Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

Just now, StanSP said:

And Barca vs Psg. Was it quarters that Barca had that comeback victory against? 

Not sure if it was the round before.

Some good games drawn here though. Mind you, it is a quarter final lol 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

El Classico at Wembley would be great to see. 

No it wouldn't, two of the worst sets of fans in the world. Got no time for either of them.

Side note, it's incredible that the draw has separated out the 4 best remaining into one half.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

No it wouldn't, two of the worst sets of fans in the world. Got no time for either of them.

Side note, it's incredible that the draw has separated out the 4 best remaining into one half.

1/35 chance

Edited by Sir Steve Howard

23 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

no sure i care about the fans as i wont be there, but the game would be decent unlike anything with Atletico in... 

17 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

no sure i care about the fans as i wont be there, but the game would be decent unlike anything with Atletico in... 

Going to have to agree to disagree. I love everything about Atletico, they play the truest form of shithouse football. Could only dream of us having a manager like Simeone.

Their 3-2 away win at Liverpool a few years ago to knock them out was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Your original point was about wanting to see El Clasico in the final so I assumed you meant for atmosphere reasons as it's a "derby", when in actual fact it's a massively overrated rivalry as the fans are crap.

17 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Going to have to agree to disagree. I love everything about Atletico, they play the truest form of shithouse football. Could only dream of us having a manager like Simeone.

Their 3-2 away win at Liverpool a few years ago to knock them out was one of the best performances I've ever seen.

Your original point was about wanting to see El Clasico in the final so I assumed you meant for atmosphere reasons as it's a "derby", when in actual fact it's a massively overrated rivalry as the fans are crap.

Christ could you imagine our fans with someone like Simone?!

The final is usually pretty poor anyway so having Atletico in it probably makes it worse. 

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Christ could you imagine our fans with someone like Simone?!

The final is usually pretty poor anyway so having Atletico in it probably makes it worse. 

Always felt like Vardy's perfect fit at his peak was Atletico. Simeone loves him.

image.png.12adfb16adbd2756c74461a99faf5be9.png

Real 4-1 Atleti was a great final, just a shame about the outcome

33 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Will be delighted to dump Kane out of the tournament! 😁

While still in England…Most Leicester fans hated Arsenal

has a young English kid BvB became my 2nd team..

then after all my travels…

I have now since Hitzfeld,through Tuchel & Klopp settled ( coincidently) in Germany

and even before,but more so over the years while also being a BvB supporter,

become to respect Bayern( management), but hate them worse than Arsenal or Forest 🤔 

Then Harry Kane drifts this season into Bayern,the England captain & historically on of our best

strikers…who’s flag I carry with a football pride…

Yes I would love him with Bayern to win a trophy ( I have never hated Spurs)

Leverkusen deserve their unique season & tho’ a BvB fan….I am split in welcoming Leverkusen to the

Bundesliga title there will be now no twists in the title race…

& Harry Kane having his first trophy success in the CL….because next to Bellingham the closest we have

to an English success in the last few years or including the trajectory of Sanchez at BvB..

Before I took ill there was a time,I could name..top 10 clubs players through the top leagues in Europe

Old English 1st Div/PL…Bundesliga, Spanish Liga,Italian liga,Dutch erste divi..The French never interested me outside their International side., plus the Worlds top Rugby teams..One of the few topics while travelling Desert Caravans,Jungle stop overs Mountain bars or Tchai houses or working a rig, speaking to locals travellers & workers  alike…oh also  pop/rock/jazz music common themes….resting among Aztec,Mayan,Inca,Ellon’s caves,Masrur ruins or old train & stations waiting for a fking

week late 2:am train..

Now leads me hoping somehow Harry has his day, Leverkusen at least once,not a bottling 2nd ,BvB gelbewand rocks again,Enzo takes us to Europe where FFP is a long lost nightmare,

& after Morgan, our local boys Choudhury*, KdH ,OAP-Vardy lifts a trophy in Leicester colours…

ps…Choudhury * drink n drive…..falls into Adams,Terrys,Ronaldo,D.Wise,Ferdinand,Greaves,Law, etc ….Abuse…

Dangerously wrong,but peti amongst some repetative greats…

I digress…At this stage all top draws…open questions galore from all sides.Memories tobe erased or remembered.

#  One is..can Arsenal stop Kane scoring/erase that 10-2 massacre.

#. Pep vs Ancelotti

#. Possible Arsenal vs Man.city..

