Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

2 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

What to piss the league with a mid prem squad? I think we did.

It's not a mid Prem squad. It got relegated meekly then had 12 players sold/given away. None of the other players we brought in were even being sniffed at by actual mid-Prem sides

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Nonsense. The crowd helped us win v Norwich and Brum precisely because they encouraged the players to bum off the manager's tactics. 

He's a disgrace. Philosophy over pragmqtiam.and points. He's playing roulette with our future. That attitude is shameful, pure and simple. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm all for roaring on the players. They need us. He doesn't. He needs hounding out of the club. Not personal. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But he's dangerous for the club and needs turfing out. 

These two comments are laughable, they make you seem like a total lunatic and then you say they're not personal 😂 Wanting someone hounded out of the club isn't personal?

We're in exactly the same position of Leeds who -after dropping 10 points from 21 to dross like Hudds, Watford and Blackburn - aren't even questioning Farke because they know this league better than us. Pressure and tension gets to everyone. Sadly it's got to our fans and they're wailing like spoilt kids.

For the people saying this is like Rodgers, it's fxxx all like Rodgers. He'd been here 4 years and bolloxed up a squad from top end contenders to bottom end failures. This guy has had 9 months in his first big job. He's made mistakes but FML the over-reaction on here is absolutely nuts. If you don't like being called pathetic then stop acting pathetically. We're in no position to fire anyone even if we weren't still in a promotion spot. We used to laugh at fans of other clubs who kicked off like this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Maybe they will if they’d thrown away a 12+ point lead at top and lost to shit like Bristol City, QPR, Millwall and Plymouth all while playing robotic tactics and having no flexibility to change shape or formation. 

They've just thrown away 10 in 7 games to the likes of Hudds, Watford and Blackburn.

19 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He'll be followed by Farke when Leeds start asking for him to be fired as well?

Oh no that's right, Leeds fans seem to have a bit of perspective.

Oh that’s right, they are just at the start of their bad run after a long winning streak 

Here’s an honesty moment… I voted Enzo out last night… because I was absolutely fuming with what I’ve seen. 

but finnegans post is spot on, and the fact that everyone disagreeing is stating how unacceptable the last 10 GAMES have been has really just confirmed how accurate the post is. 

its 10 games…. At the worst possible time, granted…. But it’s 10 games. 

no doubt he has a lot to learn and I think actually most agree on his shortcomings, let’s all hope (however likely or unlikely you think it is) that we drag this one over the line, for the sake of the future of our club.  

• Like 3

I'm still in, depends what happens till the end of the season. The difference for me is that Brendan was an experienced manager who hadn't improved on his shortcomings from 5 years earlier at Liverpool. Maresca is still new to being a manager and is essentially learning on the job with us. Also unlike Rodgers, Maresca seems to have an idea of what players are suitable to play his style ie winks at DM, Hermansen in goal, Fatawu and Mavididi on the wings. Rodgers tried to play out of the back with Schmeichel in goal and Ndidi at DM which almost never worked.

Just now, Hinckleyfox said:

Here’s an honesty moment… I voted Enzo out last night… because I was absolutely fuming with what I’ve seen. 

but finnegans post is spot on, and the fact that everyone disagreeing is stating how unacceptable the last 10 GAMES have been has really just confirmed how accurate the post is. 

its 10 games…. At the worst possible time, granted…. But it’s 10 games. 

no doubt he has a lot to learn and I think actually most agree on his shortcomings, let’s all hope (however likely or unlikely you think it is) that we drag this one over the line, for the sake of the future of our club.  

It’s 10 games that have highlighted his one dimensional style of play and lack of squad rotation. It’s not just the results that are the concern.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s 10 games that have highlighted his one dimensional style of play and lack of squad rotation. It’s not just the results that are the concern.

I do get that, and I had concerns before the 10 games, but let’s take the romance out of the situation, if we go up on goal difference on the last day it’s job done. And calling for the managers head now is not going to make that any more likely. 

I can’t say I’m happy with how we’re playing, I’m not. I think enzo has absolutely got to change his attitude to rotation and using different systems. But how many people go in to jobs knowing everything and not making mistakes? We all learn on the job and he’s no different. If he was the finished product, he wouldn’t be managing Leicester for a start. 

I just don’t get the BR comparisons, that was a 2 year demise. We’re not there yet, thankfully .  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Not according to my mates (Leeds fans) they're at the same levels of dissapointment as we are.

Uh-huh

Find me 6 or 7 Enzo Out threads on Gravyandhovistalk or whatever their forum's called.

Everyone's disappointed. Frustrated. The lot. But the guy's having his first bad run as a boss. Whilst we're still in there fighting he's got my support to turn it round. Calling for the manager's head after a defeat makes us look so entitled. Tinpot actually.

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry, let me try again so I can avoid the censor. 

Fine - I don't think many others did. 

