Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

On 19/11/2023 at 10:08, wardyfox86 said:

Admittedly I've only done the 1 save, but I'm finding that the Saudi league is making the game alot easier. They'll buy basically anyone for double the price you'd normally sell for.

Got promoted 1st season with Leicester, didn't buy anyone just recalled a few loans to help find a balanced squad.

After getting promoted, sold Winks to a Saudi club for £47m and he signs a one(!?) year deal on £775k/week. Mads followed for £28m and signed Dennis Seimen for £12.5m, Valentin Barco in for £8m. Basically funded a comfortable top half finish.

Spurs have bid a ridiculous £77m package for KDH, left it there to decide on whether to sell.

lol bloody hell. I did notice a few of them going to Saudi Arabia myself. If the game hasn't fixed the AI's ability in the transfer window, something they did actually mention pre-release, it's going to make it an absolute doddle if you can generate money that easily.

Looking about the game it looks to me like plenty of PL level players are available at reasonable prices too on the continent.

16 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I just picked it up on discount, and have never played any prior game in the series. Any good resources/youtubers/etc? Or can I literally just play the game and pick it up as I go. Thanks!

You can just pick it up as you go, but there are plenty of people on YouTube who do tutorials. Lollujo is quite good on there.

I think this years FM is one of the easiest ever.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

I just picked it up on discount, and have never played any prior game in the series. Any good resources/youtubers/etc? Or can I literally just play the game and pick it up as I go. Thanks!

a couple of recent vids on training / youth player develeopment and a bit of a how to guide video as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

Once you've got in to it, definitely get yourself sorted out with logo and kit packs etc it makes the game so much better even if just aesthetically

12 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Anyone here signed up to FMFC? If so is it worth it? Pre ordered the PS5 version.

Aside from competitions, there won't really be much released in FMFC that hasn't been done better by the FM community.

It's free, so no loss to join. Just don't expect anything other than the odd blog post.

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Aside from competitions, there won't really be much released in FMFC that hasn't been done better by the FM community.

It's free, so no loss to join. Just don't expect anything other than the odd blog post.

Probably won't bother then if it's basically blog posts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started a new unemployed sunday league rep no badges save and ended up in the 3rd tier of Japan with FC Gifu

Joined in mid-season with them in mid-table, ended up finishing 4th just 5 points from promotion

Just finished the 2nd season and dominated the league quite easily

Decent amount of money around at these clubs even in the 3rd tier, any players I sold the fee went into wages and I just made sure that my few foreign players I could have were in key positions - goalkeeper, centre back, striker

Also seems like you just need to get the best well rounded players for this level to do well and only need players to have around 10/11 in keys stats at this level

Not sure how much different there is meant to be between the tiers but we were beating 2nd and 1st tier teams in the cups as we made it to the final in one and the quarter final in the other

Hopefully we get through the 2nd tier in one season and win it easily again, planning to just win everything I can in Japan and leave, managing to get my badges pretty quickly

image.png.66d7029399291b2f37192ac845959f1a.png

Won the league with Wolves after 18 months there (Joined them after 18 months initial save with Bristol City), then lost my head and took the Man Utd job.... didn't check their finances lol 

I've sold EVERYONE and currently have a squad of 18, 2 weeks before the start of the season, this is why I shouldn't play late at night lol 

Have spent the majority of my transfer budget bringing in Endrick and Clem who I had at Wolves... please send help.

Quite enjoying the console version, it runs really quickly which is nice. Decided to start at Wrexham, over half way through the season and just about top of League 2. Hit a bit of a random rough patch where we are struggling to score goals. I managed to bring on Onomah and Bellarabi on free transfers on deadline day in January lol 

Won the 2nd division of Japan at the first attempt with FC Gifu, wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be but still a comfortable points gap to 2nd

image.png.9965d5dbf0397fc8c3079c74735a8b28.png

Around 10 games before the end of the season I actually got offered and accepted the job for a team already in the 1st division of Japan called Cerezo Osaka

