Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Who do you want for next season in the PL

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Oscar Zambrano would be one of my priorities, the kid is obscene and whoever picks him up as his first European club is going to make an outrageous amount of money on him.

100% 

Do you think he could be deployed in the 8 role or move him alongside Winks (might be better suited to doing so when we're in the Prem) and then get a proper 10 behind the striker.

I really like Salvatore Esposito as an aggressive all action midfielder too. Both he and Zambrano destined for the top.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Dani de Wit has always scored goals from midfield. Contract up this summer.

I'm not completely blown away by him but I'll be honest, I've not followed him that closely. @kingfox @Tommy Fresh @moore_94 @LVFox What we think?

Scores goals, but from a statistical model doesn't stand out. Have to confess, haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement but on a free I do wonder if he could be an option similar to how Enzo viewed Casadei, as someone who covers ground well, decent in the air and arrives late in the box.

If the deal was right I'd much rather we took a punt on him as opposed to O'Hare or Sensi on similar deals.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

Georges Mikautadze..

A case of wrong club at wrong time? cause he's back on fire again after leaving 

I was an advocate of this in the summer, the Ajax move felt weird from the get-go and a season in the championship would have been a good step for him from Metz.

Would still be a viable option but feel the link to Hlozek is far more exciting 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

A South American for you @Tommy Fresh

Cesar Huerta - UNAM. Been linked with a few European clubs.

7585143-E-5026-456-E-AC6-B-BDB8651-B5-A8

Always sign him as a free agent on career mode HUGE FAN

• Haha 1

@brownboy93 Watching Metz this season it’s been very evident that Mikautadze is a class above in their team. Was always the question mark of whether he could step up to Ligue 1, but in the first few games of the season before his move to Ajax, he took to Ligue 1 like a duck to water. Since returning to Metz, the contributions he has produced has been nothing short of phenomenal, he could single-handedly keep them in the division. 

He tends to excel when running and dribbling at defences, he has incredible footwork and balance. Also an excellent finisher too, some of his goals recently have been very classy. 

The only doubt I have is his ability to hold up the ball and link play, at times he becomes very isolated, but in all fairness the lack of quality around him don’t really help matters. 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kingfox said:

@brownboy93 Watching Metz this season it’s been very evident that Mikautadze is a class above in their team. Was always the question mark of whether he could step up to Ligue 1, but in the first few games of the season before his move to Ajax, he took to Ligue 1 like a duck to water. Since returning to Metz, the contributions he has produced has been nothing short of phenomenal, he could single-handedly keep them in the division. 

He tends to excel when running and dribbling at defences, he has incredible footwork and balance. Also an excellent finisher too, some of his goals recently have been very classy. 

The only doubt I have is his ability to hold up the ball and link play, at times he becomes very isolated, but in all fairness the lack of quality around him don’t really help matters. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/enzo-marescas-abandoned-15m-plan-8726165

Think we'll go back for him

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

100% 

Do you think he could be deployed in the 8 role or move him alongside Winks (might be better suited to doing so when we're in the Prem) and then get a proper 10 behind the striker.

I really like Salvatore Esposito as an aggressive all action midfielder too. Both he and Zambrano destined for the top.

Yeah I'd have him alongside Winks, not sure why we do this to ourselves though, we'll end up with Corry Evans

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brownboy93 said:

Minutes & positions after going on loan back to 16th placed metz:

Screenshot_20240502_122526_DuckDuckGo.jpg

11 goals, 3 assists in the second half of the season for a team near relegation? Definitely worth a shout

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

Maybe abit of an ambitious shout, but Marcus rashford is clearly wanting out at Man U. Big wages I would think, but I reckon he would be worth the money if he hits a run of form which he has proven he does have if his head is in the game. 

I’d personally go for Mbappe

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kisnorbo fox said:

Maybe abit of an ambitious shout, but Marcus rashford is clearly wanting out at Man U. Big wages I would think, but I reckon he would be worth the money if he hits a run of form which he has proven he does have if his head is in the game. 

Do you drink beer for breakfast?

20 hours ago, kingfox said:

A South American for you @Tommy Fresh

Cesar Huerta - UNAM. Been linked with a few European clubs.

7585143-E-5026-456-E-AC6-B-BDB8651-B5-A8

South American?! Can't believe you'd refer to a North American as that you racist b******... lol

16 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

South American?! Can't believe you'd refer to a North American as that you racist b******... lol

This is why I didn’t do Geography GCSE 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

Mentioned this guy back in January. 

Couhaib Driouech - Excelsior.

Has been one of the best 1 vs 1 dribblers in the Eredivisie this season, with a very impressive success rate of 65%. Also very impressive defensive stats for a winger, currently averaging 8.41 successful defensive actions per90, along with 7.40 defensive duels per90. 

He rejected a move to Swansea in January, but the likes of PSV & Feyenoord have both shown interest in him in recent months. 

Could do with adding a bit more creativity to his game, but in terms of dribbling and defensive work, he looks the ideal winger for us. 

CC64588-D-01-CA-4794-98-B6-C1997-B5-F618

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

This is why I didn’t do Geography GCSE 🤦‍♂️

Ah but you would have learned so much about rocks and stuff (and ironically, nothing to do with countries or where they are lol)