Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

46 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Uh-huh

Find me 6 or 7 Enzo Out threads on Gravyandhovistalk or whatever their forum's called.

Everyone's disappointed. Frustrated. The lot. But the guy's having his first bad run as a boss. Whilst we're still in there fighting he's got my support to turn it round. Calling for the manager's head after a defeat makes us look so entitled. Tinpot actually.

Mate its ludicrous to think he would be replaced its just not going to happen, at this stage, its everyone's coping mechanism to want it.

Regardless of what anyone thinks the performances and form has dropped of a cliff and there are alot of pissed off Foxes about, Enzo had done ok with what he has we are where we should be with the squad and facilities, for me if we want to be pushing, and showing we belong in the Prem (which we do) he has to be doing better as a manager, I'm not saying we should be winning as that's entitled to say so but it's the actual performances, and lack of using the players available, which is unforgivable his pig headedness is really not making me like him, had we fought harder and shook things up a bit after Millwall and still lost I'd be feeling a bit better than I am.

If you fully support him fair enough, I respect that, but to have ago at everyone that doesn't and bracket them all as moaning is wrong in my opinion.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Hypothetical question. Let’s say we now go on to win the league, with Enzo as a manger. Although it feels unlikely at the moment, we all know form can change so quickly.

So if you’ve voted Out now, and in a few weeks we are promoted, would you change your mind, or would you sack the manager who leads us to promotion?

Not looking to pick a fight, just interested in your perspective.

People hate him for the style and cannot see past their own biases to look at the table, that and he isn’t an idealised imagined version of Pearson

Plus carrying pitchforks and shouting is good fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Your last two posts tell people they are “actually pathetic”, “absolutely embarrassing” and “entitled”. It’s good that you haven’t overreacted at all 😂😂. Unlike those people you allude to, who are disappointed and angry that their club has meekly surrendered a 15 point gap, and now, (if they can’t turn things around rapidly), potentially faces a transfer embargo, a points deduction, the likely sale of any player worth keeping, potentially an extended period in footballing oblivion …… whilst being asked to watch a style of football that is exceptionally dull. Heaven forbid that those embarrassing/pathetic/entitled types dare to voice their displeasure with this state of affairs. 

That's not what this is though is it? 

It's a thread with many calling for the sacking of the Manager a few games before the end of the season who has us in a position the majority, if not all, of us would have bitten your hand off for at the start of the summer. This club was, and still is in many areas, in utter disarray. Quite frankly he's done a good job already turning us around from where we were to where we are now.

You think my response is an overreaction and yet the majority of the posts in here are along the lines of "get him gone" and even phrases such as "fraud" etc etc...

Yes, like many, I'm devastated we've let the lead slip. However, resorting to "sack the manager" jibes and the other embarrassing sentiment I've seen on here IS pathetic. That's my opinion and I really don't think it's an overreaction. We've become an extremely entitled fanbase, disappointingly, and to some extent I think the vocal dissatisfaction with the style, even when storming the league, has had some contribution to our current position. Notwithstanding some strange decisions recently and the turmoil off the pitch.

Maresca is a young manager, it was always the risk that he could show inexperience and make poor decisions at times. He's been frustrating of late but calling for the sacking of him is just plain daft and not constructive in any way

So yes, I will maintain that this thread is 100% embarrassing, entitled and pathetic. Much like elements of the fanbase who couldn't wait for us to hit a sticky patch and dig into the manager and the team!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can see why people defend him, but you can't defend not using the squad, not changing the tactics when needing a win, persisting with the same players making mistake after mistake every game.

The football seems to have gotten worse the longer he's here.

God help us if we fail to beat WBA next weekend.

Why? You hear the whole ‘use the squad’ cry wielded like a magic wand with zero basis. Maybe it would improve things, maybe it makes it even worse. Now it feels worth a try, certainly with Faes, but suggesting it is a sure thing is not certain, and the guy who see’s them most is possibly in a better spot to judge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

A club serious about winning would have a new manager today. Plain and simple. 

Does this look like a serious club of late?  lol

In serious trouble maybe.

• Like 1

He's too much of a big head.

We need a change ASAP!

Promotions in my life:-

.O Farnell Irish
Wallace Scottish 
Little English
O Neil Irish
M adams English
Pearson English

Have i missed one Milne
No perhaps British managers have  a  better handle on promotion requirements ?

