Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

On 13/11/2023 at 11:24, Finnegan said:

The former tends to swing a little from version to version as SI strive to find the right balance for how effective Long Shots should be. Although a certain amount of it will be about your tactics and the way you set your team up. 

The latter is definitely going to be your tactics. 

Look at us last year. You've basically just described Leicester under Rodgers. 

Have you gone for a possession based style? 

Not convinced it is all down to tactics although it seems that there's no ability to play through balls/pass in behind if you have shorted passing (pass into space use to do this nicely).

I'll share a screenshot later of Marcos Leonardo who I've got up top, because it's a very good version of him yet he hasn't scored in 10 league games this season and only 11 in 33 last year when we had the highest xg in the leagu (he's the kind of guy who's score 30+ in last year's game). He in fact had something like 19 for xg in the league so that's ridiculous to underperform like that. He seems to score disallowed offside goals a lot and the amount of blocks from 2 yards is stupid on this years game. Match engine generally much improved and more immersive, but because of that, it's making the oddities stand out more.

On 13/11/2023 at 11:24, Finnegan said:

The former tends to swing a little from version to version as SI strive to find the right balance for how effective Long Shots should be. Although a certain amount of it will be about your tactics and the way you set your team up. 

The latter is definitely going to be your tactics. 

Look at us last year. You've basically just described Leicester under Rodgers. 

Have you gone for a possession based style? 

No, a target man type of striker (I alternate him between pressing forward and advanced forward), we're the better side in most of our games, my style is borderline gegenpress to be honest.

The midfielders goals did dry up but he was running stupidly hot at one point - he was actually averaging 8 shots a game, which is mental to me, but that did level out somewhat.

I'm Vitoria de Setubal, 4th tier of Portugal, and I have managed to botch promotion in the first season. I am going to be utterly shameless here and blame the bottlejob players. We dominated pretty much every game, biggest xG underperformers at both ends of the pitch and a team full of big match loathers - the latter is particularly a problem at this level where there is no automatic promotion. You're in a league of 14 teams alongside another three leagues at this level, the top two of each go into the play-offs, then four of the eight teams are promoted via two groups. We came 3rd in our group on head to head. Total chokers.

Overhauled my side for the second season, I'll be very surprised if I can't go up this time around.

Anyone looking for a new job?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67415992

Players of football management games have often thought they could do a better job than the professionals in the real-life positions.

Now they have a chance to prove it.

National League promotion-chasers Bromley are advertising a full-time job as a support performance tactician - but forget updating your CV and flexing your analytics degree, to land this role you need to simply win a league title on the latest Football Manager game.

The successful applicant will be whisked away from their mouse and out of the house from January to May to shadow and learn from the coaching team five days a week, headed by manager Andy Woodman, who spent years coaching in the Premier League under Arsene Wenger and Alan Pardew, among others.

"It's a great opportunity for someone to go from the gaming chair and then sit beside us day in, day out and on a matchday and hopefully add value to us," Woodman told BBC Radio London.

"It's the age where everyone thinks they can do a better job, and that's why we love football, we all think we've got our input and our ideas. 

"I can assure everyone that this isn't a gimmick. When I got offered this proposal I wanted to make sure it was on my terms where we have someone that really is part of our team and really is in the trenches with us.

"We're going to get it down to a number of applicants and then interview them and get the best one that we feel will fit into our football club and work closely with myself and my staff.

"Once they're in I'm going to make sure they're treated like every other member of my staff and they have a voice in our meetings and we'll take on board their input. I'm looking forward to it."

Miles Jacobson, studio director of the game's makers Sports Interactive, said: "Football fans are full of opinions on how their team can do better on the pitch - now we can finally find out if their theories are right."

The role will include contributing to first-team training, producing opposition analysis and supporting the backroom staff in team selection, tactics and scouting.

Applicants also need to upload a one-minute video explaining why they deserve the role, while a documentary will follow the process next year.

Admittedly I've only done the 1 save, but I'm finding that the Saudi league is making the game alot easier. They'll buy basically anyone for double the price you'd normally sell for.

Got promoted 1st season with Leicester, didn't buy anyone just recalled a few loans to help find a balanced squad.

After getting promoted, sold Winks to a Saudi club for £47m and he signs a one(!?) year deal on £775k/week. Mads followed for £28m and signed Dennis Seimen for £12.5m, Valentin Barco in for £8m. Basically funded a comfortable top half finish.

Spurs have bid a ridiculous £77m package for KDH, left it there to decide on whether to sell.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Admittedly I've only done the 1 save, but I'm finding that the Saudi league is making the game alot easier. They'll buy basically anyone for double the price you'd normally sell for.

Got promoted 1st season with Leicester, didn't buy anyone just recalled a few loans to help find a balanced squad.

After getting promoted, sold Winks to a Saudi club for £47m and he signs a one(!?) year deal on £775k/week. Mads followed for £28m and signed Dennis Seimen for £12.5m, Valentin Barco in for £8m. Basically funded a comfortable top half finish.

Spurs have bid a ridiculous £77m package for KDH, left it there to decide on whether to sell.

You can’t sell KDH!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

It's always been like that though. I mean I had Wolves sign Winks for £35m when they were in the championship and he had barely played which is so stupid. Got Jonathan David on a free but sold him to Brighton for £60m 6 months later when they were in the Championship :blink:.

