Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Tunnock's

Tunnock's  

149 members have voted

1. 1. The superior product

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've got a friend who lives near the Tunnocks factory and when I got married she sent me a box of teacakes - not the usual 8 or 10, this is a big box with about 50 in - and that remains one of the best days of my life, up there with the brewery tour if I'm honest

I am totally shocked, and impressed, that such a thing exists.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Livid said:

Forget Israel/Gaza, Ukraine/Russia and this disaster of a government the fact that people are voting for the Caramel Wafer is the biggest outrage in life. 

I mean it’s OK but it’s not a tea cake! :D

There are blokes in foxholes near Kherson going "they voted WHAT?"

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

@FoxesDeb what's the availability of a Scottish delicacy in your part of the world?

As common as an aioli? Or more challenging, like a red cabbage?

Can you get hold of Irn Bru?

I need to know these things.

Well I've been reliably informed by my daughter that they sell Tunnocks tea cakes at the little place she's been to this evening for a Spanish lesson lol Very random!

She must have overheard me asking my husband earlier what he'd vote for, and he confirmed he's a wafer loving sit down to wee man, I've never felt more disappointed. 

I'm going to Iceland tomorrow  (the overseas supermarket, not the country) so I'll report back on Irn Bru. They sell pretty much everything British you can think of, so I'll be surprised if they haven't got it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Well I've been reliably informed by my daughter that they sell Tunnocks tea cakes at the little place she's been to this evening for a Spanish lesson lol Very random!

She must have overheard me asking my husband earlier what he'd vote for, and he confirmed he's a wafer loving sit down to wee man, I've never felt more disappointed. 

I'm going to Iceland tomorrow  (the overseas supermarket, not the country) so I'll report back on Irn Bru. They sell pretty much everything British you can think of, so I'll be surprised if they haven't got it. 

Damn it, I was hoping you couldn't get tunnocks, so we could arrange an international trade deal.

I'd send teacakes, you'd send proper Fanta Limon. It ain't the same over here.

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Very popular in the Middle-East, apparently,  no doubt because the delicious egg mallow makes them Halal. Hurray for Tunnocks!

You could make your own of course:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_marshmallow_60410/amp

I jest, of course. Twenty stages! F*** that sky high, Paul Hollywood

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Very popular in the Middle-East, apparently,  no doubt because the delicious egg mallow makes them Halal. Hurray for Tunnocks!

You could make your own of course:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolate_marshmallow_60410/amp

I jest, of course. Twenty stages! F*** that sky high, Paul Hollywood

If you Google it, there has been a deep fried version. Proper Scottish. 

If anyone knows where they're available, please post in the Chippy thread.

Beats Pea Wet. Even the wafer voters must agree?

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's great that someone has taken this on, because if I were to have a concern about the Tunnocks Teacake it would be if there are enough calories in it

In Scotland, they counteract all those calories by smoking crack.

You never see a chubby crackhead lol

I'm joking, I love Scotland and the people!

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

In Scotland, they counteract all those calories by smoking crack.

You never see a chubby crackhead lol

I'm joking, I love Scotland and the people!

If you're still in the Glasgow area, simply play this loudly with the windows down and soon everyone will definitely be your friend

• Haha 1

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you're still in the Glasgow area, simply play this loudly with the windows down and soon everyone will definitely be your friend

Long gone.

Almost home. Nightmare of a day.

I prefer Glasgow by The Snuts or Catfish and the Bottlemen! 

If anyone needs an impartial referee, I’m here. I have no idea what either product is. I’m assuming that this is a Northern thing that Born Again ee-by-gum Rich is culturally appropriating?

Next week’s scintillating survey: best caps - flat caps or even flatter caps

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

If anyone needs an impartial referee, I’m here. I have no idea what either product is. I’m assuming that this is a Northern thing that Born Again ee-by-gum Rich is culturally appropriating?

Next week’s scintillating survey: best caps - flat caps or even flatter caps

We're asksing what is the best monger, iron, fish, rumour or war? 

0_IM-ALAN-PARTRIDGE-NEW-SERIES (1).jpg