Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Match day car parking....

Hi everyone..

Through a very kind season ticket holder I've managed to get tickets to take my 8 year old autistic grandson to see his first match against QPR!.... although he's now registered with the club on their disabled list I can't seem to get any car parking arrangements sorted out for the day, unless I'm willing/can afford to pay £18!!!!!!!   Can anyone suggest where I could park on the day that isn't quite so extortionate please?

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Hi everyone..

Through a very kind season ticket holder I've managed to get tickets to take my 8 year old autistic grandson to see his first match against QPR!.... although he's now registered with the club on their disabled list I can't seem to get any car parking arrangements sorted out for the day, unless I'm willing/can afford to pay £18!!!!!!!   Can anyone suggest where I could park on the day that isn't quite so extortionate please?

If you can walk down from near the Morrisons there are some charity car parks for about £7 near the Storage facility.

• Like 2

On 26/02/2024 at 12:57, Raj said:

If you can walk down from near the Morrisons there are some charity car parks for about £7 near the Storage facility.

Haven't parked around here for a long time as it used to take hours to get out afterwards. Has anyone noticed this has improved since since they opened up the road on to Saffron Lane?

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Haven't parked around here for a long time as it used to take hours to get out afterwards. Has anyone noticed this has improved since since they opened up the road on to Saffron Lane?

I park at Vicky Park myself or Clarendon Rd as i like the walk- its always rammed going up the hill to Halford's but jutts along okay.

On 26/02/2024 at 09:43, weller54 said:

Hi everyone..

We park in the multi storey at LRI.

Costs about £5.50 I think but does take a while to get out afterwards.

Only a 10 min walk max to the ground

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Izzy said:

We park in the multi storey at LRI.

Costs about £5.50 I think but does take a while to get out afterwards.

Only a 10 min walk max to the ground

What's LRI?

Thanks for the tip though, if you have a postcode that would be handy?

Edited by weller54

• 3 weeks later...

Taking my little daughter to Leicester ladies tomorrow, usually park off Hinckley Rd with my son but as there'll only be a few thousand tomorrow is there anywhere close by to the ground I could whack it that anyone would recommend?

Cheers

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Taking my little daughter to Leicester ladies tomorrow, usually park off Hinckley Rd with my son but as there'll only be a few thousand tomorrow is there anywhere close by to the ground I could whack it that anyone would recommend?

Cheers

If you aim for somewhere like Bruce Street or Sheffield Street (off Narborough Road) there is ample street parking free on Sunday's. Probably as short a walk as you get if wanting to park for free.

• 4 weeks later...

Not driven in a long time to the ground on Match Day but I managed to get a ticket 🎫 for my brother, he’s coming up the M1 I’m coming down M1 and I wondered if anyone had any tips for car parking with possibly a post code so we can meet

up ? 

2 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Not driven in a long time to the ground on Match Day but I managed to get a ticket 🎫 for my brother, he’s coming up the M1 I’m coming down M1 and I wondered if anyone had any tips for car parking with possibly a post code so we can meet

up ? 

Sent you a message

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grth2004 said:

up ? 

Hospital car park, there is always plenty of space 

• Like 2

Having had my wife in the LRI for a month and finding it hard to park at times I find it quite odd people use their car park for the match. I’m not having a go I just wouldn’t myself 

• Like 3