Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2024

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I was trying to work this out, I wonder if it's a little bit to do with the fact they've improved passing/movement so much, so if you put together a tactic that encompasses pressing and passing you've basically cracked it. 

Being able to win the league with Wolves 3 years in does feel a bit silly though lol 

*edit - Saudi money obviously makes a massive difference, funding clubs like Wolves to buy the likes of Endrick for example.

I reckon you could be onto something there. Definitely should have some player bias but it's gone a bit too far this year. You know what you're doing though so if you planned it right, a title win in 3 years with Wolves isn't entirely out of what would have been last year (well done btw!) Watched some YouTuber who won the PL with Brighton in season 2 (I think) despite having sold plenty of his best players and he's just stayed up with Burton in the PL with some players that are barely rotation options in the championship. His tactics are very basic too (the key to success)

As for the Saudi money, I think people have blown that out of proportion. The issue is, and always has been, it's way too easy to make money. Big teams spend £70m on a player who had a good season for you and then he plays 5 games; it's just not realistic. Just saw a video now that had some great examples of it with Hull spending £16m on a decent championship player whilst still being in that league themselves, Rotherham £5m on a not great one and Brentford buying somebody who barely played in the PL last season for £45m... Whilst in the championship lol.

As I say, it needs to give you as the player a tiny boost and make it so it's easier than real life to sell players otherwise it would just be really frustrating for some and like I said before, it's a game designed for escapism. But it's just a bit much at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Is it possible to be successful on this game playing Pulisball? I'm required to play direct football as part of club ethos but as much as I'd love to, I'll stick with my tried and trusted 

Not sure how the game judges it but you can still play passing football even when set on to direct passing. If you're vaguely successful, they'll not judge you on it really.

I'm thinking of doing a new save and trying a direct philosophy or even a 5 at the back at sticking with it throughout my career. Too easy to revert to 433's

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

How Cannes this be possible on my debut lol Pre-season was dreadful, W1 D2 L3 against a mix of B teams and lower league sides. 

image.png.25d161dcc8c36ade589fbc52d3363bb8.png

image.png.c47340245669a3beb6271ede7dd5d7a6.png

What are your odds like for winning the league?

I really thought I was beyond constant budget complaints on this game but this is so ridiculous that I feel like it's a glitch and it's stuffed me over, and frankly, I can't be arsed with this save anymore because what's the point.

So I got Setubal from the 4th tier to the 1st. The brief summary is this;

2023/24 - 4th tier, didn't get promoted, blew the playoffs

2024/25 - 4th tier, got promoted, came runner up in the playoff final (this will make sense if you've done this league)

2025/26 - 3rd tier, won the league

2026/27 - 2nd tier, won the league

2027/28 - 1st tier, finished about 9th in the league

2028/29 - 1st tier, finished 4th, automatic place to the Europa League, finishing behind the big three of Portugal

Now even in Portugal obviously it isn't big money, albeit it feels like every other year one of the other small clubs gets bought out. Mafra came up and spent £10mil which is absurd. The point is, my board just give me absolute buttons and it's hit the point there's no point playing on.

In the second tier I bought a winger from Benfica called Pedro Santos. Raw but very technically good player, bought him for about £45k and he got me over the line to be honest. He really kicked on in the top tier and he went from a decent option to my best player. I'd sold £400k worth of players in the second tier and barely scratched together the money to buy him at the time but in January of the first season up, Blackburn buy him off me for £2.6mil rising to £6mil. Of this, I see about £200k in budget which I'm a bit annoyed at but I understand that often, when you're at a small and not particularly rich club, that the first sale of significance is usually used to get you on a sound footing as a club and from then on you should probably see a good % of any revenue. So while even despite all of this I'd hoped for a bit more to spend (and given I did have to downgrade on him as a replacement) I did think we had some decent assets we could make similarish sorts of sales for going forward, so I grin and bare it.

