Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

Rugby World Cup 2023

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Rugby is disappearing up it's own arse with all these checks and new rules.

I appreciate player safety is paramount but as causal viewer it all seems a bit OTT.

I’m afraid that they have to follow this head protection ruling because they’re likely to be sued by ever increasing numbers of dementia affected former players. So they need to show the courts/possible inquiry that they’re doing whatever they can 

It’s a massive problem for the game  because it’s often a nonsense 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

I’m afraid that they have to follow this head protection ruling because they’re likely to be sued by ever increasing numbers of dementia affected former players. So they need to show the courts/possible inquiry that they’re doing whatever they can 

That's a fair point but their paranoia is now ruining the game IMO.

Be an absolute joke if Argentina’s isn’t a red after England’s was. I’d be interested to hear someone a bit more clued up on it all explain why Argies isn’t a red if it doesn’t get upgraded. 

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Curry's was harsh but careless under current rules. Carreras' looks a bit more cynical and unnecessary.

Help me out here mate. What was he supposed to do instead?

What exactly did he do wrong?

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

The Argentinian player not receiving a red illustrates the lottery of the laws

it seems that the fact curry drew blood meant he was dismissed - the Argentinian’s offence was way more dangerous to ford’s head than curry’s incident 

I think your point about the blood is exactly right. Reacted to the injury rather than the tackle.