Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Tunnock's

Tunnock's  

149 members have voted

1. 1. The superior product

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

If anyone needs an impartial referee, I’m here. I have no idea what either product is. I’m assuming that this is a Northern thing that Born Again ee-by-gum Rich is culturally appropriating?

Next week’s scintillating survey: best caps - flat caps or even flatter caps

Honestly the implication that I'm anything other than a lifelong, dyed in the wool, committed appreciator of the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer might be the most offensive thing anybody's ever insinuated about me. On here or otherwise. 

It's almost as triggering as the idea that you got to 70 or whatever and still want us to believe you've never had one. 

I bet if we made a thread about Fry's disgusting Chocolate Cremes vs their equally repugnant Turkish Delight you'd be frothing at the mouth because they're appropriately Southern enough for you and your Château du Pape palate. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly the implication that I'm anything other than a lifelong, dyed in the wool, committed appreciator of the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer might be the most offensive thing anybody's ever insinuated about me. On here or otherwise. 

It's almost as triggering as the idea that you got to 70 or whatever and still want us to believe you've never had one. 

I bet if we made a thread about Fry's disgusting Chocolate Cremes vs their equally repugnant Turkish Delight you'd be frothing at the mouth because they're appropriately Southern enough for you and your Château du Pape palate. 

IMG_4001.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

But the Tunnocks Teacake contains a generous helping of proper, gooey but creamy egg mallow - its defining feature that makes it uniquely delicious, and also easy to detect on the face enabling me to identify which £#&ing £#@*er ate the last one.

The filling of a Wagon Wheel is a bad example of that really synthetic, semi solid mallow used in inferior brands of teacake and could just as easily be put to use insulating the roof of an extension. It's not for eating but in fairness you've not claimed that it is.

The other disadvantage of the Wagon Wheel is that it's virtually impossible to eat one without somebody saying that they used to be a lot bigger, leading me to agree and claim that I can remember when they were the size of actual wagon wheels - about 48 inches - taking the conversation in an entirely pointless and unwanted direction

I'm glad that whenever I think I'm in danger of people believing I'm taking a topic too seriously, there's always some other weirdo going further. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Harsh on Frys Turkish Delight IMO

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Harsh on Frys Turkish Delight IMO

Don't get me started on Turkish Delight. I feel like a handful of people got together and decided it would be a great joke to tell everyone they like it. 

Might as well dip a bar of soap in chocolate.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Don't get me started on Turkish Delight. I feel like a handful of people got together and decided it would be a great joke to tell everyone they like it. 

Turkish Delight is grand but the stuff that gets dipped in chocolate is awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I can understand why people don't like it, but it's mighty fine now and then imo. Agreed with @AKCJ that the good turkish delight which is cubed and dipped in icing sugar is better than the mass produced chocolate covered stuff.

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 15/11/2023 at 18:19, Zear0 said:

I'd ask for you to articulate further but you're probably still trying to release your jaw from the clag. 

On 15/11/2023 at 18:52, Finnegan said:

There's always one 

Caramel log is a caramel wafer covered on all sides by toasted coconut. If you can't recognise the genius in that there's something wrong with you.

Edited by Sideshow Faes

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Never heard of the brand.

Thank you. Finally a rational voice of reason and sense. 

I guess it’s because they are all rufty tufty footy fan types and we represent the more refined end of the fan spectrum. I’m prepared to wager that these tea cake things do not appear on a Claridges high tea spread.

• Haha 3

Just now, Daggers said:

Thank you. Finally a rational voice of reason and sense. 

I guess it’s because they are all rufty tufty footy fan types and we represent the more refined end of the fan spectrum. I’m prepared to wager that these tea cake things do not appear on a Claridges high tea spread.

Not sure what Steve Claridge's dinner has to do with any of this tbh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Not sure what Steve Claridge's dinner has to do with any of this tbh. 

See, @Wymsey? Another one of those macho traditional supporter types with the remnants of their half-eaten kebab staining their shirt from the night before; a night of alcohol excess, pugilism, and amorous back alley adventures. A part of me is jealous of their ability to engage in witless excess, but then I have a port by the fire and quickly get over it.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Daggers said:

See, @Wymsey? Another one of those macho traditional supporter types with the remnants of their half-eaten kebab staining their shirt from the night before; a night of alcohol excess, pugilism, and amorous back alley adventures. A part of me is jealous of their ability to engage in witless excess, but then I have a port by the fire and quickly get over it.

Aka real fans. 

• Haha 1