# BVB or Barcelona one could later laugh themselves to the final..

Europa League

# Two fallen angels,rekindled their season & a wow how!!
                  #  W.Ham ( no relegation) vs Leverkusen (the champions of also rans) now Bundesliga certainties..

E.Conference

# League & conference we would of thought this is our baby…

# How did Villa evolve and get here

# From a foxes perspective, I want them to win this & get 4th in the PL

# different days..!! Manutd can get a spots into either of these 2 ( loser cups)

# why !!! Manutd struggling to even qualify through league ( for loser cup)

# Are Villa,West Ham, Brighton,Wolves ready to steal  Manutds charms

# forgetting FFP mania, if Enzo stays can he push us to these welcome hights.

1 hour ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Agree totally on A.Madrid…we had dreams that since “63” all managers through to Rodgers ,now Enzo

could lead us to & through simular A.Madrids eras,and this special consistent fighting against the odds Simone era.

Simeone draws my best European manager for solving his on & off the field battles….

I reckon Enzo his in his ilk, but our club carries a lot of financial investment baggage, that Enzo might not see a chance

of any developement project he could face with us,,,,

43 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

While still in England…Most Leicester fans hated Arsenal

has a young English kid BvB became my 2nd team..

then after all my travels…

I have now since Hitzfeld,through Tuchel & Klopp settled ( coincidently) in Germany

and even before,but more so over the years while also being a BvB supporter,

become to respect Bayern( management), but hate them worse than Arsenal or Forest 🤔 

Then Harry Kane drifts this season into Bayern,the England captain & historically on of our best

strikers…who’s flag I carry with a football pride…

Yes I would love him with Bayern to win a trophy ( I have never hated Spurs)

Leverkusen deserve their unique season & tho’ a BvB fan….I am split in welcoming Leverkusen to the

Bundesliga title there will be now no twists in the title race…

& Harry Kane having his first trophy success in the CL….because next to Bellingham the closest we have

to an English success in the last few years or including the trajectory of Sanchez at BvB..

Before I took ill there was a time,I could name..top 10 clubs players through the top leagues in Europe

Old English 1st Div/PL…Bundesliga, Spanish Liga,Italian liga,Dutch erste divi..The French never interested me outside their International side., plus the Worlds top Rugby teams..One of the few topics while travelling Desert Caravans,Jungle stop overs Mountain bars or Tchai houses or working a rig, speaking to locals travellers & workers  alike…oh also  pop/rock/jazz music common themes….resting among Aztec,Mayan,Inca,Ellon’s caves,Masrur ruins or old train & stations waiting for a fking

week late 2:am train..

Now leads me hoping somehow Harry has his day, Leverkusen at least once,not a bottling 2nd ,BvB gelbewand rocks again,Enzo takes us to Europe where FFP is a long lost nightmare,

& after Morgan, our local boys Choudhury*, KdH ,OAP-Vardy lifts a trophy in Leicester colours…

ps…Choudhury * drink n drive…..falls into Adams,Terrys,Ronaldo,D.Wise,Ferdinand,Greaves,Law, etc ….Abuse…

Dangerously wrong,but peti amongst some repetative greats…

I digress…At this stage all top draws…open questions galore from all sides.Memories tobe erased or remembered.

#  One is..can Arsenal stop Kane scoring/erase that 10-2 massacre.

#. Pep vs Ancelotti

#. Possible Arsenal vs Man.city..

# BVB or Barcelona one could later laugh themselves to the final..

Europa League

# Two fallen angels,rekindled their season & a wow how!!
                  #  W.Ham ( no relegation) vs Leverkusen (the champions of also rans) now Bundesliga certainties..

E.Conference

# League & conference we would of thought this is our baby…

# How did Villa evolve and get here

# From a foxes perspective, I want them to win this & get 4th in the PL

# different days..!! Manutd can get a spots into either of these 2 ( loser cups)

# why !!! Manutd struggling to even qualify through league ( for loser cup)

# Are Villa,West Ham, Brighton,Wolves ready to steal  Manutds charms

# forgetting FFP mania, if Enzo stays can he push us to these welcome hights.

Ha, I thought someone would mention the 10-2 massacre!  It would be a relief to get that monkey off our back and ensure Kane does not progress to the semi finals.  Surely not good for German football that Bayern have such a monopoly on the Bundesliga either.  About time someone else stepped up, so come on Leverkusen.  🤞