In the second season one of my centre halves gets a quite bad injury in August and I bring in a loanee from Brazil called Ramon. Now he's of a similar level but he develops so well over the season that he becomes pretty much my best player, essentially finishing the career of the other CB I have. He for some bizarre reason has a £250k release clause in his contract and despite having £0 budget, I activate it and hope that I can convince the board to give it to me, as he's worth probably 20 times that and it would represent a massive bargain, as well as the fact we'd just received another £1mil instalment for the Santos deal. Nothing. Ramon a month later signs a new contact with Palmeiras, albeit with a release clause of £1.6mil which frankly I still think is a bargain so I'll try and activate that.

We qualify for the Europa League, our projected balance is now going up year on year. I have an Icelandic midfielder called Ellertson, a good player, but this season proved he wasn't all that key and his value was enormous. So I decide after receiving a pathetic £600k budget that I'm going to try and get an agent to shift him, as apparently we'd be able to get an offer of £15-20mil for him, which... I like him, I'd sooner not sell him but that's absolutely crazy money. I offer him through an agent and a Saudi side takes the bait, they pay £17.75mil up front and he agrees the move. We're now rolling in it. Our bank balance is £15mil.

This deal goes through at the same time I sign a replacement from Paraguay, an 18 year old wonderkid who will be better than him probably within a year for £850k up front, no clauses.

I somehow come out of this deal with a budget of £0, wage budget free of £0, a 0% of transfer revenue into my budget and basically no room at all to do things such as buy Ramon and 4/5 others to make us a really decent side. We came 4th, but we'd only been expected to finish 15th so we massively overachieved. How the hell can I possibly come out of this deal with nothing to spend? I can't request more budget as it won't even let me for some reason. It lets me request either a bigger budget for next season or a higher % of generated revenue. I ask for both. I'm rebuffed on the bigger budget for next season as apparently my £0 is sufficient (despite our bank balance of £15mil), they turn down the % of revenue request initially, I kick off and I'm basically happy to sack this off at this point so I protest it. They said no because I've apparently "not got a good track record with signings" (lol) and eventually, they up it to 15% of revenue, which is a disgrace given how big our bank balance is now, and redundant because I've already made my big sale.

So the save is binned. What is the point lol 

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I really thought I was beyond constant budget complaints on this game but this is so ridiculous that I feel like it's a glitch and it's stuffed me over, and frankly, I can't be arsed with this save anymore because what's the point.

2024/25 - 4th tier, got promoted, came runner up in the playoff final (this will make sense if you've done this league)

2028/29 - 1st tier, finished 4th, automatic place to the Europa League, finishing behind the big three of Portugal

Now even in Portugal obviously it isn't big money, albeit it feels like every other year one of the other small clubs gets bought out. Mafra came up and spent £10mil which is absurd. The point is, my board just give me absolute buttons and it's hit the point there's no point playing on.

In the second tier I bought a winger from Benfica called Pedro Santos. Raw but very technically good player, bought him for about £45k and he got me over the line to be honest. He really kicked on in the top tier and he went from a decent option to my best player. I'd sold £400k worth of players in the second tier and barely scratched together the money to buy him at the time but in January of the first season up, Blackburn buy him off me for £2.6mil rising to £6mil. Of this, I see about £200k in budget which I'm a bit annoyed at but I understand that often, when you're at a small and not particularly rich club, that the first sale of significance is usually used to get you on a sound footing as a club and from then on you should probably see a good % of any revenue. So while even despite all of this I'd hoped for a bit more to spend (and given I did have to downgrade on him as a replacement) I did think we had some decent assets we could make similarish sorts of sales for going forward, so I grin and bare it.

