Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
23 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Any of our Leuven members know if they had a sell on clause with Keita?

According to Wikipedia he is on loan, not sure if this is correct.

3 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

According to Wikipedia he is on loan, not sure if this is correct.

Correct, on loan for a fee of 3M with a mandatory future fee for a total of about 7.5M and 15% on any future transfer according to various sources (nothing offical though). This would technically also mean that West Ham indeed can't sign him. From what I've read in the Belgian press, it's more for next season anyway, so the current construction wouldn't be an issue. Dude's destined for great things to be honest, the progress he's made in the last two years and the way he's presented himself in Europe was downright impressive. 

• Like 1

Greetings OH Leuven fans!  As we're suffering from a severe lack of watching City in Europe symptoms, myself and six mates have decided our first  visit to watch OH Leuven may help with the withdrawal pains.  Where better to go than to support our KP sister club in Belgium? Accordingly we have tickets for the match against FRC Genk next Wednesday 31st January.  We're coming over for two nights on Tuesday and would welcome any helpful recommendations about local drinking/eating emporia (we already have a few tips for the former - got to get the priorities right!) and any other helpful information relating to the footy and being in the fine city of Leuven for a couple of days. 

Unfortunately since we booked for this trip (deliberately chosen to avoid City home games) we will miss being at our home game against Swansea switched to Tuesday 30th January. Bit of a long shot I guess but is there anywhere we could watch the game locally?

Very many thanks in advance for any useful guidance.

KP the 'TITH' 🦊

Edited by TTITH
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TTITH said:

Greetings OH Leuven fans!  As we're suffering from a severe lack of watching City in Europe symptoms, myself and six mates have decided our first  visit to watch OH Leuven may help with the withdrawal pains.  Where better to go than to support our KP sister club in Belgium? Accordingly we have tickets for the match against FRC Genk next Wednesday 31st January.  We're coming over for two nights on Tuesday and would welcome any helpful recommendations about local drinking/eating emporia (we already have a few tips for the former - got to get the priorities right!) and any other helpful information relating to the footy and being in the fine city of Leuven for a couple of days. 

Unfortunately since we booked for this trip (deliberately chosen to avoid City home games) we will miss being at our home game against Swansea switched to Tuesday 30th January. Bit of a long shot I guess but is there anywhere we could watch the game locally?

KP the 'TITH' 🦊

Finding a place to drink is never a problem in Leuven. Best location is the "Oude Markt" (old market square)

https://www.visitleuven.be/en/oude-markt

For eating I recommend "De Munstraat" which has a lot of different restaurants

http://www.muntstraat.be/content/home.html?lang=en

I doubt you'll find a place to watch the Leicester game to be honest, but you could try the "Irish Pub"

http://www.thomasstapleton.be/index.php?page=home&lang=uk&ext=htm

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Finding a place to drink is never a problem in Leuven. Best location is the "Oude Markt" (old market square)

https://www.visitleuven.be/en/oude-markt

For eating I recommend "De Munstraat" which has a lot of different restaurants

http://www.muntstraat.be/content/home.html?lang=en

I doubt you'll find a place to watch the Leicester game to be honest, but you could try the "Irish Pub"

http://www.thomasstapleton.be/index.php?page=home&lang=uk&ext=htm

That's great Bonanza!  👍  Many thanks for taking the trouble to send such a helpful reply.  I'm sure you're right that it's a long shot to find somewhere to watch the game against Swansea but hope springs eternal.

Any other helpful advice or recommendations from Leuven locals, as per my original post, very welcome.

Hopefully we'll bring a little bit of LCFC luck to OH Leuven next Wednesday night!

Cheers!

KP

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TTITH said:

That's great Bonanza!  👍  Many thanks for taking the trouble to send such a helpful reply.  I'm sure you're right that it's a long shot to find somewhere to watch the game against Swansea but hope springs eternal.

Any other helpful advice or recommendations from Leuven locals, as per my original post, very welcome.

Hopefully we'll bring a little bit of LCFC luck to OH Leuven next Wednesday night!

Cheers!

KP

The pub Plaza at the Oude Markt is the bar that shows the most live football in the region I believe. But even then, it's unlikely they'll show a Championship game. Not per se because there's a lack of interest, but I don't think any of the Belgian TV stations own the rights to show the games. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

what’s happened to Opoku? we had such high hopes for him this year! 

Progress stalled and even regressed. Also feels like a severe lack of the right mindset on the pitch, really. 

22 hours ago, TTITH said:

KP the 'TITH' 🦊

Is this any use

Our Swansea City match next Tuesday will be live streamed on Foxes Hub - and can be watched from anywhere! 📺
  • Like 3

Awful game away at last placed Kortrijk, from both sides. Heavy pitch and ours clearly still with tired legs from the midweek game. Defensively solid, only one world class save from Leysen and a ball against the post, but one big blank on the attacking end today. If results go our way tonight and tomorrow, we might be a point closer to a safe spot though, with only three points left to bridge then in eight games.

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, are you guys left wanting for transfer as well?

There's a rumour floating around that it's due to Top getting married and his festivities lasting three weeks, with him being pretty much unavailable and without his signature, nothing happens.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Out of curiosity, are you guys left wanting for transfer as well?

There's a rumour floating around that it's due to Top getting married and his festivities lasting three weeks, with him being pretty much unavailable and without his signature, nothing happens.

Not sure about your transfers but definitely not the case with ours, interesting rumour though lol

On 22/01/2024 at 14:54, KlaaZ said:

Correct, on loan for a fee of 3M with a mandatory future fee for a total of about 7.5M and 15% on any future transfer according to various sources (nothing offical though). This would technically also mean that West Ham indeed can't sign him. From what I've read in the Belgian press, it's more for next season anyway, so the current construction wouldn't be an issue. Dude's destined for great things to be honest, the progress he's made in the last two years and the way he's presented himself in Europe was downright impressive. 

It’s a bit mad how nothing has been made of the links between the club other than a few horrendous loans.

If this lad is destined for great things he should be ours next season not West Ham’s. 

Brighton must absolutely piss themselves when they look at how they’ve run USG vs what we’ve done with OHL lol 

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

It’s a bit mad how nothing has been made of the links between the club other than a few horrendous loans.

If this lad is destined for great things he should be ours next season not West Ham’s. 

Brighton must absolutely piss themselves when they look at how they’ve run USG vs what we’ve done with OHL lol 

Definitely. To be fair, I think Union runs pretty much separately from Brighton with the exception that they use the same data. Works like a charm though, ridiculous what they've doing there season after season.

On 22/01/2024 at 11:22, moore_94 said:

Any of our Leuven members know if they had a sell on clause with Keita?

So a good defensive midfielder who was at our sister/feeder side might end up playing against us next season with our current DM out of contract in the summer. Wow!

Maziz should be one for us to be heavily scouting. I've followed him for a number of years and was very surprised Leuven got him.

He's a classy player but Leicester don't seem to want to utilise the relationship with Leuven, which is frankly bizarre.