Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

It looks like we will need to do so again. I'd swap that win and the one over Millwall for six league points. 

We beat Birmingham away in the league mate, as much as you want to, you aren't watching Leicester there again this season

Still find it mad the gap between the top 4 and 5th placed WBA. WBA are 21 points clear of Stoke in the relegation zone and 19 behind us at the top. And it's also mad how tight it is at the bottom of the table. Rotherham are gone and then it's 2 from 9 that could still go down. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’re not getting any points at all from our next  three games. So we will be third by the time we hit April. 

The Leeds Southampton game could well be pivotal because I’ve got a feeling Leeds will have won the league by then, and us Southampton and Ipswich will fighting out for second place. 

Makes me feel sick. We’re the **** up kings. 

Leeds are not good against team who setup not to lose, so the whole ‘easiest run in’ is rubbish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Leeds are not good against team who setup not to lose, so the whole ‘easiest run in’ is rubbish.

Yeah. I don't really believe in the easy / hard run in scenarios. All the games will be tough. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Still find it mad the gap between the top 4 and 5th placed WBA. WBA are 21 points clear of Stoke in the relegation zone and 19 behind us at the top. And it's also mad how tight it is at the bottom of the table. Rotherham are gone and then it's 2 from 9 that could still go down. 

I'm going to link this comment with another "we aren’t getting any points from the next 3 games" we are in a bad run the teams between 10th-14th don't seem like they have a lot to play for, we have two of those teams in the next 3 games.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

There's no way we lose the next 3 FFS 😂

Everyone said we wouldn’t lose today. And we have…… I’ve lost any faith that this team will deliver after today, they looked like a team who have lost all of their belief at the final whistle. 

• Like 2

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

Honestly wouldn't put it past us at the moment. We're being sussed out. 

Sussed out that badly that we had enough chances in the two games prior to win both. Today was honking mind, and we never looked like getting anything.

Team needs a big shake up. There's some players in there who just aren't good enough. Daka, Mavididi were truly awful id chuck em in the youth team theve been that awful today. Also serious questions around KDH and Winks today. I feel Faes is a complete bombscare at the back. I'm really struggling to see where the next win comes from, this looks like a team devoid of confidence, ideas and fight. We need to get back to basics stop getting hit by basic counter attack transitions. 

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Everyone said we wouldn’t lose today. And we have…… I’ve lost any faith that this team will deliver after today, they looked like a team who have lost all of their belief at the final whistle. 

I get the loss of faith. We were poor. There just no way we lose 6 in a row. No way.

20 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'm going to link this comment with another "we aren’t getting any points from the next 3 games" we are in a bad run the teams between 10th-14th don't seem like they have a lot to play for, we have two of those teams in the next 3 games.

Yep, literally 10th-14th are the only teams with nothing to play for now. I still can't believe we lost twice to Middlesbrough, they are absolutely crap. I know they've struggled with injuries but they are a poor side. We've absolutely got to be putting Sunderland and Bristol C away if we want to go up. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I get the loss of faith. We were poor. There just no way we lose 6 in a row. No way.

I admire your confidence I really do. Today smacked of last season…. 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

People said a few weeks ago, there's no way we lose 3, and erm we did. Anything is possible. The next fixtures are harder too.  

21 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

People said a few weeks ago, there's no way we lose 3, and erm we did. Anything is possible. The next fixtures are harder too.  

We won't lose the next 3. We just won't. Possible yes, probable no.

I think people are forgetting that the teams we're facing in the middle of the table with "nothing to play for" are still playing Leicester City. We're the scalps of the division and everyone gives more when playing us (take Boro for example who are wank before and after they played us" yet it seems we don't give everything back. Pure complacency!

Edited by TheGoldenGod

28 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep, literally 10th-14th are the only teams with nothing to play for now. I still can't believe we lost twice to Middlesbrough, they are absolutely crap. I know they've struggled with injuries but they are a poor side. We've absolutely got to be putting Sunderland and Bristol C away if we want to go up. 

I think they have quality in the team, was impressed both times they played us.  Just because a team is happy to let us have the ball after they have taken the lead, it doesnt mean they are crap, next season I expect them to be fighting for playoffs.

We have become a bit snobbish, thinking possession represents class of team, when it doesnt, its just an optional way to play the game, and perhaps a reminder we won the biggest league in the world with low possession.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We won't lose the next 3. We just won't. Possible yes, probable no.

We may draw one. I don't see us winning any of the next 3. Much better sides than boro or qpr. 

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We may draw one. I don't see us winning any of the next 3. Much better sides than boro or qpr. 

Don't think Sunderland are at the moment looking at their form