In the second season one of my centre halves gets a quite bad injury in August and I bring in a loanee from Brazil called Ramon. Now he's of a similar level but he develops so well over the season that he becomes pretty much my best player, essentially finishing the career of the other CB I have. He for some bizarre reason has a £250k release clause in his contract and despite having £0 budget, I activate it and hope that I can convince the board to give it to me, as he's worth probably 20 times that and it would represent a massive bargain, as well as the fact we'd just received another £1mil instalment for the Santos deal. Nothing. Ramon a month later signs a new contact with Palmeiras, albeit with a release clause of £1.6mil which frankly I still think is a bargain so I'll try and activate that.

We qualify for the Europa League, our projected balance is now going up year on year. I have an Icelandic midfielder called Ellertson, a good player, but this season proved he wasn't all that key and his value was enormous. So I decide after receiving a pathetic £600k budget that I'm going to try and get an agent to shift him, as apparently we'd be able to get an offer of £15-20mil for him, which... I like him, I'd sooner not sell him but that's absolutely crazy money. I offer him through an agent and a Saudi side takes the bait, they pay £17.75mil up front and he agrees the move. We're now rolling in it. Our bank balance is £15mil.

This deal goes through at the same time I sign a replacement from Paraguay, an 18 year old wonderkid who will be better than him probably within a year for £850k up front, no clauses.

I somehow come out of this deal with a budget of £0, wage budget free of £0, a 0% of transfer revenue into my budget and basically no room at all to do things such as buy Ramon and 4/5 others to make us a really decent side. We came 4th, but we'd only been expected to finish 15th so we massively overachieved. How the hell can I possibly come out of this deal with nothing to spend? I can't request more budget as it won't even let me for some reason. It lets me request either a bigger budget for next season or a higher % of generated revenue. I ask for both. I'm rebuffed on the bigger budget for next season as apparently my £0 is sufficient (despite our bank balance of £15mil), they turn down the % of revenue request initially, I kick off and I'm basically happy to sack this off at this point so I protest it. They said no because I've apparently "not got a good track record with signings" (lol) and eventually, they up it to 15% of revenue, which is a disgrace given how big our bank balance is now, and redundant because I've already made my big sale.

Keep the save but move clubs, **** them over

48 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Keep the save but move clubs, **** them over

Already resigned. It's such crap though - it's a game fault rather than the board one. It doesn't even seem to register the fact I've not had a proper budget. It's like whatever money I get it goes into a black hole.

Like it didn't just give me none of the money for Ellertson, it deducted what little I had left over as well. I've quite liked 24 but this is just a nonsense. Has this happened to anyone else?

Meanwhile back in England, I just saw Daniel Iversen has signed a contract extension with Leicester. Prompted me to check how he's doing and he's became our first choice GK, made 43 appearances for us in our one-off Championship season. Which prompted me to check what Hermansen has been up to and spotted he'd played 34 times for us in the same Championship season lol 

image.png.3f32c2017f70ab4d31e2fb4b1ffab358.png

Wheel of Names | Random name picker

This is the wheel spinner. I've decided as a slightly niche, slightly insane idea to let the wheel decide where I'm going to.

I've listed every country in Europe on there that I have never previously managed in to ensure I get a totally new league to do and one by one eliminated countries until I am left with my destination. I have repeated this process with both the league and then the club.

The country is Sweden.

The league is the Superettan, the second tier.

The club is IK Brage.

We move.

On 18/01/2024 at 11:19, Stinkenzo said:

How Cannes this be possible on my debut lol Pre-season was dreadful, W1 D2 L3 against a mix of B teams and lower league sides. 

image.png.25d161dcc8c36ade589fbc52d3363bb8.png

image.png.c47340245669a3beb6271ede7dd5d7a6.png

I weirdly had something a bit similar - first game up in the top tier with Setubal I beat Braga away 0-6. I was just watching in amazement as we went 1, 2, 3... 0-5 up by half time. It turned out they played basically a reserve side. I don't know if it's got anything in common with your game there but I had it happen to me on the opening day as well.

