Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

I've been getting a decent return from rotating Yunus, Fatawu and Kasey but Yunus has impressed the most once given a decent run of games. I'd like to sign Fatawu on a perm but not sure about the 14.5 mill fee. 

image.thumb.png.ed611d10957f9e0fcd918c900c504f09.png

You can negotiate it. You could prob get him for about £10m if you put the sell on % up pretty high. 

13 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You can negotiate it. You could prob get him for about £10m if you put the sell on % up pretty high. 

I tried but they wouldn't budge on the fee - maybe i left it too late I'm in March  now. I managed to get Yunus for 4 mill so save a few mill there. 

So... I'm 38 games in. Lost 1, drew 10 and won the rest. Only conceeded 12 goals all season in the league. Have a 13 point gap at the top. Out the Carabao early and I'm in the semis of the FA but have Man City so will exit that. 

I tried to replicate Enzoball and it worked up until Dec then I started drawing a fair few so altered player roles and system to be more attacking whilst keeping the same shape. Seems to have done the trick. 

I got rid of a few players early on. Smithies, Praet, Souttar, Albrighton, Iverson and sold Vestergaard, Daka, Ward, in January. 

I recalled VK and Thomas early on, and Nelson (who I sent on loan) and Soumare in Jan. 

Not signed anyone other than making Yunus and Fatawu (who compete for RW with Mcateer being converted to LW) permanent.

21 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Are you playing the full version? How did you get rid of Ward?!

I've made a few signings for the potential. On something like 56 points at the halfway stage so not bad but finding it very frustrating. I know the high scoring has been raised on their forum but wondering if anyone is having issues with creating chances? Still scoring a decent amount (KDH has 11) but the shots per game is really low considering we're doing well. Normally only about 11/12 a game if I'm lucky and playing a reasonably attacking formation/setup.

Probs sack off the inverted full back and wing back and just go for normal wingbacks I think.

Playing on mobile

Get hammered 3-1 at Tel Aviv "You gave it your best effort lads"

Squad want to talk to me over confusing teamtalks

Disgustingly pitiful 0-1 defeat at home to someone we should be beating. *Rant while throwing water bottles in all directions and every player*

Squad want to talk to me over harsh teamtalks

By this point I don't care anymore. Just lost 1-0 away at some no mark while having no shots at all, no subs made. "I'm very pleased with your performance" 

Squad react ecstatically 🤷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

Get hammered 3-1 at Tel Aviv "You gave it your best effort lads"

Squad want to talk to me over confusing teamtalks

Disgustingly pitiful 0-1 defeat at home to someone we should be beating. *Rant while throwing water bottles in all directions and every player*

Squad want to talk to me over harsh teamtalks

By this point I don't care anymore. Just lost 1-0 away at some no mark while having no shots at all, no subs made. "I'm very pleased with your performance" 

Squad react ecstatically 🤷

I had a similar issue with the team talks. 

Went in at HT 0-1 down, gave them a kick up the backside, met with a positive response. We won the game 4-1 so I gave a good team talk. All were happy except JJ & Souttar who were fuming and came into the office to complain about my 'harsh team talks' :dunno:

Shopping list for the Summer 2024 window after winning the championship. Going to stick with most of the starting 11 from last season so will mainly be signing squad players to develop or where back up options are needed:

Players to move on:

Ward

Doyle - won't sign on a perm

Fatawa currently won't sign on a perm as was not happy with his game time despite him  starting mot games January onwards!

Praet - leaving on a free

Soumare - dont like him. 

Souttar -  too many right sides CBs

One of Thomas or Kristiansen

Vardy likely to retire :( 

Areas to strengthen::

Starting left sided CB (top priority) - Vesty did quite well so will keep him as rotation option unless decent offer comes in. 

