Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Rugby World Cup 2023

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, both England and Wales were shite there.

Doesn't exactly bode well for the World Cup.

I mean neither will win it but both are going through significant transition for a start but equally these are pre tournament friendlies. Everyone is half arsing it, doesn't want to get hurt and just experimenting with different stuff. 

Unfortunately Faz didn't get the memo. 

Wouldn't read too much in to it. 

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

On the other hand, the Scots have become a powerhouse seemingly out of nowhere the last couple of years.

Powerhouse lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean neither will win it but both are going through significant transition for a start but equally these are pre tournament friendlies. Everyone is half arsing it, doesn't want to get hurt and just experimenting with different stuff. 

Unfortunately Faz didn't get the memo. 

Wouldn't read too much in to it. 

Powerhouse lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Alright, overstatement, but considering their form in the last eighteen months I can see them giving both the Irish and the Saffers a hard time in the group.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Alright, overstatement, but considering their form in the last eighteen months I can see them giving both the Irish and the Saffers a hard time in the group.

They'll just do the typical plucky Scotch thing of putting on a bit of a show of, throwing the ball around, playing some good rugby then losing to both by a few points. 

They're in a better place than us right now and it's harsh that they've been shafted by the ridiculously early seedings yes. 

But tipping them to win anything is like calling the Czech Republic dark horses for everything circa 04-10.

Generic hipster tip that goes nowhere because ultimately they're outsiders for a reason. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They'll just do the typical plucky Scotch thing of putting on a bit of a show of, throwing the ball around, playing some good rugby then losing to both by a few points. 

They're in a better place than us right now and it's harsh that they've been shafted by the ridiculously early seedings yes. 

But tipping them to win anything is like calling the Czech Republic dark horses for everything circa 04-10.

Generic hipster tip that goes nowhere because ultimately they're outsiders for a reason. 

I think they'll beat one out of the two and get out the group. Of course, they'll finish second and then the AB's will come in and do the usual, but hey.

23 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I think they'll beat one out of the two and get out the group. Of course, they'll finish second and then the AB's will come in and do the usual, but hey.

I'll happily take that bet as a £10 donation to FT. 

Can't look much beyond NZ France, SA Ireland, England Argentina and... :cry:

Ours is definitely the group to watch for a neutral. Not for quality necessarily but for drama. Both tier 1 nations are capable of absolutely fvcking it up. I'd still say there's about a 70% chance Australia and Wales both go through but that's still a hugely unacceptable margin for error. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'll happily take that bet as a £10 donation to FT. 

Can't look much beyond NZ France, SA Ireland, England Argentina and... :cry:

Ours is definitely the group to watch for a neutral. Not for quality necessarily but for drama. Both tier 1 nations are capable of absolutely fvcking it up. I'd still say there's about a 70% chance Australia and Wales both go through but that's still a hugely unacceptable margin for error. 

Works for me, think it's a longer shot than even money but happy to take the chance.

On 12/08/2023 at 20:01, Finnegan said:

By rights, Owen Farrell should see an extremely long ban. He should get probably the longest ban that's legally possible. The longest one handed out to date for head shots.

I don't mean this as some sort of anti-England, chip-on-the-shoulder, typically Welsh thing. I don't give a fvck who won today, it's a friendly and a bit of a laugh, I've been having a giggle with English friends all afternoon about the card count in that match and I don't give a stuff we lost. But he's the biggest repeat offender in the sport, to the extent that it's actually become a meme. He got away with it, inexplicably, countless times historically before World Rugby really properly started to clamp down on head contact.

He's been to "Tackle School" already this year, which is like rugby's version of going on a speed awareness course when you're caught going over the limit.

His tackle again today was just horrific. It wasn't an accident, he wasn't caught unfortunately in a bad position, he wasn't unlucky because the ref was harsh on mitigation - he just shoulder barged yet another player in the head at full force because that's what he does. 

Rugby World Cup 2023: Owen Farrell cleared to play after Wales red card overturned

England captain Owen Farrell is clear to play in the Rugby World Cup after his red card in Saturday's warm-up with Wales was overturned.

More to follow.

On 13/08/2023 at 10:43, Finnegan said:

But England are England…and like the Welsh can turn it around in a RU.
World Tournament.

Just like all pre-season panics one of them..:dunno: & one of these:cheers:

54 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Apparently World rugby can appeal the decision of the panel so might not be the end of it .

Thinking is there were 3 Southern    Hemisphere people making the judgement and  they see this look at this of tackle less dimly .

It's a complete and total embarrassment to World Rugby both in terms of their general approach to player welfare but also their new review system. He was initially yellow carded so the bunker review could take extra time to decide on his fate and THAT red carded him.

For him to be allowed to give a weak-arse excuse at a panel is just ridiculous. And it is weak-arse. We all watched him line up his man and shoulder charge in the face, Faz hit exactly what he intended to. The idea that it was an accident because of third party interference is an insult to literally everyone watching's intelligence. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m not the keenest rugby fan, but do like to see England do well. But this is a disgrace. 

Honestly Bert, all banter aside, to the credit of England fans I can't actually find any that don't agree this is completely ridiculous. 

For City fans, for context, this is pretty much rugby's exact copy of Shearer getting a free pass for kicking Lennie in the face at point blank. 

• Like 1