First season done with AS Cannes and finished 6th. The leg break to my best player lost me any consistency in the final third of the season, was always within a handful of points of the final play off spot but dropped off at the end finishing 12pts off 3rd. Convinced i've got the lowest budget in the league, certainly have the lowest sponsorship income.

Really enjoyed the tight budget though and have spent far too long scouring B teams from those above. When I joined the club we were spending 15k p/w on wages, reduced down to 13.5k during the season and now ready for the new season down to around 12.5k. Not overly relying on loans either, more so players that have been released by Monaco & Nice inparticular and taking a gamble on them. Still have too many 2.5* players in and around the side but there's potential. Binned off my affiliation with AC Ajaccio in L2 and got in Troyes instead, though the gap is too big for some of their players to want to join me. I'm gagging to sign a LW at his peak who has managed 20 goal involvements in the last two seasons at this level who is unattached with no interest bizarrely, but he is randomly super offended when I go to offer him a contract. I promoted a 17yo striker to the first team at the beginning of my time here who is arguably my #1 striker now. Managed to keep on top of my best players' contracts to make sure they're here for atleast another year, then most of the squad fillers have extended at fairly sizable wage cuts which is very handy.

Predicted 13th for the new season and the board still just want to avoid relegation, hopefully I will shrug off the tag of being underdogs (not sure if my assistant was crap or its just down to the club status that most games last year he suggested we go from a balanced to a cautious/defensive tactical outlook.

On 19/01/2024 at 10:50, Dan LCFC said:

Always found Portugal to be one of the more enjoyable places to do long term saves, lower league though there's already loads of sides with sugar daddy owners.

On 16/01/2024 at 14:01, SemperEadem said:

Where do I go these days for the logo packs?

I use sortitousi like Moore for most things, but use FM Slovakia for kits. FM scout also do a trophy pack which I only downloaded a couple of editions ago after years of playing but it's another nice touch aesthetically. 

• Thanks 1

I've just finished season 2 with Cannes. Went from 6th to 11th, 2pts worse off than last season but further away from the relegation zone points wise, very odd season. 10pts from first 11 games then had promotion form from there. 

I've found out though we have a Vanarama budget. I spotted a mid table side in our league have 80k wage budget, ours went from 14k to 11.7k at the end of the season, I'm not being rewarded at all for my money saving lol

To sum it up, my board have just accepted a bid on my behalf for a 16yo. 7.5k. 

16 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

I've just finished season 2 with Cannes. Went from 6th to 11th, 2pts worse off than last season but further away from the relegation zone points wise, very odd season. 10pts from first 11 games then had promotion form from there. 

I've found out though we have a Vanarama budget. I spotted a mid table side in our league have 80k wage budget, ours went from 14k to 11.7k at the end of the season, I'm not being rewarded at all for my money saving lol

To sum it up, my board have just accepted a bid on my behalf for a 16yo. 7.5k. 

What are the clubs finances/balance like?

Any debt etc.?

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What are the clubs finances/balance like?

Any debt etc.?

Ranges from maybe 50k to -150k throughout the season. Projections look grim. Think I'm just gonna write off season 3, try to keep my head above water and blood in some youngsters who are supposedly talented. 

3 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Ranges from maybe 50k to -150k throughout the season. Projections look grim. Think I'm just gonna write off season 3, try to keep my head above water and blood in some youngsters who are supposedly talented. 

Maybe see if you can get some friendlies against some big teams in France?

Usually a pretty good way of boosting your balance

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe see if you can get some friendlies against some big teams in France?

Usually a pretty good way of boosting your balance

Bit late for that now but maybe, I don't like being hammered in pre-seasons, I can barely compete against lowly Ligue 1 B teams lol

Frustrating as the owner and his group supposedly has connections with Roma so i'd have thought it wouldn't be this bad

I don't normally negotiate these as money is usually irrelevant but it isn't here. I was bullied by an agent-less 15 year old youth candidate earlier on into giving him £40p/w. The other boys were content with £20. This club has broken me

• Haha 2