Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Paddy McNair

Sometimes the best ‘teams’ don’t have the best individual players see our 2016 title side. Always struck me as a solid player at this level and comfortable on the ball from being played central midfield too. 28 should be in his prime. Good solid addition, would rather have him in the squad than vestergaard or Bertrand (I know he’s already left). 

26 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He’s actually decent at this level, particularly in a 3. But assuming Doyle signs, absolutely not needed. 

Assuming Doyle signs, we still absolutely need another CB if we plan on playing a back three, which looks likely. Including Doyle, we will have 5 CB's, or 4 CB's and Vestergaard. 

Sure JJ could cover but what if Ricardo is injured (hardly a stretch of the imagination) then we end up with Albrighton a RWB and JJ at RCB....

We will be playing over 50 games this year, twice a week at points, we need depth. 

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

Assuming Doyle signs, we still absolutely need another CB if we plan on playing a back three, which looks likely. Including Doyle, we will have 5 CB's, or 4 CB's and Vestergaard. 

Sure JJ could cover but what if Ricardo is injured (hardly a stretch of the imagination) then we end up with Albrighton a RWB and JJ at RCB....

We will be playing over 50 games this year, twice a week at points, we need depth. 

If there's no chance of getting a fee / getting Vestegaard's wages off the books then why wouldn't we just use him..? I know he was poor under BR (who wasn't), but maybe Maresca can get more from him..? I'd certainly be more inclined to do that than pay a fee for ANOTHER ageing player with absolutley zero future prospects in terms of Prem standard / sell on value. 

IMO if he's here and staying, Vestegaard is a much better footballer than McNair.

11 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

If there's no chance of getting a fee / getting Vestegaard's wages off the books then why wouldn't we just use him..? I know he was poor under BR (who wasn't), but maybe Maresca can get more from him..? I'd certainly be more inclined to do that than pay a fee for ANOTHER ageing player with absolutley zero future prospects in terms of Prem standard / sell on value. 

IMO if he's here and staying, Vestegaard is a much better footballer than McNair.

Since when was 28 seen as "ageing?"

Last I saw, McNair could run and jump which gives him a distinct advantage over Vestergaard. Not to mention, even of you did consider Vestergaard a better player (I categorically DO NOT) he still might not fit how Enzo wants to play. 

If we did go for a back 3, it makes sense that the two wider players of that trio are comfortable playing wider, good on the ball and can push up. McNair having played RB and CDM seems far more suited to that RCB slot than Jannick who is the only player BTW I've seen who somehow gets smaller the higher he jumps. 

• Like 1