Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 23/24

34 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The Belgium season has now ended? Blimey that was a close one. LOL 

Nah the league now gets split into 3 groups

But because of Leuven’s win it means they are not in the relegation playoffs group

Breakdown of how it works now is on the 1st page :)

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

On 17/03/2024 at 22:25, It'sblueupnorth said:

Great result. Is that horrible gold kit a one off or are you stuck with it? 

Was announced as a one-off thing. Tbh I’m hearing very positive reviews as well and during that match I’ve spotted multiple supporters who had already bought this.  

Personally I’m quite positive as well, the gold resembles the colour of Stella and looks quite nice. I would not mind at all if we play with this as first kit next season, but for me anything is better than white, which does not really stand out. Poor decision when founding the club to go for white, either the combo of green black red (colours of the three clubs that merged into OHL in 2002) or an entirely different but standout colour would’ve been better. That being said, also have to admit the 2023-24 home kit is at least better than those of the prev 5 seasons.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Rudkin's working wonders at Leuven as well then I see :D 

They actually have a different Director of Football to us (Rudkin is still a director at Leuven though)

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They actually have a different Director of Football to us (Rudkin is still a director at Leuven though)

Oh do they - my apologies to Mr Rudkin for besmirching his good name!

Well at least we know to avoid this chap if Rudkin gets bored of milking the king power teet.

Situation at the start of the playoffs

Champions playoffs:

image.png.c3414eb2e3fd8aaa8aa01977029897dd.png

Points from the regular season have been cut in half.

Winner of the playoffs wins the league and qualifies for the Champions League group stage

2nd place qualifies for the 3th qualifying round of the Champions League 

3rd place qualifies for the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League

4th place will face the winner of the Europe playoffs and compete for a spot in the 2nd qualifying round of the Conference League

Europe playoffs

image.png.4c44dd3b2b30b6da63a651f8d32845d2.png

Points from the regular season have been cut in half.

Winner will face 4th placed team from the Champions playoffs and compete for a spot in the 2nd qualifying round of the Conference League

Relegation playoffs

image.png.fe17ceb355d1e9fa2b31d1b7162f485a.png

Points from the regular season have remained.

1st place avoids relegation and stays in the 1st division

2nd place will face the winner of the promotion playoffs (containing 3th, 4th,5th and 6th placed team from the 2nd division) and compete for a spot in the 1st division

3th and 4th place will drop down to the 2nd division 

• Thanks 2

Results and standings after the first round of the Championship Playoffs

Anderlecht 1-0 Antwerp
Genk 1-0 USG
Cercle Brugge 1-1 Club Brugge

image.thumb.png.c5fb9b4161638f395cd5574de6cefd0d.png

Fixtures for round 2

Antwerp - Genk
USG - Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge - Anderlecht

