Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Andy11111

Mobile phones at gigs!!!😠😡😤😪😔🖕🖕

How annoying and sad is it that people stand there filming the gig on their phone, I think they should be thrown out by security, why goto a gig and feel the need to get a few crappy videos, even when they jump around a bit they still have there phone in their hand FFS, I leave mine in the car.

• Like 1

I did NYE in London opposite the London Eye a few years back.

I was quite literally the only person I could see out of 100,000 watching the fireworks through their own eyes, rather than recording something on their phones that they could have watched for free on BBC 1.

1 hour ago, Andy11111 said:

Why not just ban mobiles at gigs, then get a member of staff to film a few crappy videos with awful audio, and upload it to YouTube for us all watch.

I remember seeing a few dj nights did this or put stickers over camera lenses. Would imo improve the experience at something like that.

Was at Placebo in Glasgow last Saturday and they did a pre-recorded announcement from Brian Molko asking people to keep their phones away. Sad that it's got to that stage.

People still did do it but fewer than at other gigs I've been to recently.

If it isn't blocking my vision I really don't care how people choose to enjoy an event they've, usually these days, paid a shit load of money for.

Do I personally do it? No. Do I get it? Not really. Do I think they're a bit weird? Yes.

Do I think it's weirder to come on Foxestalk and start a thread ranting about it because it winds you up that much? Probably yes.

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I did NYE in London opposite the London Eye a few years back.

I was quite literally the only person I could see out of 100,000 watching the fireworks through their own eyes, rather than recording something on their phones that they could have watched for free on BBC 1.

This backs up my philosophy. If I go somewhere I’ll watch it with my own eyes, phone in my pocket as there is always someone recording it for to watch later if I feel the need, and they’ll do a better job of recording it than me too lol 

14 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This backs up my philosophy. If I go somewhere I’ll watch it with my own eyes, phone in my pocket as there is always someone recording it for to watch later if I feel the need, and they’ll do a better job of recording it than me too lol 

I literally asked a woman to airdrop me her photos at a Green Day gig last year, she looked at me like I was a psychopath then walked off lol 

The joke was on me though as my phone was dead and when we got back to the car and I could charge it, the battery had drained because the camera had GONE OFF IN MY POCKET and recorded entire songs in slow mo taking up about 5gb!!

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

How annoying and sad is it that people stand there filming the gig on their phone, I think they should be thrown out by security, why goto a gig and feel the need to get a few crappy videos, even when they jump around a bit they still have there phone in their hand FFS, I leave mine in the car.

I agree with the sentiment, but why not just switch your phone off and leave it in your pocket.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If it isn't blocking my vision I really don't care how people choose to enjoy an event they've, usually these days, paid a shit load of money for.

Do I personally do it? No. Do I get it? Not really. Do I think they're a bit weird? Yes.

Do I think it's weirder to come on Foxestalk and start a thread ranting about it because it winds you up that much? Probably yes.

Did I make u reply? No

16 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

Yep but its the modern world, I wonder what the kids think when they see footage of gigs when fans were wilder and not watching the gig through a screen.

If i was 16 I'd be doing the same though no doubt.:D

I remember Prince stating no filming but unfortuanely this meant security running up and down the aisles all night telling people not to film which was even more annoying.

I recall seeing paul simon and there was a couple filming wih the brightest phone you can imagine so bright that i couldnt look at the stage without being blinded by the light, i had to walk down and tell them, thankfully they stopped.

It baffles me why they want to film the whole thing rather than being in the moment.

13 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

Why not just ban mobiles at gigs

Some acts actually do ban mobiles using Yondr bags, a few issues have arose tho as a few small select groups of people actually need their phones, diabetics who track their current health on them and people who use Bluetooth hearing aids to adjust volume levels 

It doesn’t bother me anywhere as much as it used to. 

I was at a Rammstein concert at Milton Keynes pre covid and there was some crazy woman who spent the whole time screaming at people to put their phones away. She was far more irritating than anyone with their phones out. 

I usually take a few photos for social media but no more than that. My mate tends to record 30-40 seconds of songs here and there but I’ve no idea why as I’ve never seen him post them anywhere. Maybe he’s making a compilation ? :dunno:

I don’t get it myself but each to their own. 

I don't see the point in it myself. I used to hate people who do it and wanted them to fall over on the way home and seriously injure themselves. But now I just think they're twats and it would be funny if they tripped over and sustained a much milder injury. I also leave my phone in the car but it's a second hand Nokia 3310 so no cu*t wants it anyway.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 20:20, TheLittleBigMan said:

I don't see the point in it myself. I used to hate people who do it and wanted them to fall over on the way home and seriously injure themselves. But now I just think they're twats and it would be funny if they tripped over and sustained a much milder injury. I also leave my phone in the car but it's a second hand Nokia 3310 so no cu*t wants it anyway.

Who wouldn't want a phone with snake on it?

• Haha 1