Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

Foxestalk Member Writes a Novel

Best of luck with the launch. There seem to be a lot of films and series on Netflix that cover the 50s/60s Cold War, so you never know, you may get a film studio bidding for rights!

May be worth sounding out a local bookshop to have a launch night. If you can convince them you can get a group of people prepared to come down and buy a signed copy, they can lay on refreshments (normally juice/wine and nibbles)....normally you either pay a small fee or allow a trade discount on the books that sell. 

5 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Best of luck with the launch. There seem to be a lot of films and series on Netflix that cover the 50s/60s Cold War, so you never know, you may get a film studio bidding for rights!

May be worth sounding out a local bookshop to have a launch night. If you can convince them you can get a group of people prepared to come down and buy a signed copy, they can lay on refreshments (normally juice/wine and nibbles)....normally you either pay a small fee or allow a trade discount on the books that sell. 

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions, it may be something to be explored.

Thanks again

James 

56 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Hi Guys,

As a regular on here for many years now, I think my rank is something like captain, I thought it was likely we may have crossed paths in threads before and it may have left you wondering what goes on inside my head. Well, I have grabbed a load of fictional thoughts and written my debut novel. (probably my only one). Being as LCFC fans support each other, I thought I would post the link to my novel, available on Amazon in Kindle and paperback and some of you may like to give it a go.  You also get to put a face to the handle of Hesnotgudjonsonn!

Many thanks

James/Gudjy

The Coldest Game
A historical thriller by James Thornton.

In 1959 California, a young scholar falls for a thrill seeker. He follows her on a dangerous journey of fraud, treason and espionage leaving them at the mercy of the KGB.

He just wants to get them home.

A gripping story of love, thrill-seeking and deadly espionage at the height of the Cold War. Available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle eBook now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CGG7NKTM/

Fantastic news, best of luck mate, from a fellow writer!

19 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I feel your pain. Catcher in the Dyer nearly finished me off. 

Mine is about a guy who blows his girlfriend's back out one week but can only manage three pumps and a squirt the next. Right mardy bugger and all.

I just hope it sells better than Shipman's List. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

Glad I'm not alone as a writer on FoxesTalk.

50 Shades of Demarai Gray has been a real labour of love for me.

Great novel! 

"his eyes stared at me with pure fear as he ran towards me dressed from head to toe in his captains uniform with his arms out and shouted 'get away from that rotar blade you tw@t!!'"

Congratulations from another fellow writer.

Such a great feeling to see your book out in the wild, isn't it? 

How did you find the KDP Process? (I'm assuming it was KDP given it says "independently published"). I personally enjoyed the creative control it gave me, which I don't think I would have got had I gone through a traditional publisher.

I'm still working on my second (non-fiction) book at the moment, but have started to develop an idea for a fiction book which is based around the one I'm currently writing. Do you use any tools/apps to plan your novel? 

4 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Congratulations from another fellow writer.

Such a great feeling to see your book out in the wild, isn't it? 

How did you find the KDP Process? (I'm assuming it was KDP given it says "independently published"). I personally enjoyed the creative control it gave me, which I don't think I would have got had I gone through a traditional publisher.

I'm still working on my second (non-fiction) book at the moment, but have started to develop an idea for a fiction book which is based around the one I'm currently writing. Do you use any tools/apps to plan your novel? 

Hi Mate, yes it does feel good to have done it. I never had any intention of using a publisher as I wanted complete freedom to write my story and design my cover so there was something out there in the world that I could say was all me. Kind of like a legacy, as it can live online longer than I do.

I found the majority of the process very simple to format and upload but I kept having an issue with getting my cover text centralised. Took a lot of returns to Canva and re uploading it. Whichever lines I centralised between, never seemed to be right but I got there in the end. Perseverance pays off.

I create a structured plan of any fiction I am going to write. Usually just on Excel. I will lay it out in a three act structure and in each structure I will have all the chapters and in each chapter all the scenes.

By having this plan in place, I always know exactly what I am going to write about each day and also don’t end up down any tangents that completely mess with the A,B and C stories. 

I tend to write screenplays and so used the same plan and structure and adapted it to a novel.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

I hope any of you who gave this a read enjoyed it thoroughly, but for those who haven’t, well Xmas is just around the corner and what makes a better stocking filler than a great new book to get into during the upcoming cold January. So, why not give one written by a fellow Fox?

Nothing better than storming the league than reading a great thriller set during the Cold War. 

Thanks for letting me bump my book again.

Gudjy

The Coldest Game: A gripping story of love, thrill-seeking and espionage at the height of the Cold War. A spy thriller. https://amzn.eu/d/9ji4g4B