10 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

A club serious about winning would have a new manager today. Plain and simple. 

Deary me.

Which serial winner are we going to bring in right now?

Jose? Zidane? Conte?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why? You hear the whole ‘use the squad’ cry wielded like a magic wand with zero basis. Maybe it would improve things, maybe it makes it even worse. Now it feels worth a try, certainly with Faes, but suggesting it is a sure thing is not certain, and the guy who see’s them most is possibly in a better spot to judge.

Can’t say the players are tired, he’s worried about their health then make 2 subs. 

He‘s got the best or maybe 2nd best squad in the league, no excuses not to use players like Coady, Cannon and Albrighton more than he currently does. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

That's not what this is though is it? 

It's a thread with many calling for the sacking of the Manager a few games before the end of the season who has us in a position the majority, if not all, of us would have bitten your hand off for at the start of the summer. This club was, and still is in many areas, in utter disarray. Quite frankly he's done a good job already turning us around from where we were to where we are now.

You think my response is an overreaction and yet the majority of the posts in here are along the lines of "get him gone" and even phrases such as "fraud" etc etc...

Yes, like many, I'm devastated we've let the lead slip. However, resorting to "sack the manager" jibes and the other embarrassing sentiment I've seen on here IS pathetic. That's my opinion and I really don't think it's an overreaction. We've become an extremely entitled fanbase, disappointingly, and to some extent I think the vocal dissatisfaction with the style, even when storming the league, has had some contribution to our current position. Notwithstanding some strange decisions recently and the turmoil off the pitch.

Maresca is a young manager, it was always the risk that he could show inexperience and make poor decisions at times. He's been frustrating of late but calling for the sacking of him is just plain daft and not constructive in any way

So yes, I will maintain that this thread is 100% embarrassing, entitled and pathetic. Much like elements of the fanbase who couldn't wait for us to hit a sticky patch and dig into the manager and the team!

Lots of points I kind of agree with. All walks of life have people who are more keen to be ‘proved right’ over their starting premise than ever they  are to achieve the targets that would probably make them happier. 😂🤷. Each to their own. And yes, there’s a lot of that in here,  around every manager. He has indeed saved the club from the free-fall that looked a real possibility in July. Hats off to the man for that. But, for me, I don’t think the ‘sack him’ noises have any basis in reality as we simply couldn’t afford to do that without risking even more dire consequences. But the debate over the remaining games is completely valid. What’s done is done. And gone. But it feels like a momentous  few games coming up and the fact that 75% of people who could be arsed to vote on a different thread feel that our odds of getting the desired outcome with someone different at the helm is a massive insight into the stage of the union. And not one that’s easily dismissed as entitlement, for me. 🤷👍

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can’t say the players are tired, he’s worried about their health then make 2 subs. 

He‘s got the best or maybe 2nd best squad in the league, no excuses not to use players like Coady, Cannon and Albrighton more than he currently does. 

Think you are stuck in a loop utilising one opinion as a fact to justify another, each one reinforcing the next- looks tiring. 

4 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Lots of points I kind of agree with. All walks of life have people who are more keen to be ‘proved right’ over their starting premise than ever they  are to achieve the targets that would probably make them happier. 😂🤷. Each to their own. And yes, there’s a lot of that in here,  around every manager. He has indeed saved the club from the free-fall that looked a real possibility in July. Hats off to the man for that. But, for me, I don’t think the ‘sack him’ noises have any basis in reality as we simply couldn’t afford to do that without risking even more dire consequences. But the debate over the remaining games is completely valid. What’s done is done. And gone. But it feels like a momentous  few games coming up and the fact that 75% of people who could be arsed to vote on a different thread feel that our odds of getting the desired outcome with someone different at the helm is a massive insight into the stage of the union. And not one that’s easily dismissed as entitlement, for me. 🤷👍

I get that but at the same time that kind of thinking is based in absolutely zero reality.

How does bringing someone in for 4 games guarantee a better result or position. It’s more likely to disrupt the team yet further. The team are clearly playing for the manager and have adopted the style, it’s just not worked out of late.