Inverted RWB back up for Ricardo

Inverted LFB back up for JJ - use Kristiansen or Thomas back from loan to rotate with JJ

RW to rotate with Yunus if Fatawa won't sign (he was slightly unhappy with game time so rejected our contract offer)

New Striker if Vardy Retires - possibly use Daka who did quite well on loan last season

CM no 8 - signed Casadei on a perm

CM no 6 - back up for winks - possibly use Braybrooke although maybe better to loan him out for a season. 

Edited by turlo
typo

15 hours ago, turlo said:

Shopping list for the Summer 2024 window after winning the championship. Going to stick with most of the starting 11 from last season so will mainly be signing squad players to develop or where back up options are needed:

Players to move on:

Ward

Doyle - won't sign on a perm

Fatawa currently won't sign on a perm as was not happy with his game time despite him  starting mot games January onwards!

Praet - leaving on a free

Soumare - dont like him. 

Souttar -  too many right sides CBs

One of Thomas or Kristiansen

Vardy likely to retire :( 

Areas to strengthen::

Starting left sided CB (top priority) - Vesty did quite well so will keep him as rotation option unless decent offer comes in. 

Inverted RWB back up for Ricardo

Inverted LFB back up for JJ - use Kristiansen or Thomas back from loan to rotate with JJ

RW to rotate with Yunus if Fatawa won't sign (he was slightly unhappy with game time so rejected our contract offer)

New Striker if Vardy Retires - possibly use Daka who did quite well on loan last season

CM no 8 - signed Casadei on a perm

CM no 6 - back up for winks - possibly use Braybrooke although maybe better to loan him out for a season. 

I admire the conservatism/realism! I tried to be disciplined but most of my starting XI has changed and moved to wingbacks away from the inverted roles

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

I admire the conservatism/realism! I tried to be disciplined but most of my starting XI has changed and moved to wingbacks away from the inverted roles

It won't last long as i'll probably get bored and start up again signing the same old wonderkids!

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

Oh, I whole heartedly agree but c'mon... 15 goals, 9 assists in 25 games.... 

Would be quite cool actually if it was factored into the game when you sign players like that where the fanbase turn against you/the club and lose sponsors etc. Either sack him off or ride it out lol

Just finished my second season, first back in the PL and finished 7th. 

Good start. Got to Nov and only lost 3 league games, won the rest. Nov/Dec was a disaster. Won two games and lost most of the others bar a couple of draws. 

I kept the shape and messed around with the player instuctions/roles and went on an insane run, 2 losses and 14 wins. A bit of a wobble at the end with 4 draws in a row but overall, a great season. 

Building a very good, young side with only 1 (Bobb) of my 7 signings being a Flop. 

From one Umm to another, left Hapoel Umm El Fahm after two seasons and joined Umraniyespor in the 2nd tier of Turkey. Missed out on UECL qualifiers by 1pt in the Fahm's first season in the top flight. Left at the end of my contract and was rejected from a host of clubs including Rizespor (who would have been ideal), Sigma Olomouc, and a couple more Czech/Turkish clubs. Original aim was to start low in Israel, low/mid table in Czechia then onto a Levski/CSKA level Bulgarian side, back to Israel with a top club and compete in Europe before trying to conquer Europe with one of the Turkish top 3.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:37, Lcfc82 said:

The player reactions seem a bit OTT on the game this year.

I've noticed this quite a bit, almost like one of the developers has said "let's stir some s**t up this season!"

I started the game unemployed and then took the Las Palmas job in Spain, at the beginning of the season I said that I wanted us to be competitive in the Cup, not win it or make the final just be competitive, and they all kicked off and said I was expecting too much, morale all down and now my 3 best players don't want to renew contracts, save has gone out the window.

On 08/11/2023 at 21:05, Dan LCFC said:

Feel like there are too many long range goals. My CM is scoring absolutely tonnes and my striker can't get a kick.

The former tends to swing a little from version to version as SI strive to find the right balance for how effective Long Shots should be. Although a certain amount of it will be about your tactics and the way you set your team up. 

The latter is definitely going to be your tactics. 

Look at us last year. You've basically just described Leicester under Rodgers. 

Have you gone for a possession based style? 

Edited by Finnegan