Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League One & Two - 2023-2024 Season

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

That it was.

So, my thoughts...

Wasn't easy getting up for 7:30 am here this morning for the match. Had a bit too much to drink last night.

Even before today's match, I did feel a bit fraudulent as table toppers and today the issues I've seen with us(along with the majority of Notts supporters) were exposed by Mansfield. That especially hurts, cuz it's Mansfield, and I don't even live over there!

We certainly can't afford to be missing anyone as we were today with Jodi Jones and Kyle Cameron. We are just too thin roster wise once we go much beyond our starting eleven. Not to make excuses, but fans knew this was a problem.

Switching back to Sam Slocombe in goal after using Stone all season was not a good idea. But that wasn't the lone reason we lost today.

So, anyway...

We were never going to just walk the league and today's kick in the nuts from our wonderful neighbours hurts, but we probably had it coming.

We still have a decent team. Luke Williams has our confidence and at the end of the day, it's just a loss and we just have to be better next match.

Didn't realise Notts vs Mansfield was such a big rivalry tbh

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Didn't realise Notts vs Mansfield was such a big rivalry tbh

Spent a lot of time over the years in the same division. 

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So tight at the top of League 2 right now.

Guess @spacemunky would've taken yet another Mansfield draw today 

Certainly would have. 

I do feel they've had the better the better of us, at least in the years I recall playing them.

Maybe they took it personal hearing how Notts & Wrexham were the favourites this season.

I hope we can at least give a better showing when we play there.