Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 26/02/2024 at 10:35, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can't shake the feeling that we've fvcked it. Probably not promotion but the title, which could and arguably should have been sewn up. 

Usually get the positivity back by now after a defeat but it's nowhere to be seen. The CL bottles and "too good to go down" scars are very much still there. 

Gets worse. Won't tag those three that left a laughing emoji on this, yet lol

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not sure why people have been refusing to admit there’s a possibility we bottle it. Where have they been the last few years? It’s in our DNA now 

• Like 3

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The "we'll be fine" attitude comes from the very Top and filters through to the fans. 

How have they seen a 14 point gap (was probably more at one point) rapidly disappear and think everything is fine 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Where is the next win coming from then? I’m not sure I’m confident with any of our March fixtures. Looking at Birmingham in early April, maybe? Possibly Bristol at the end of March.

The only thing that gives me hope is that they are away fixtures.

I think the pressure at home games is getting to them.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The "we'll be fine" attitude comes from the very Top and filters through to the fans. 

I got hammered a few weeks ago for saying similar things.

The we will be fine brigade are very quiet now.

• Like 1

Taking a step back, unless I am mistaken all of our defeats this season have occurred when we have completely dominated possession. It surely cannot be outside the wisdom of a professional coaching set up to sort this out given the quality of players we have at our disposal ( compared to the opposition) ? Perhaps I am being naive?

1 hour ago, Midlands_tractor said:

We won’t win the league, we might come second. We will probably come third. 
we would need to win the majority of our games remaining to do the first two and without my blue tinted glasses on I don’t see it. 

there’s still a lot of twists and turns in this yet and Leicester will have their moment they just need to take it 

Taking off my own blue tints, it’s very unlikely we finish above you now. Momentum and grit are huge at this time of the season and we have neither whilst you have both in spades. 

Ipswich and Leeds now for me, unsure what order.

I thought Ipswich scoring thirty seconds after Rotherham had equalised was bad enough. It seems Soton have now perked up too. We have to go to Birmingham and I can't see us winning 4-3 with a winner in  injury time. Can't we cash in our wins over Bham and Millwall in the cup for six points and let one of them play Chelsea instead? 

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

This league badly needs VAR

VAR is one of the reasons why l dislike The Premier League.

However, officiating needs to vastly improve throughout all divisions. 

2 hours ago, Semper Eadem Exile said:

Taking a step back, unless I am mistaken all of our defeats this season have occurred when we have completely dominated possession. It surely cannot be outside the wisdom of a professional coaching set up to sort this out given the quality of players we have at our disposal ( compared to the opposition) ? Perhaps I am being naive?

We don't have a decent striker who is clinical enough. We've been spoilt by having Vardy in the last 10 years but he's understandably not at his peak now.  

8 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

We don't have a decent striker who is clinical enough. We've been spoilt by having Vardy in the last 10 years but he's understandably not at his peak now.  

You have to have chances to actually be clinical with. What did we create today in reality. I saw nothing any striker could have fed off. It was utterly dire. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

I thought Ipswich scoring thirty seconds after Rotherham had equalised was bad enough. It seems Soton have now perked up too. We have to go to Birmingham and I can't see us winning 4-3 with a winner in  injury time. Can't we cash in our wins over Bham and Millwall in the cup for six points and let one of them play Chelsea instead? 

We have been to Birmingham and won 3-2

4 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Based on what? We are 15th in the form table and dropping which suggests there are 14 teams who can beat us at present. 

We've beaten most of those sides already this season, the mentalities are just a mess, hence the "need to get their heads back in the right place"

We have kept clean sheets in 12 of 35 games just over a third, we should be targeting at least 6 from the last 11 games, if goals are drying up we have to tighten up the other end, much like what happened in 2016 with all those 1-0 win starting around this time of the year, we were free scoring earlier in that season, teams worked us out, we had to then break teams down a lot more. 5 wins on the spin that season began on 5th March, let's start again on the 5th March.

Edited by Beachyboy

10 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

We have been to Birmingham and won 3-2i.

It looks like we will need to do so again. I'd swap that win and the one over Millwall for six league points. 

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

No chance 

More chance than there was of 7 wins 1 draw 1 defeat in 2015, and 4 defeats in 14 months in 2015-2016 though. Far less than 5000-1, I'd say it's 50-1

Edited by Beachyboy