Transfers have been broken for ages and they need a Rethink as it makes the game so easy. I think guys who have a great season, it's fair if a big time pays way too much for them but otherwise it's silly. You get Man City signing a player for £80m and then they play 3 games that season which is so unrealistic. And then the flip side is that the big clubs demand ridiculous fees for their youngsters they don't play. On my current save, Harvey Elliott has played tops 25 games in the past 3 seasons and yet Liverpool still want £95m for him. Makes no sense.

As for KDH, you can't sell! Finding home-grown players harder than ever to get, let alone at club. He's the back up now (Zaire-Emery, João Neves and Ben-Seghir in those positions so thats why) but he's still really solid and develops nicely.

44 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

It's always been like that though. I mean I had Wolves sign Winks for £35m when they were in the championship and he had barely played which is so stupid. Got Jonathan David on a free but sold him to Brighton for £60m 6 months later when they were in the Championship :blink:.

Transfers have been broken for ages and they need a Rethink as it makes the game so easy. I think guys who have a great season, it's fair if a big time pays way too much for them but otherwise it's silly. You get Man City signing a player for £80m and then they play 3 games that season which is so unrealistic. And then the flip side is that the big clubs demand ridiculous fees for their youngsters they don't play. On my current save, Harvey Elliott has played tops 25 games in the past 3 seasons and yet Liverpool still want £95m for him. Makes no sense.

As for KDH, you can't sell! Finding home-grown players harder than ever to get, let alone at club. He's the back up now (Zaire-Emery, João Neves and Ben-Seghir in those positions so thats why) but he's still really solid and develops nicely.

I'm finding the exact opposite...

I'm on my fourth season and in my first team squad just now I have Nelson, Wormleighton, Thomas, Braybrooke, KDH, Alves, Mcateer and Pennant. Thats just from our own academy. On top of that I have Branthwaite and Mason Greenwood (I know, I know) I also have a bunch of exciting academy prospects out on loan. 

37 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm finding the exact opposite...

I'm on my fourth season and in my first team squad just now I have Nelson, Wormleighton, Thomas, Braybrooke, KDH, Alves, Mcateer and Pennant. Thats just from our own academy. On top of that I have Branthwaite and Mason Greenwood (I know, I know) I also have a bunch of exciting academy prospects out on loan. 

Oh, I meant real top quality ones. If you get lucky they can all become good PL players but Braybrooke is the only one who can really become world class. Obviously matters a lot less on Touch or mobile where the game is easier so you can just stick to your favourites and tear it up

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Oh, I meant real top quality ones. If you get lucky they can all become good PL players but Braybrooke is the only one who can really become world class. Obviously matters a lot less on Touch or mobile where the game is easier so you can just stick to your favourites and tear it up

Alves is really tearing it in my game just now. Probably the only starting player of all those academy players mentioned but the rest are being kept out the squad by top quality players. 

I would agree with FM mobile being a little on the easy side though... 

Screenshot_20231119_131230_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20231119_131256_FM24 Mobile.jpg

4 hours ago, Sly said:

You can’t sell KDH!! 

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I read your comments but sold him anyway lol he was asking for £180k/week so I couldn't warrant that expense. Will give me a chance to improve on a defence that still consists of Justin, Faes, Coady and Thomas (or Barco)

Arthur Vermeeren has come in as replacement for KDH, having picked up Koopmeiners on a free too. Since I play 4231 with 2 CDM, they're a better fit anyway.

Having similar trouble to others, in that I can get my strikers involved in games at all. Ended up switching to a False 9 and getting Maurits Kjaergaard to play there, who now has 8 in 8.

21 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

I read your comments but sold him anyway lol he was asking for £180k/week so I couldn't warrant that expense. Will give me a chance to improve on a defence that still consists of Justin, Faes, Coady and Thomas (or Barco)

Arthur Vermeeren has come in as replacement for KDH, having picked up Koopmeiners on a free too. Since I play 4231 with 2 CDM, they're a better fit anyway.

Having similar trouble to others, in that I can get my strikers involved in games at all. Ended up switching to a False 9 and getting Maurits Kjaergaard to play there, who now has 8 in 8.

Vermeeren is very good. 

Screenshot_20231119_152205_FM24Mobile.thumb.jpg.ec1af4a23767a7947429597d2527fd3c.jpg

On 18/11/2023 at 09:23, Sly said:

5th season with Manchester United on the mobile app. Managed to go unbeaten, winning community shield, league cup, FA Cup, Championship League and Premier League. Then resigned. 😂 

Can you recommend a decent formation? I always seem to be scraping by in matches and have more 1-0 wins than I care to imagine on the mobile version 

Edited by MPH

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

Can you recommend a decent formation? I always seem to be scraping by in matches and have more 1-0 wins than I care to imagine on the mobile version 

This is what I’m using 

IMG_0496.png

Won the league in our first season with Palermo, but I get the feeling next season will be a bit of a struggle

Just £250k transfer budget and £30k extra wage budget for the summer, got a few players I will sell but they aren't worth that much

image.png.3ebd7172e8e86695fe1def98fd2e8b11.png

Our club and also the league player of the season was actually an 18 year old that I got on loan from a club in Romania

5 goals and 13 assists in 28 league appearances - already paid £2.2m to make it permanent

image.thumb.png.f0594477b09617f19c38e577061ba6c9.png