Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-1 Hull - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-1 Hull

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.7

Total Average Rating

131 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Abdul Fatawu Substitute 7.3
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall 4.3
  4. Manager Confidence 96% -3%

Season: 2023/24
Voting Starts: 02/09/23
Voting Ends: 07/09/23

1. Mads Hermansen
  2. Wout Faes
  3. Jannik Vestergaard
  4. Callum Doyle
  5. Ricardo Pereira
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Harry Winks
  8. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  9. Yunus Akgün
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Kasey McAteer
  12. Cesare Casadei (sub)
  13. Stephy Mavididi (sub)
  14. Abdul Fatawu (sub)
  15. Jamie Vardy (sub)

Excited that we finally have an electric RW, and at least an adequate two-deep on both wings.  Fatawu is the threat -- and wild card -- and entertainer -- this side needs.  Yunus was a Cengo flashback -- talented, but a limited bag of tricks, and not much use on the defensive side.

We’ve got big midfield problems if we keep playing KDH and Ndidi in their current positions.  Casadei into Ndidi’s spot please.  Winks is great, but lying so deep, he has less influence on the game than KDH who is so. freaking. wasteful.

Doyle’s going to have to tighten it up bigtime or he’ll not sniff the XI again.

• Like 3

Doyle is a proper player. Hard as nails but can also play, too. Really like him. 

Winks and KDH meh. Winks was ok. KDH improved second half.

McAteer was the best I’ve seen him, actually played like a winger and tried to take his full back on. 

Ricardo quiet. Maybe would have given JJ the last 30.

Kelechi did quite well but we just don’t create enough chances as it was all a bit slow. Especially first half. 

Subs all made us better. Casadei has a bit of height and physicality. Would start him next game. Both wide players made a difference, too.

Overall, second half we were better as we were more direct and less pedestrian in possession. 

Edited by Dickov22

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Excited that we finally have an electric RW, and at least an adequate two-deep on both wings.  Fatawu is the threat -- and wild card -- and entertainer -- this side needs.  Yunus was a Cengo flashback -- talented, but a limited bag of tricks, and not much use on the defensive side.

We’ve got big midfield problems if we keep playing KDH and Ndidi in their current positions.  Casadei into Ndidi’s spot please.  Winks is great, but lying so deep, he has less influence on the game than KDH who is so. freaking. wasteful.

Doyle’s going to have to tighten it up bigtime or he’ll not sniff the XI again.

Lol about Doyle. He’s our best defender. Easily 

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

"Our best defender" ... a low bar I suppose ... but even so, that is laughable. 

There's good reason he's third lowest in today's vote.  Played like Vestergaard's double on the left side, especially defending one-on-one.

He's physical enough, but useless in space (similar to most of our back line).  He's got miles to go.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He had an absolute shocker today, gave him a 1. He got beat in what seemed like 100% of 1 on 1s, whenever a player looked to cut inside he planted his foot and they just ran straight past him. Seemed like that happened every single time. 

He was to blame for the goal against Rotherham also, lost his man. 

He has clearly got a lot of promise; is great on the ball, is tough physically, and has a great attitude. I think he could play at the top level one day, but there is a lot to work on if he wants to get there. 

• Like 4

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

He had an absolute shocker today, gave him a 1. He got beat in what seemed like 100% of 1 on 1s, whenever a player looked to cut inside he planted his foot and they just ran straight past him. Seemed like that happened every single time. 

He has clearly got a lot of promise; is great on the ball, is tough physically, and has a great attitude. I think he could play at the top level one day, but there is a lot to work on if he wants to get there. 

Agreed re goal at Rotherham although not with what you say on yesterday. He’s a brute but can also play football - I absolutely love him. One of the first names on the team sheet I’m sure of it 

I didnt think anyone, bar maybe McAteer, can honestly say that he's played close to his best but I did think we were the better team. 

I'm surprised to see the Hull fans on twitter going crazy about their performance. I genuinely didn't think they played that well and I thought they were very fortunate to win.

