how much did they spend on him? They managed to use him to help pry Cancelo away from Juventus so I suppose that worked out well for them regardless lol 

Yeah, Grealish was never worth that money but I'm the same as you, I like him. I knew he was good, but watching him in person at the Etihad the other week made me realise just how good he is at dribbling with the ball at his feet. 

6 hours ago, Raj said:

Arsenals invincibles.

Imagine going the whole Premier Season without a loss?

26 wins 12 draws, 90 points, we weren't far off them in 2016. Both Liverpool and Man City touching 100 points more than once. The two teams are a league far above Arsenal 2004. Wenger is full of ego and didn't risk everything to win every game so he could claim the 'invincible' tag. Not the same as Pep, goes out to win every match. 

• Like 1

I know they weren't anything special before the oil money came in, but I had no idea they finished just above the relegation zone in 2003/04. Only memory from that season is obviously based around our relegation and Frank Sinclair's epic fails, but just didn't comprehend that Man City were that low in the league that year.

19 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Mahrez gone up plenty of gears too since being there. What a player

It’s what any good manager does, turn them into better players. Pep is a great manager and Man City will drop off when he leaves.