They finished the season in the bottom half but have some of the biggest transfer budgets and wage budgets and about 4th highest rep in Japan - triple that of what I was going to get with FC Gifu even after promotion - so had to take it

Been with them for about a month now and in the pre-season transfer window I have gone back to raid FC Gifu a few times for players and staff...

image.png.c15b8bcad309804fc8b7cfa845c57ab1.png

image.png.de53dd1c8926d8e73d6b6a64a70f0f20.png

On 12/01/2024 at 16:17, moore_94 said:

Signed Ward for Man City during the Beta and made him rot in the under 18s lol

Would switch him from absolutely zero training or pitch work for a month straight into double intensity strength training for a couple of weeks

Picked up a load of injuries

I wish this could be replicated in real life. 

On 08/01/2024 at 12:25, AjcW said:

Won the league with Wolves after 18 months there (Joined them after 18 months initial save with Bristol City), then lost my head and took the Man Utd job.... didn't check their finances lol 

I've sold EVERYONE and currently have a squad of 18, 2 weeks before the start of the season, this is why I shouldn't play late at night lol 

Have spent the majority of my transfer budget bringing in Endrick and Clem who I had at Wolves... please send help.

Turns out I wasn't completely bat shit getting rid of everyone. League pretty much wrapped up, Europa league final. Love that i've gone to two clubs, dismantled them, brought in young players and delivered immediate success. 

Heading towards breaking the Premier League scoring record (125), broke the Europa League scoring record. 

Just delighted really, been a strange save, 1.5 years at Bristol City, 1.5 years at Wolves and then on to Man Utd. 

Main concern is finances, transfer budget for next season is £15m and before the end of season income comes in they're currently £250m in the red lol.... basically a sell before buy club. 

I know the purests will say it's easy at this level but i'm having fun and that's my main reason for playing as it's my only down time. 

36 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Turns out I wasn't completely bat shit getting rid of everyone. League pretty much wrapped up, Europa league final. Love that i've gone to two clubs, dismantled them, brought in young players and delivered immediate success. 

Heading towards breaking the Premier League scoring record (125), broke the Europa League scoring record. 

Just delighted really, been a strange save, 1.5 years at Bristol City, 1.5 years at Wolves and then on to Man Utd. 

Main concern is finances, transfer budget for next season is £15m and before the end of season income comes in they're currently £250m in the red lol.... basically a sell before buy club. 

I know the purests will say it's easy at this level but i'm having fun and that's my main reason for playing as it's my only down time. 

It's always quite easy but this year it's ridiculously so (kind of putting me off a longer term save).

But who cares? You buy a game to have fun and a bit of escapism so I'd say it's doing its job for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

It's always quite easy but this year it's ridiculously so (kind of putting me off a longer term save).

But who cares? You buy a game to have fun and a bit of escapism so I'd say it's doing its job for you!

I was trying to work this out, I wonder if it's a little bit to do with the fact they've improved passing/movement so much, so if you put together a tactic that encompasses pressing and passing you've basically cracked it. 

Being able to win the league with Wolves 3 years in does feel a bit silly though lol 

*edit - Saudi money obviously makes a massive difference, funding clubs like Wolves to buy the likes of Endrick for example.

Edited by AjcW

Got AS Cannes promoted from the 4th tier of France, except I didn't. 

My interest to manage them spawned suddenly yesterday so I was disappointed to find today that, despite French National 2 being playable, it's not actually playable? And i'm not one to download these packs etc. So I tried a few things, including a theory that if I create a manager with AS Cannes as their favourite club, they are more likely to get promoted. They got relegated. So I zoomed through a season one game at a time, winning/drawing matches as required to get them promoted lol Went up as Champions with not a great deal of having to go back and forth, maybe 2 or 3 games I had to replay 4+ times but generally it was smoother than I expected. 

What I actually want though is now to watch them get relegated back to where they came from, as I've read that it's possible to manage in the French National 2 League if you get relegated to it. I let the season play out in full and they finished bloody 5th, well clear of the relegation zone. Will give that a few more goes but failing that I'll just start with them in the 3rd tier.