Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

39 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Anyone manage to offload Daka, Smithies, Ward in first window? 

You can loan Daka out with a future fee to an Austrian team usually if you want to. Smithies and Ward are both absolute pains in the arse.

3 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

The 82% wage rise is highly irritating and where on earth have they got Cannon’s wage from. Suspect he is on 15-25K a week. 

I’ve renewed Wanya, Nelson and praet early doors. 

Stuff like this is why I never usually get too invested in a save with Leicester during the beta

I will do a bit of save with them to have a look at the players etc. but usually wait until the full game and editor are out to sort any data problems like positions and wages etc.

18 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Anyone manage to offload Daka, Smithies, Ward in first window? 

Managed to loan Daka to Italy but could not shift Ward. The only keeper i could get an offer for was Iversen but wanted to keep him as back up. Will wait until the main release before going beyond the first season with Leicester 

On 27/10/2023 at 09:52, Lako42 said:

Neither of those would meet the minimum specs to play any recent version of FM to be honest and I'm not sure I'd really want to play one at only "minimum." RAM helps, sure, but so does a fairly functional processor and you'll need a better graphics card than the second albeit you don't exactly need something current.

The first one is a bit of a laugh even calling itself a gaming laptop, it's got no graphics card. It kinda just looks like someone's put a veneer "gaming" decal on a bog standard Lenovo Think Pad.

How far can you stretch your budget?

Haven't played FM properly for a few years but seriously tempted to get FM24.

Not got a laptop good enough mind, but have got a budget of around £1000. I guess I wouldn't need all that just to run FM24 though.

I've read that FM25 might be a significant jump in terms of system requirements so would like to future proof it. Will have a look around, pretty tough to make a decision! 

21 hours ago, Frost said:

Haven't played FM properly for a few years but seriously tempted to get FM24.

Not got a laptop good enough mind, but have got a budget of around £1000. I guess I wouldn't need all that just to run FM24 though.

I've read that FM25 might be a significant jump in terms of system requirements so would like to future proof it. Will have a look around, pretty tough to make a decision! 

I'd be surprised if it's too much of a leap GPU wise. It will be to get good graphics but they'll know that a massive portion of their player base plays on laptops or old machines so won't want to alienate people too much.

42 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What's the budget like for Leicester when you get promoted? Should be pretty big given the money left over from this year.

35 mill and a massive overspend on wages due to the promotion wage increase clauses 

image.png.13b139a8f0b5f38230fcfd85fc3b6b01.png

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, turlo said:

35 mill and a massive overspend on wages due to the promotion wage increase clauses 

image.png.13b139a8f0b5f38230fcfd85fc3b6b01.png

So quite a modest transfer budget really (though the squad is already strong). I'm guessing that wage budget will be sorted when they fix the stupid clauses

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

So quite a modest transfer budget really (though the squad is already strong). I'm guessing that wage budget will be sorted when they fix the stupid clauses

Forgot to add I had already agreed to sign Yunus on a perm deal, with the transfer going through on the 1st of July - not sure if that reduced the new budget by 7.5 mill if it came out of the previous seasons budget. Still Not a massive transfer kitty but may change with the final release next week.

12 hours ago, AjcW said:

Going to come back to this in 14 games time lol 

I ended up getting promoted on 110pts. 

Also lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup final. 

Made ALL the loan signings permanent on structured deals as well as adding the Fantastic Bernabe from Parma for 8m.

Managed to renew a fair few contracts while halfway through the Championship season to avoid the majority getting the 82% rise. Kelechi and Wilf renewed in May 24.

Got Akgun for 7.5m

Fatawu 8m

Doyle 29.5m

Butch 44m 

Currently 6th in EPL after 11 games playing the Enzo way.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I ended up getting promoted on 110pts. 

Also lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup final. 

Made ALL the loan signings permanent on structured deals as well as adding the Fantastic Bernabe from Parma for 8m.

Managed to renew a fair few contracts while halfway through the Championship season to avoid the majority getting the 82% rise. Kelechi and Wilf renewed in May 24.

Got Akgun for 7.5m

Fatawu 8m

Doyle 29.5m

Butch 44m 

Currently 6th in EPL after 11 games playing the Enzo way.  

Further: 22 games gone first season back in the EPL and I’m 2nd with 46pts.

Surprisingly my weak link is Mads though, isn’t developing as fast as I hoped. 

Summer targets will be Lacroix, Restes and Ferguson. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Further: 22 games gone first season back in the EPL and I’m 2nd with 46pts.

Surprisingly my weak link is Mads though, isn’t developing as fast as I hoped. 

Summer targets will be Lacroix, Restes and Ferguson. 

Seen a few people right up there in the first season or 2 with unexpected clubs. Was hoping it might be a bit harder rather than easier. Not to belittle your achievements though!

Think Iversen actually has better potential atm. Not sure how much they will update ability and potential on proper launch next week

12 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Seen a few people right up there in the first season or 2 with unexpected clubs. Was hoping it might be a bit harder rather than easier. Not to belittle your achievements though!

Think Iversen actually has better potential atm. Not sure how much they will update ability and potential on proper launch next week

I sold Iverson to København for 1m. They also took Vestergaard for 750k😂