Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

ST Renewals & Physical Cards v NFC

Just wanted to flag this as I nearly missed it. My ST is a physical card. Just renewed and would have thought the renewal would include the preference I made last year to have a physical card. No. You have to select your preference again on the website after renewal or you’ll be moved to NFC (mobile phone ST) by default for next season. 

• Thanks 4

Good thinking starting this. Someone at the game on Sunday told me about this and I'd have fallen for their move hook, line and sinker without his intel (and if no-one had mentioned it on here)

Stealth move by the club. We'll let you keep your physical cards but you'll have to opt in and we're going to tuck it away to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Raj said:

To be fair to the club, if everyone moves to NFC it means they have more money  as savings from the Printing of the cards to pay off Jon Rudkin!!!

We need as many as possible to keep them to keep the batch production costs feasible! 

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Can someone kindly help me with this? I have renewed automatically via direct debit and want to keep physical card, what do I need to do?

Cheers 

1 minute ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Can someone kindly help me with this? I have renewed automatically via direct debit and want to keep physical card, what do I need to do?

Cheers 

You need to log in and update your preferences. 

Screenshot_20230531_152101_WhatsApp.jpg

Guest David Oldfields Gate
3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

You need to log in and update your preferences. 

Screenshot_20230531_152101_WhatsApp.jpg

Brill, nice one mate. 

Just had the email. 

Does this mean I can go back to a card from NFC ? , I got suckered in last year and wasn’t happy with the restrictions on it and would rather have something physical. 

Edited by Livid

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Just had the email. 

Does this mean I can go back to a card from NFC ? , I got suckered in last year and wasn’t happy with the restrictions on it and would rather have something physical. 

Not sure. You’d like to hope so but seems like the club want to transition to NFC. Hope  those that tried it last year and prefer physical cards still have the choice. Can anyone confirm?

8 hours ago, Otis said:

My email states...

Any Season Ticket Holder who has the same seat and same ageband as per the 2022/23 Season and currently holds a Season Card will have their 2023/24 Season Ticket uploaded onto their current card.

Yes! I had forgotten about that. But contrast that with what it states on the website, 

IMG_3251.jpeg

23 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Yes! I had forgotten about that. But contrast that with what it states on the website, 

IMG_3251.jpeg

Agreed, poor communication with contrasting information. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I've opted for the card after having NFC last season, I got an email confirming I had chosen the card.

Same here I just went for it, what's the worse that could happen (no season ticket card and no nfc pass on the eve of the season and having a frustrating computer says no conversation after being on hold to the ticket office for an hour! :rolleyes:)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Otis said:

My email states...

Any Season Ticket Holder who has the same seat and same ageband as per the 2022/23 Season and currently holds a Season Card will have their 2023/24 Season Ticket uploaded onto their current card.

My grandson will go from U18 to U22. So If i do not tick the Mobile, but tick the Season Card. My ticket will be the same. But what will happen to his?

5 minutes ago, tsmiggy30 said:

My grandson will go from U18 to U22. So If i do not tick the Mobile, but tick the Season Card. My ticket will be the same. But what will happen to his?

You can log in to your account and select your preferences for each holder.

2 hours ago, Otis said:

You can log in to your account and select your preferences for each holder.

The only thing, i am not sure about is. In the case of my grandson, his card states U18, but this season he becomes U22. So how would that work. Would they issue a new U22 card, or force him on Mobile. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, tsmiggy30 said:

The only thing, i am not sure about is. In the case of my grandson, his card states U18, but this season he becomes U22. So how would that work. Would they issue a new U22 card, or force him on Mobile. 

Thanks

My lad goes from u13 to u16 this season and we have allways had plastic cards.....i ticked the card option on the website just to make sure for him!

Anyone else having trouble switching to the 11 direct debit payments? I am trying to pay and once I put my account details in the “next” button doesn’t become active. 

Details definitely all correct. No problem if I want to pay it all up front though! 

3 hours ago, tsmiggy30 said:

This is what i am presented with. So i assume ticking the Season Card sorts his out also

image.jpeg

Yep, click the Season Card radio button and go through the process to 'buy'. You won't actually buy anything, but it just confirms you will have the Season Card.

• Like 1