Results and standings after the first round of the Europe playoffs

OH Leuven 2-3 KV Mechelen
Gent 5-1 Standard Liège
St. Truidense 2-0 Westerlo

image.thumb.png.664b61e9da7a001a42f4d9001c0c4af5.png

Fixtures for round 2

KV Mechelen - St. Truidense
Standard Liège - OH Leuven
Westerlo - Gent

The Relegation playoffs start this weekend

image.thumb.png.98d7a6b425d838f29ff1a68ce7e6f3d0.png

Fixtures for round 1

Charleroi - RWD Molenbeek
Eupen - Kortrijk
  • Like 1

Results and standings after the second round of the Championship Playoffs

Antwerp 0-1 Genk
USG 2-3 Cercle Brugge
Club Brugge 3-1 Anderlecht

image.thumb.png.9f9a70d3d9c62fa970d6d01a022ba029.png

Fixtures for round 3

Anderlecht - USG
Club Brugge - Antwerp
Genk - Cercle Brugge

Results and standings after the second round of the Europe playoffs

KV Mechelen 2-3 St. Truidense
Standard Liège 0-0 OH Leuven
Westerlo 0-3 Gent

image.thumb.png.dfe85beb00963b05e1d8d17aba382465.png

Fixtures for round 3

OH Leuven - Gent
St. Truidense - Standard Liège
KV Mechelen - Westerlo

Results and standings after the first round of the Relegation playoffs

Charleroi 0-0 RWD Molenbeek
Eupen 1-1 Kortrijk

image.thumb.png.7af7b147bc446b167b0f27fe3feb62f4.png

Fixtures for round 2

RWD Molenbeek - Eupen
Kortrijk - Charleroi
Edited by Bonanza

• 12:41, 8 APR 2024
  • UPDATED13:25, 8 APR 2024

OH Leuven aiming for Europe after avoiding relegation

The bizarre set-up of the Belgian Pro League means that City’s sister club OH Leuven are now gunning for a Europa Conference League spot after narrowly avoiding relegation. A couple of weeks ago, the final match of the regular season was played, with Nachon Nsingi scoring a last-minute winner for Leuven to beat Mechelen 1-0 and move the club out of the bottom four on goal difference.

That means that instead of competing in the relegation play-offs, they are in the six-team play-offs for the Europa Conference League. However, it’s a tough ask. After starting with a draw and a defeat, they are now 14 points behind Gent with eight games to make up the ground. Even if they were to do so, they’d then have a one-off match with the fourth-placed side from the title play-offs to determine who gets to play in Europe.

According to manager Oscar Garcia, formerly of Brighton and Watford, King Power’s aim with the club is to eventually make the top six and compete for the title. But whether Garcia will be there to do that, it’s unclear. He’s been telling City director of football Jon Rudkin he wants to return to England.

In a recent interview with L’Equipe, Garcia said: “I'm happy because I can do what I love the most: coaching. Even more so with a powerful company in this project, King Power.

“They wanted to bring more professionalism to the club, change how it operates and above all keep the team in the top division. We have succeeded. Leuven wants to aim higher: the Belgian top six.

“King Power's appeal was momentous. I speak with the sporting director (Rudkin) every week. He knows that my dream is to return to England one day.”

2 minutes ago, davieG said:
  • 12:41, 8 APR 2024
  • UPDATED13:25, 8 APR 2024

OH Leuven aiming for Europe after avoiding relegation

The bizarre set-up of the Belgian Pro League means that City’s sister club OH Leuven are now gunning for a Europa Conference League spot after narrowly avoiding relegation. A couple of weeks ago, the final match of the regular season was played, with Nachon Nsingi scoring a last-minute winner for Leuven to beat Mechelen 1-0 and move the club out of the bottom four on goal difference.

That means that instead of competing in the relegation play-offs, they are in the six-team play-offs for the Europa Conference League. However, it’s a tough ask. After starting with a draw and a defeat, they are now 14 points behind Gent with eight games to make up the ground. Even if they were to do so, they’d then have a one-off match with the fourth-placed side from the title play-offs to determine who gets to play in Europe.

According to manager Oscar Garcia, formerly of Brighton and Watford, King Power’s aim with the club is to eventually make the top six and compete for the title. But whether Garcia will be there to do that, it’s unclear. He’s been telling City director of football Jon Rudkin he wants to return to England.

In a recent interview with L’Equipe, Garcia said: “I'm happy because I can do what I love the most: coaching. Even more so with a powerful company in this project, King Power.

“They wanted to bring more professionalism to the club, change how it operates and above all keep the team in the top division. We have succeeded. Leuven wants to aim higher: the Belgian top six.

“King Power's appeal was momentous. I speak with the sporting director (Rudkin) every week. He knows that my dream is to return to England one day.”

I wonder who our next manager will be if/when Enzo leaves...

• Like 1

On 08/04/2024 at 10:01, moore_94 said:

I wonder who our next manager will be if/when Enzo leaves...

Should be the guy who replaced him at Reims. Instead Rudkin will get this bloke because he’s part of the king power/group of agents merry go round and has zero creativity 

Results and standings after the third round of the Champions Playoffs

Anderlecht 2-1 USG
Club Brugge 3-0 Antwerp
Genk 1-1 Cercle Brugge

image.thumb.png.d842d1d2436a3ffde19f93d1f8107596.png

Fixtures for the 4th round

Genk - Anderlecht
Cercle Brugge - Antwerp
USG - Club Brugge

Results and standings after the third round of the Europe Playoffs

OH Leuven 2-1 Gent
St. Truidense 3-3 Standard Liège