On another day with better finishing we'd get 3 or 4.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I thought going forward he was immense. Again..

I've got no issues with Doyle. Get Coady alongside him and it'll be the making of him defensively.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What? You must have been watching an entirely different Doyle to me yesterday. He got completely turned inside out 3 or 4 times including on the goal. Hull had him completely on toast, almost all of their best attacks came directly from his lack of defending. He was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. 

KDH or the Hull right back were worse IMO.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

KDH or the Hull right back were worse IMO.

Disagree. KDH was very poor but Doyle was directly causing opposition attacks time after time. They kept coming down our left and cutting inside and Doyle fell for the inside cut every single time.

Can’t believe people genuinely thought he was our best defender or 6/10 yesterday when Hull were directly and successfully targeting him. I mean Vestegaard clearly defended much better than him yesterday but people have their own preconceived opinions on Vestegaard so won’t judge him on the individual game 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I thought going forward he was immense. Again..

I've got no issues with Doyle. Get Coady alongside him and it'll be the making of him defensively.

Yeah he is a real asset on the ball, no doubt about it. 

Agree having a defensive organiser in there like Coady could really help him. A fair bit of it is inexperience, and positioning is coachable. 

17 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

He’s our best defender, based on the games I’ve seen this season. Not yesterday, was probably a 6/10. Still, he’s our best defender

Doyle got owned by Delap far too many times yesterday and was arguably the 'fine margin' that lost us the game. In the second half they really went for him. I agree his is a wonderful asset moving forward but i am becoming increasing worried about him in defence when he plays some pacy as he seems really slow. I don't think Coady is going to magically make that better. 

He's young and learning though.

32 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What? You must have been watching an entirely different Doyle to me yesterday. He got completely turned inside out 3 or 4 times including on the goal. Hull had him completely on toast, almost all of their best attacks came directly from his lack of defending. He was comfortably the worst player on the pitch. 

No full backs means Doyle is easily exposed against pacey wide men by a quick, long diagonal ball. Hull used that extensively against him. It caused us/him genuine problems.  

40 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. KDH was very poor but Doyle was directly causing opposition attacks time after time. They kept coming down our left and cutting inside and Doyle fell for the inside cut every single time.

Can’t believe people genuinely thought he was our best defender or 6/10 yesterday when Hull were directly and successfully targeting him. I mean Vestegaard clearly defended much better than him yesterday but people have their own preconceived opinions on Vestegaard so won’t judge him on the individual game 

I don't see how you can say he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch when he was as good as he was going forward.

Yes, he struggled defensively. But his passing and driving runs were superb. We are very fortunate to have him IMO.

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see how you can say he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch when he was as good as he was going forward.

Yes, he struggled defensively. But his passing and driving runs were superb. We are very fortunate to have him IMO.

Because he is a defender not an attacking midfielder in a game we lost and his poor defending led to the opposition getting several opportunities including the goal. Had he created a goal or even a hatful of chances our strikers screwed wide, maybe you could argue it cancelled out but he didn’t.

Your logic is exactly the logic people were using last season when we were losing game after game, praising Faes for being good on the ball or KDH for having energy when they were so poor at so many of the basics their position actually requires.

He easily could’ve  cost us 2 or 3 goals yesterday. He was absolutely the most negatively impactful player for their side in the game.

No one is saying he won’t come good or he is a bad player overall, a “we’re lucky to have him” comment makes it pretty clear you’re letting your overall opinion of him overlook his pretty straightforward awful individual performance yesterday, which he himself will probably realise - he absolutely had a stinker yesterday.

Edited by Sampson

Thought Ricardo had a bit of a stinker first half, we rely on him to help move the play on but a fair few of his passes were really sloppy and at times he was both ponderous on the ball and picking the wrong pass, maybe due to the opposition targeting him knowing what he does but the only way around that is crisp accurate passing, hopefully it was just an off day.

Mix bag yesterday for me. 

