Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Big Blue Maff

Tielemans to villa

On 14/06/2023 at 12:57, Corky said:

They are good players but I'm struggling to name many I'd be disappointed to see leave. The more out the better.

I've said this. Pundits talking about 7 out of contract as if it's a disaster. Where's the bad news? 

In no way is relegation a positive, it can't be. But imagine staying up and keeping most of this lot. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 03:07, Royston. said:

Villa fans I know are happy with this so obviously they haven't watched a lot of his games over the last 2 years.

They are the same fans asking me if we would have stayed up had we stuck with Rodgers.

Good luck Youri and hope you do well:wave:

...do not be surprised if they are asking Youri for their money back by Christmas!!!

On 13/06/2023 at 09:59, Le Renard said:

Tielemans actually only had one good season with us, yes there were purple patches at times but he wasn't really very consistent.  His time at Monaco was pretty poor, so out of the 6 seasons since he departed Anderlecht he's only had one outstanding full season. 

I hope people at the club are hanging their heads in shame at not selling a prize asset 2 years ago,  all that nonsense about us not being a selling club anymore, as mentioned by Rodgers after the cup win, has royally screwed the club.  You can't keep players who want to move on, it creates problems in the dressing room.  Whoever listened to the snake oil salesman needs to fall on their sword.

And the snake oil salesman rewarded Youri for his lack of effort and commitment by making him the first name on every teamsheet and ultimately entrusting him with the captaincy.  A plague on the two of them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not just saying this but I’ve thought it for a while. 

With our contract situations, had we stayed up, we’d have been royally screwed. Ending up in a worse position than we are now.

We’d still need a lot of players, PL quality. We would need to spend a fortune, but we’d have ended up with a load of crap because we needed so many players. We’d likely be relegated with a full squad on 4/5 year deals on big contracts. 

Players would be reluctant to sign with relegation clauses with it looking likely we would go down. 

Then there’s the manager, good knows who’d have come in but again, it wouldn’t be cheap. 

I think it came to a point where going down wasn’t the worst outcome.

Hope you're right. Still feel sick every time i think about what's happened though

16 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

With our contract situations, had we stayed up, we’d have been royally screwed. Ending up in a worse position than we are now.

We’d still need a lot of players, PL quality. We would need to spend a fortune, but we’d have ended up with a load of crap because we needed so many players. We’d likely be relegated with a full squad on 4/5 year deals on big contracts. 

Players would be reluctant to sign with relegation clauses with it looking likely we would go down. 

Then there’s the manager, good knows who’d have come in but again, it wouldn’t be cheap. 

Would explain why no one seemed to give a fuk:P

How bad do you have to screw up for relegation to be the best option?:doh:

• Like 2

On 16/06/2023 at 08:11, Leeds Fox said:

We don’t know those yet who are PL players…

One thing is definite ,no one on this forum ( including me) can pick them..

On 13/06/2023 at 17:55, trabuch said:

Rodgers is no Pearson or Ranieri, and Tielemans is no Albrighton or even Drinkwater.

Not sure why this has a laughing reaction, youre right, Tielemans is not close to the likes of Albrighton and Drinkwater in terms of legend status. The gap is mostly because of the last two seasons but even if he had left in summer 2021 he would still not be on the same level as those two.

• Thanks 2