Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

14 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Where's the spoiler warning?! :ph34r:

I don't actually care as I've already looked them up. My one bit of 'cheating' will be this Leicester save and starting with Braybrooke as close to full potential. Casadei can have up to 180 PA :o.

Understandly the CA's were downed but some of the players are just stupid how much they nerfed them. Probs on par with Leeds in terms of CA and for some reason all their players out on loan are better than any Leicester player. I also saw that bloody Jamal Lewis is better than James Justin FFS lol

Finally just finished sorting out the wage increases, also changed Fatawu and Akgun loans as it only had them down as options to buy

Hermansen's first touch is 6 and his technique is 7.

That would be shocking for even the most limited Championship keeper but for someone who's built his whole game around being good with his feet, it's an insult. 

Someone at SI is a Copenhagen fan

3 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Hermansen's first touch is 6 and his technique is 7.

That would be shocking for even the most limited Championship keeper but for someone who's built his whole game around being good with his feet, it's an insult. 

Someone at SI is a Copenhagen fan

From when I was using the editor yesterday I believe his first touch and technique are randomly generated and not set unlike his passing

One of the things I did when making my changes in the editor is set his first touch and technique to 12 which seems fair to me

Can someone tempt me to buy this?! I need convincing! I've watched some of the feature videos on YouTube but is it much different to last year?

I bought last years and really struggled to get into a save after my Sunderland one which was about 5 seasons worth.

Also, have they made the press conference answers any more varied? So frustrating the limited answers currently!

Thanks in advance guys :)

6 minutes ago, Newbold Blue said:

Can someone tempt me to buy this?! I need convincing! I've watched some of the feature videos on YouTube but is it much different to last year?

I bought last years and really struggled to get into a save after my Sunderland one which was about 5 seasons worth.

Also, have they made the press conference answers any more varied? So frustrating the limited answers currently!

For me the big thing about the new one is that it runs so much quicker

On last years game and before I used to be able to have a quick flick through Twitter whilst moving between days but now it flies through

Press conferences are basically the same

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newbold Blue said:

Try the mobile version. 

Not as detailed so you can fire through quicker. Can play it anytime you have a spare 10/15 minutes no matter where you are and if you have Netflix, it's free...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Try the mobile version. 

Not as detailed so you can fire through quicker. Can play it anytime you have a spare 10/15 minutes no matter where you are and if you have Netflix, it's free...

This is what I'm considering doing in all fairness. 

31 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

This is what I'm considering doing in all fairness. 

I've played the mobile version for the last few years. Suits my lifestyle better as I can't always dedicate the time to PC version and I think it plays better being less detailed. 

I’ve started playing this on the App, via Netflix. Within one week of taking the Leicester job, Winks is out injured for 4 months with a hip injury. 

I’ve had to get Adrien Silva in on a bloody free to cover for him. 

Anyhow, Winks has just played his first game back in the reserves. Another 4 month hip injury :mad:

I’ve also got Mason Greenwood banging in the goals. I feel dirty but I need to get out of the Championship :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve started playing this on the App, via Netflix. Within one week of taking the Leicester job, Winks is out injured for 4 months with a hip injury. 

I’ve had to get Adrien Silva in on a bloody free to cover for him. 

Anyhow, Winks has just played his first game back in the reserves. Another 4 month hip injury :mad:

I’ve also got Mason Greenwood banging in the goals. I feel dirty but I need to get out of the Championship :ph34r:

I purposely didn't sign anyone. Made a few sales and brought VK and Thomas back into the fold. Approaching Xmas and I've drawn 5, won the rest. Considering bring Soumare back in Jan as he looks great and I'll need to get a left winger in because Mcateer just isn't learning that side. 

I pulled VK and Thomas back as well. 

I’m using Doyle as a centreback.

I’ve also got Pastore on a free, as he’s good for 30 mins and the odd goal. 

I’m 2nd in the Championship coming into January, but really need to upgrade on McAteer as well. 

