Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Champions League Thread 2023/2024

9 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Baring in mind Newcastle should have been about 5-1 down if PSG could actually finish, a draw is probably the least PSG deserve.

Cruel way to go about it though as there is no way that's a Penalty.

Same as when they got battered in Milan but got away with a draw.

It's Newcastle, oh what a shame. Just hope they don't finish in top 4 this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ref was pressured to give that, shown no interest originally. But when you get uefa in his ear saying its a pen whenever it is or not then hes got no choice. Uefa need the so called big boys in competition. 

I'm not sure about the 'keep the big boys in the competition' stuff but do think referees feel pressured to change decisions based on VAR. It was the same in the Man Utd/Copenhagen game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Brilliant decision for the penalty at PSG, well done ref.

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think it was a great decision personally. 

Other way round and Newcastle are shouting for a penalty and Shearer is moaning on twitter.

• Haha 1

I think VAR needs to be changed where the ref should choose if he wants to review the decision. If he wasnt sure then thats when monitor should be used. If in last night's case where the referee looked 100% convinced var should not be used. The cricket system is better. Where if the third umpire is uncertain they allow referee to stick with his original decision.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Other way round and Newcastle are shouting for a penalty and Shearer is moaning on twitter.

Like I asked the others, how is that a penalty in your view? Feel like I'm missing something obvious with this but no one is saying why its a penalty, just the usual anti Newcastle borefest 'blah blah saudis yeah deffo pen' rather than anything constructive?

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ref was pressured to give that, shown no interest originally. But when you get uefa in his ear saying its a pen whenever it is or not then hes got no choice. Uefa need the so called big boys in competition. 

Don't forget this is the ref who was under disciplinary action by UEFA last year because he gave a speech at a far-right demo in Poland. He's also considered one of the best refs in the world (CL final and World Cup final in 2022). I have a bad feeling he was "bullied" by UEFA officials for the penalty decision. 

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Like I asked the others, how is that a penalty in your view? Feel like I'm missing something obvious with this but no one is saying why its a penalty, just the usual anti Newcastle borefest 'blah blah saudis yeah deffo pen' rather than anything constructive?

It's not a penalty mate. They're just entertained because it happened to Newcastle. They're right though telling about the hypocrisy, if it was the other way around Newcastle would be still shouting today. 

Wait until the same happens to us next season for about 4-5 times in the Premier League. The fans of all teams must unite against this corruption. Don't expect these companies which happens to be Football Clubs to do anything about the matter. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question for u is, why do you think that?

I've had the displeasure of knowing many Newcastle fans 95% of which have been genuinely terrible humans. Of the others that aren't. None of them gave a shit really until they were taken over then ofcourse have been super fans of the world's greatest support for the entire lives and one lad thats never been to Newcastle. All the stuff that's gone their way...

It's nice to see them have something to cry about. 

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Don't forget this is the ref who was under disciplinary action by UEFA last year because he gave a speech at a far-right demo in Poland. He's also considered one of the best refs in the world (CL final and World Cup final in 2022). I have a bad feeling he was "bullied" by UEFA officials for the penalty decision. 

Probably worried he would be told off by them for not following the guidelines.

4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Fantastic game this. One of the best of the last few years. It could easily be 6 or 7 each

Man U scored 9 goals away and got 1 point from those 3 games .

MEN claiming one of the Gala goals should have been disallowed.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/galatasaray-goal-vs-manchester-united-28199540

But do VAR check for such stuff under their guidelines?

Edited by Super_horns
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...