Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Manchester City

This club gets a lot of hate because of their spending but we have to respect the absolute juggernaut they've become. An impeccable well drilled relentless winning machine.

Their recruitment is close to perfection, their manager is close to perfection, their football is damn near perfect. Regular 90+ seasons like its nothing.

The 99 treble United team won the league with 79 points. Levels to this game.

** I appreciate the financial doping allegations but Chelsea,  PSG, Man Utd etc, have broken multiple transfer records and spent billions, and yet they're a circus. 

• Like 2

I'm with the OP here. There are a fair few examples of clubs throwing a ridiculous amount of money at problems and it not working. With Man C, that's evidently not the case and they're probably one of the highest standard clubs in terms of actually playing the game that's ever existed.

Yeah, get the stupid amount of money out of football, that goes without saying, but so does the standard of play being shown.

• Like 2

It just seems to be the way things work in the Premier League - right from its inception, each decade has seen the elevation of a given club to the Elite level. Started with Manchester United in 1993, who hadn't won the top flight of English Football since 1967 who gradually transformed into a behemoth through the 90's, winning a treble with the '99 Champions League included, altogether onto dominate this country's game for 20 years. 00's Chelsea raised up with Abramovich, a club who hadn't won the top flight since 1955 went on to beat Sir Alex's Red Devils in their pomp to the title twice, again capping it all off with a European Title in 2012. Same year Chelsea won their maiden CL trophy, we have Manchester City who were bought by an Oil State 4 years prior winning their first top flight crown since 1968 - and as we know have now grown and essentially dominated everything since apart from the Champions League...

Now we have Newcastle United to 'enjoy'.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm with the OP here. There are a fair few examples of clubs throwing a ridiculous amount of money at problems and it not working. With Man C, that's evidently not the case and they're probably one of the highest standard clubs in terms of actually playing the game that's ever existed.

Yeah, get the stupid amount of money out of football, that goes without saying, but so does the standard of play being shown.

People don't want to understand this. Loads of clubs have broken FFP and spent insane money but none have set the super high standards Man City have. 

Man City are the greatest PL side ever. Nobody wants to actually give them credit for it but we're witnessing a great dynasty here. 

Edited by Koke

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Agreed, loved the title battles between them and Liverpool in those 3 years. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Man City are the greatest PL side ever. Nobody wants to actually give them credit for it but we're witnessing a great dynasty here. 

Arsenals invincibles.

Imagine going the whole Premier Season without a loss?

I mean it's still financial doping, just because they have better administrators and legal team than some of the other high roller clubs doesn't really deserve applause.

There is an argument that they're working within a system that has allowed this, but we aren't even sure that's the case!

12 hours ago, Koke said:

This club gets a lot of hate because of their spending but we have to respect the absolute juggernaut they've become. An impeccable well drilled relentless winning machine.

Their recruitment is close to perfection, their manager is close to perfection, their football is damn near perfect. Regular 90+ seasons like its nothing.

** I appreciate the financial doping allegations but Chelsea,  PSG, Man Utd etc, have broken multiple transfer records and spent billions, and yet they're a circus. 

I was talking about this at the weekend, one of the few clubs with money that are genuinely ran intelligently top to bottom. This is what consistently sets them apart from the competition.

It's like giving Brighton/Brentford tonnes of money, I'd expect the same thing to happen.

You just need to look at Chelsea and Man Utd who have been spending similar levels to see the massive difference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Koke said:

It’s very easy to recruit when you’re winning trophies every season, playing champions league football and paying ridiculous wages. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s very easy to recruit when you’re winning trophies every season, playing champions league football and paying ridiculous wages. 

It's definitely a lot easier, but the fact that they never seem to get any of their "big" signings wrong is impressive. I can't remember the last one that you could say was a flop.