Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

On 30/10/2023 at 10:36, dmayne7 said:

So quite a modest transfer budget really (though the squad is already strong). I'm guessing that wage budget will be sorted when they fix the stupid clauses

Looks like will have to use the editor before I start my save with Leicester then :(

image.thumb.png.e89e9b7d88db80516e2991c3717911f9.png

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like will have to use the editor before I start my save with Leicester then :(

That's very odd. They told me they were looking into fixing it. It still seems far too high and in that case, they'll have to make sure that clubs get much bigger budgets to compensate. Seems strange that the contract would be written so you have a relegation wage drop and then a conditional wage rise if you're promoted again after being relegated. Guess my usual wheeling and dealing will be in full force this year then!

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

And yet not taking into account AT ALL the increase in revenue for the transfer/wage budget. Between 20 and 30m just like every ****ing year for a Champ promoted team.

Bunch of morons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

And yet not taking into account AT ALL the increase in revenue for the transfer/wage budget. Between 20 and 30m just like every ****ing year for a Champ promoted team.

Bunch of morons.

This is why I always wait until the full game and editor are out until I start my proper saves

Always something I have to fix with the editor first

• Like 1

I thought I'd enjoy a save with the inverted wing backs and playing Enzo ball but I didn't. As well as it works in real life, on this game it does now replicate it much more true to life but you don't get anything like the real life phases of play to make it effective.

I've started a new save in "your world" mode so I can shift players like Soumare and Thomas for cash and playing with proper wing back play because we have an abundance of quality wing backs. They're basically ineffective with the inverted option.

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

This is why I always wait until the full game and editor are out until I start my proper saves

Always something I have to fix with the editor first

Does the editor come free when you purchase the game or do I need to pay extra for it? I did suggest to the chap on the forum that they could use Leicester player wages from the start of FM 23 as guideline for what they should be should Leicester get promoted in FM 24. From just checking the highest earners Leicester players wages will be 15-20k higher than they were in FM23 when in the premier league and its obvious the developers have made a cock up with the calculations eg Ricardo was on 120k/week in FM 23 (after signing a new deal that summer) but his wages will go up to 135k/week should Leicester get promoted in FM24 on the same contract. 

Edited by turlo
typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, turlo said:

Does the editor come free when you purchase the game or do I need to pay extra for it? I did suggest to the chap on the forum that they could use Leicester player wages from the start of FM 23 as guideline for what they should be should Leicester get promoted in FM 24. From just checking the highest earners Leicester players wages will be 15-20k higher than they were in FM23 when in the premier league and its obvious the developers have made a cock up with the calculations eg Ricardo was on 120k/week in FM 23 (after signing a new deal that summer) but his wages will go up to 135k/week should Leicester get promoted in FM24 on the same contract. 

Yeah you get the pre-game editor for free as a tool on Steam with the full game

You make all your changes you want and then save it into the editor data folder which is in the same location on your computer as graphics, then tick it as active when you start a new save

• Like 1

Full game out later today. Looking forward to starting my Leicester save again and will use the editor to tweak the promotion wage increase % to bring players wages in line with what they were at the start of FM23 when they were on Premier League wages eg at the start of FM23 JJ was on 100k per week

Instead of the 82% increase that's currently programmed into beta, it should be a 55% increase to bring JJs wages back up to 100k

image.thumb.png.0f76dfef2f018064cc63f212243d8290.png

Edited by turlo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Full game out later today. Looking forward to starting my Leicester save again and will use the editor to tweak the promotion wage increase % to bring players wages in line with what they were at the start of FM23 when they were on Premier League wages eg at the start of FM23 JJ was on 100k per week

Instead of the 82% increase that's currently programmed into beta, it should be a 55% increase to bring JJs wages back up to 100k

image.thumb.png.0f76dfef2f018064cc63f212243d8290.png

Eagerly awaiting the mobile version launch today too. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I've bought this today, but it won't launch through steam.  I click the play button and nothing.

Tried closing Steam, restarting my PC, updated drives and still can't access it.  In the process of reinstalling the game, but anyone else had similar issues? 

Mine loaded fine after i installed the game

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I started my save last night but wondering if I've wasted a bit of time on it if a load of stuff will change on the main game today.

Doubt it. Think it's the same database so otherwise they'd just have fixed bugs and things like that.

Didn't have the early access so not sure if this has changed but seems guys like Vestergaard are easy to seel for decent money and some of the offers for Leicester players are pretty substantial. With my gaming hat I'd cash in on loads the players and reinvest but think I'll try and keep a similar team to real life. £20m for Faes is hard to ignore though!

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Doubt it. Think it's the same database so otherwise they'd just have fixed bugs and things like that.

Didn't have the early access so not sure if this has changed but seems guys like Vestergaard are easy to seel for decent money and some of the offers for Leicester players are pretty substantial. With my gaming hat I'd cash in on loads the players and reinvest but think I'll try and keep a similar team to real life. £20m for Faes is hard to ignore though!

Yeah I've just had a quick check and everything's still how I remember it. I meant in terms of Brazilian names etc...

Leicester players Potential Ability

Braybrooke - 140-170

Alves - 130-160

Wanya Marcal - 130-160

Grist - 120-150

Richards - 120-150

King - 120-150

Pennant - 120-150

Popov - 120-150

Wormleighton - 120-150

Stolarczyk - 120-150

Cannon - 120-150

Mcateer - 145

Ben Nelson - 140

Hermansen - 139

57 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester players Potential Ability

Braybrooke - 140-170

Alves - 130-160

Wanya Marcal - 130-160

Grist - 120-150

Richards - 120-150

King - 120-150

Pennant - 120-150

Popov - 120-150

Wormleighton - 120-150

Stolarczyk - 120-150

Cannon - 120-150

Mcateer - 145

Ben Nelson - 140

Hermansen - 139

Where's the spoiler warning?! :ph34r:

I don't actually care as I've already looked them up. My one bit of 'cheating' will be this Leicester save and starting with Braybrooke as close to full potential. Casadei can have up to 180 PA :o.

Understandly the CA's were downed but some of the players are just stupid how much they nerfed them. Probs on par with Leeds in terms of CA and for some reason all their players out on loan are better than any Leicester player. I also saw that bloody Jamal Lewis is better than James Justin FFS lol

• Like 1