Hermansen - really like him, yesterday could see he was getting frustrated with the lack of options in front of him when in possession. Good solid keeper and integral to how we want to play 

Ricardo - Poor game by his standards, loose in possession and looked off it. 

Faes - pretty solid

Vestergaard - best game of the season. Was aggressive and won most of his duels. 

Doyle - had a tough game yesterday but is still a quality player, can’t be faultless every week 

Winks - excellent as always rarely gives the ball away and so composed. Always at the heart of our best moves. 

Yunus - clearly nervous and needs a bit of time to bed in. Also felt we didn’t utilise him anywhere nearly enough when he got into good positions

Ndidi - at times looks out most improved player technically but then decision making or execution let’s him down when we are in good positions. 

KDH - gets into so many great positions and then makes a poor decision or lack of quality leads to a turnover in possession.

McAteer - looked good and arguably our biggest threat in the 1st half. His emergence has been the biggest plus of the season so far. Can see him pushing KDH for his place as No 8 

Iheanacho - poor, lack of movement and looked sluggish, offered no real threat. 

Casadei - keeps the ball moving and links up with his winger so much better than Ndidi and KDH 

Fatawu - looked dangerous everytime he got the ball, looks a real player he can cause carnage in this system. 

Mavididi - didn’t utilise him nearly enough, I think he struggled as KDH and Doyle were both of it and as a result we didn’t get the ball to him nearly enough, and on the very few occasions we did he seemed frustrated and then tried to do too much. 

Vardy - looked more of a threat than Iheanacho,  just couldn’t get a final ball of the quality that would have give him the clear cut chance. Movement was good and definitely opened up more opportunities. 

• Like 2

Hermansen 6 - decent game, would be great if players gave him an option 

Ricardo 5 - loose in possession and spooned a couple of decent chances 

Faes 6 - thought he was decent 

Vestergaard 7 - best game so far, aggressive and won everything 

Doyle 4 - so poor on the ball and got turned inside out by Delap, that’s a few times he’s been beaten too easily 

Winks 6 - didn’t really play any great balls, too safe all game. Love his passion 

Ndidi 4 - can’t believe he’s still starting, he doesn’t win the ball back enough and can’t keep hold of it 

KDH 4 - drop him asap, doesn’t have the technical ability to play in this system 

Akgun 4 - didn’t beat his man, got knocked over, seems slow, not sure why he was even signed. 

McAteer 5 - thought he was much better, had the beating of his man but no end product 

Iheanacho 4 - he’s not gonna score many this season, he’s either too deep or loses it straight away 

Abdul 6 - absolutely ruined his marker, end product is awful, that shot at the end summed him up but he was the closest to scoring 

Mavididi 4 - he’s the new Jeff Schlupp

Casadei 5 - needs to start, made some good chances 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Because he is a defender not an attacking midfielder in a game we lost and his poor defending led to the opposition getting several opportunities including the goal. Had he created a goal or even a hatful of chances our strikers screwed wide, maybe you could argue it cancelled out but he didn’t.

Your logic is exactly the logic people were using last season when we were losing game after game, praising Faes for being good on the ball or KDH for having energy when they were so poor at so many of the basics their position actually requires.

He easily could’ve  cost us 2 or 3 goals yesterday. He was absolutely the most negatively impactful player for their side in the game.

No one is saying he won’t come good or he is a bad player overall, a “we’re lucky to have him” comment makes it pretty clear you’re letting your overall opinion of him overlook his pretty straightforward awful individual performance yesterday, which he himself will probably realise - he absolutely had a stinker yesterday.

I just don't see how you can say he was comfortably the worst player when he looked brilliant on the ball.

He couldn't have easily cost us 2 or 3 goals. That's a big exaggeration. Did Hull even have 2 or 3 meaningful attacks?

Ultimately, had Vestergaard not turned his back for the Delap shot and had we had more clinical forwards then Doyle gets a clean sheet and potentially an assist or two.

When you've seen KDH consistently fail to pass and control the ball... I don't see how you can say Doyle was worse than that.