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I had FOUR players from my development team suffer fractured jaws in training on the same day and I had to check that Dennis Wise wasn't in my coaching team. 

....and two more the next day! WTF??!!

58 minutes ago, Scotch said:

....and another one. 

Raise it as a bug on the SIgames forum.

Ive started with Leicester, decent start so far after 19 games - Top by 5 points. Challenge is keeping hold of players with bids in all over the shop for players. Need to cash in on Kelechi and Kasey (£27m bid for him) and make transfers in Jan window. Haven't made any other signings. Did manage to get rid of Danny Ward for £3.3m to Cardiff which was a highlight. 

Playing with an inverted full back, DM and two AP midfielders , and then two inside forwards. Vardy and Kel are smashing it up top. 

Did anyone have Willy Caballero retire early? 

20 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Ive started with Leicester, decent start so far after 19 games - Top by 5 points. Challenge is keeping hold of players with bids in all over the shop for players. Need to cash in on Kelechi and Kasey (£27m bid for him) and make transfers in Jan window. Haven't made any other signings. Did manage to get rid of Danny Ward for £3.3m to Cardiff which was a highlight. 

Playing with an inverted full back, DM and two AP midfielders , and then two inside forwards. Vardy and Kel are smashing it up top. 

Accept bids for the players when they come in but when it asks you to confirm, hit no. Seems to stop the players kicking off. 

21 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

Are you playing the full version? How did you get rid of Ward?!

I've made a few signings for the potential. On something like 56 points at the halfway stage so not bad but finding it very frustrating. I know the high scoring has been raised on their forum but wondering if anyone is having issues with creating chances? Still scoring a decent amount (KDH has 11) but the shots per game is really low considering we're doing well. Normally only about 11/12 a game if I'm lucky and playing a reasonably attacking formation/setup.

Probs sack off the inverted full back and wing back and just go for normal wingbacks I think.

Edited by dmayne7

26 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

...and yes. Caballero retired a couple of days in to the season

7 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Just curious if anyone else is hating this Netflix thing. Reason is, I don’t have a Netflix subscription and don’t want one. I use to pay £6.99 for the game on mobile for the year, now I have to pay £6.99 a month for a Netflix subscription. I’m not paying £80 a year for this game. Crazy! 

I was under the impression that it WILL come out normally, just after the Netflix exclusive release. 

13 hours ago, Hitesh said:

Willy went to manage Oxford in my save despite me finishing 4th in PL second season. 

Finally got it working after having launch issues on Steam. Really enjoying this edition. 

Sold Vesty, Choudhury & Praet for a combined £16m. Bought in Gnonto for £14m with a £35m release clause. 

Signed Hannibal & Etikike (he's been atrocious so far) on loan from Man Utd & PSG. 

Got Nacho, Wilf, Vardy & Albrighton to sign new contracts on lower or same wages to get rid of the 82% promotion wage rise and lower appearance fees to boot. 

Have then Loaned Nacho & Daka out to save on wages. Can't shift Ward or Smithies for the life of me. 

18 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Finally got it working after having launch issues on Steam. Really enjoying this edition. 

Sold Vesty, Choudhury & Praet for a combined £16m. Bought in Gnonto for £14m with a £35m release clause. 

Signed Hannibal & Etikike (he's been atrocious so far) on loan from Man Utd & PSG. 

Got Nacho, Wilf, Vardy & Albrighton to sign new contracts on lower or same wages to get rid of the 82% promotion wage rise and lower appearance fees to boot. 

Have then Loaned Nacho & Daka out to save on wages. Can't shift Ward or Smithies for the life of me. 

Gnonto is a whiny little b****. Board gave me loads of money in Jan so thought I'd get him as he was cheap and he's delivered to be fair. But in the space of 2 days he's complained he was subbed and then told me he can't settle in the area. Looks like he'll be off when we get to the Prem which is annoying.

Was chopping and changing the wingers a lot but Yunus has been an absolute monster now he's settled so got him coming in permanently for £4 mil. Should be good first year and then reasonable backup second year of PL before selling for a good profit.