They don’t look like a team that needs a new manager but one that is bereft of confidence in front of goal. Yes, the manager can have some input in that respect and I think he could and should be doing more to bring about that change. However, it’s just beyond illogical to be demanding a new man in charge now given where we are.

As fans we just need to back the team last few games and help them over the line. Ask the hard questions and dig in to them when the football is over and done this season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Keep cheering on the mediocrity. 🙄

If you think I’ve cheered the last few weeks you’re sorely mistaken.

Your statement about a “winning” mentality meaning change the manager with a few games to go is just based in absolutely no reality or practicality whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

If you think I’ve cheered the last few weeks you’re sorely mistaken.

Your statement about a “winning” mentality meaning change the manager with a few games to go is just based in absolutely no reality or practicality whatsoever.

You’re right. It’s much better to continue running out the same person who has zero ability to make any changes to his system, which has unquestionably been figured out and has also left our players feeling completely devoid of any creativity or ability to score. 

I guess we’ll just “hope” ourselves to the finish line. That worked out brilliantly for us the last few years. 

2 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

I get that but at the same time that kind of thinking is based in absolutely zero reality.

How does bringing someone in for 4 games guarantee a better result or position. It’s more likely to disrupt the team yet further. The team are clearly playing for the manager and have adopted the style, it’s just not worked out of late.

They don’t look like a team that needs a new manager but one that is bereft of confidence in front of goal. Yes, the manager can have some input in that respect and I think he could and should be doing more to bring about that change. However, it’s just beyond illogical to be demanding a new man in charge now given where we are.

As fans we just need to back the team last few games and help them over the line. Ask the hard questions and dig in to them when the football is over and done this season.

I don’t think it’s that black and white. The players look like they don’t have a modicum of flair,  innovation or maybe even confidence. Maybe they’ve heard all they can about this style. It happens to all leaders - people reach saturation point and growth plateaus. It’s not unique to footy. Maybe a fresh voice, a different accent to our game might provide a freshness to our play, alrhiugh we all know it’s never going to happen. There are no guarantees, though; you’re right there. But it applies to Maresca, as well - there is no guarantee he can fix this. And right now, it looks unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I don’t think it’s that black and white. The players look like they don’t have a modicum of flair,  innovation or maybe even confidence. Maybe they’ve heard all they can about this style. It happens to all leaders - people reach saturation point and growth plateaus. It’s not unique to footy. Maybe a fresh voice, a different accent to our game might provide a freshness to our play, alrhiugh we all know it’s never going to happen. There are no guarantees, though; you’re right there. But it applies to Maresca, as well - there is no guarantee he can fix this. And right now, it looks unlikely. 

To some extent I understand that.

However, look at the rest of the results. Leeds and Ipswich both consistently fluffing their lines too. Granted, we started from a much higher base.

However with the end of the season nearing it seems those in the mid-lower portion of the league have really switched on and upped their game. The threat of relegation has really given them a rocket and they are defending for their lives and playing better than ever, such as Millwall and Plymouth this week for us. Those teams seem to have temporarily narrowed the gap in terms of quality through pure desire and desperation. It’s frustrating we haven’t been able to unpick two poor teams but it’s not just us facing this problem. 

Anyway, we all want Leicester to get there in the end (most of us anyway) and I am just flabbergasted at the “sack the manager” line and insults thrown about here.

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We stuck with Rodgers for too long, we don’t want to make the same mistake 

There are four games left. Smith got eight and barely anything changed. It would be insane to replace him now, especially as chances are getting created which the players aren't putting away. Maresca deserves a lot of criticism for Daka and Faes still starting but a sacking is completely overboard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

You’re right. It’s much better to continue running out the same person who has zero ability to make any changes to his system, which has unquestionably been figured out and has also left our players feeling completely devoid of any creativity or ability to score. 

I guess we’ll just “hope” ourselves to the finish line. That worked out brilliantly for us the last few years. 

“Running out the same person”.

As if he’s on a game by game contract and we have a ready made replacement who will win us the last few games rather than a manager who has worked with these players all season to largely impressive results.

It’s not “hoping” ourselves over the line it’s working with what is realistic and possible. 

It’s a case of backing the team in the real circumstances of 4 games to play with everything to play for still and everything in our hands, not crying for the manager to be sacked and some unknown or magical messiah to take the helm and guide us to glory…