I’d need to fish it out to be honest there were some polls done ages ago, can’t remember the results 

27 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He'll be followed by Farke when Leeds start asking for him to be fired as well?

Oh no that's right, Leeds fans seem to have a bit of perspective.

They've had multiple instances this season of calling for his head lmao 

5 minutes ago, Hinckleyfox said:

I do get that, and I had concerns before the 10 games, but let’s take the romance out of the situation, if we go up on goal difference on the last day it’s job done. And calling for the managers head now is not going to make that any more likely. 

I can’t say I’m happy with how we’re playing, I’m not. I think enzo has absolutely got to change his attitude to rotation and using different systems. But how many people go in to jobs knowing everything and not making mistakes? We all learn on the job and he’s no different. If he was the finished product, he wouldn’t be managing Leicester for a start. 

I just don’t get the BR comparisons, that was a 2 year demise. We’re not there yet, thankfully .  

Let’s hope the next game we see some fresh faces because the majority of starting 11 don’t deserve to keep their place, when there are options available and I don’t want to hear they are not good enough at this level 

Edited by HankMarvin

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Uh-huh

Find me 6 or 7 Enzo Out threads on Gravyandhovistalk or whatever their forum's called.

Everyone's disappointed. Frustrated. The lot. But the guy's having his first bad run as a boss. Whilst we're still in there fighting he's got my support to turn it round. Calling for the manager's head after a defeat makes us look so entitled. Tinpot actually.

No mate they want him to stay they don’t want us to go up, you won’t find much objecting on their boards

57 minutes ago, Mark said:

It's not just 10 games, we've not actually been that convincing in many games, teams sat off us and let us have our way with them for half of it. I'd had enough around the start of the year and didn't find many of the wins enjoyable before that, mainly due to

• The kickoff routine between the inverted full back and Winks.
  • The same walking and patterns of play from the back, get the ball to the winger and hope he does something but more often than not we'll recycle the ball back to the centre backs and try the same on the other side.
  • Passing the ball out to Winks with a player right on his back, losing the ball and somehow avoiding conceding (until recently).
  • Ndidi trying to play as a number 8 when he can barely control a football or complete a pass, has no natural instincts in that position.
  • The inverted full back wasting Ricardo when he could support the winger and what a threat Ricardo and Fatawu could be. Ricardo could even play as an 8 instead of Ndidi but we can’t utilise either because of this fixation he has with the invert. It's crippling us at both ends.
  • Playing Mavididi every match no matter how bad he's been and horrible his body language is on the pitch. This lowers expectations of players and team performances get worse.
  • Choudhury rewarded with the captaincy.
  • Like for like subs, refusal to alter anything to find a way back into a match.
  • The style of play being so lackadaisical and he wonders why the fans are not fully on board with his way.
  • The manager flapping his arms about desperate to calm the players down at the first sign of excitement or tenacity in our play, just seems oblivious to the problems but even if not, he's openly said he won't change anything.

Surely as the manager you have to manage, not just sit back and allow the team to repeat the same mistakes over and over. I think the last 3/4 years have made fans more aware what's happening now, on here anyway. It's not just a dip in form for us. We take it to the extreme and no one at the club does anything so the worst just ends up happening.

I think I covered this on my reply to Hank Marvin but yeah, can’t say I disagree. I’ve felt all season like I’ve just been eating for us to click in to gear and start zipping it around.  But like most while the results were coming, I wasn’t too bothered. I still maintain if we get out the league I’m not THAT bothered how. Enzo needs to be more adaptable and his stubbornness is what will hold him back.  Let’s hope he’s learning.  

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s hope the next game we see some fresh faces because the majority of starting 11 don’t deserve to keep their place, when their are options available and I don’t want to hear they are not good enough at this level 

100%. Mcateer, cannon and wanya have been good enough at other points so why not now? And coady had to come in for faes. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Oh that’s right, they are just at the start of their bad run after a long winning streak 

Dropping 10 pts from 21 isn't the start of a bad run is it? It is a bad run. Their fans just know this division better and areote realistic. We're spoilt and part of me wants a nightmare couple of years down here so a few more of our fanbase get their perspective back.

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Uh-huh

It’s not so much the defeats because I do think there’s been a few in there we haven’t deserved to lose. It’s the stubbornness, the bizarre decisions, the persisting with something that isn’t working. It’s costing us 

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Dropping 10 pts from 21 isn't the start of a bad run is it? It is a bad run. Their fans just know this division better and areote realistic. We're spoilt and part of me wants a nightmare couple of years down here so a few more of our fanbase get their perspective back.

They have lost 2 games in their last 18 and went on a winning run of 13 wins and 2 draws. Do you think maybe that has brought Farke a bit of time 

Edited by HankMarvin

Post match Enzo has repeatedly said how pleased he has been for sticking to the style he demands. That has been his position. win, lose or draw. That’s fine when the system yields decent results but it hasn’t  for over 10 games now and there were signs that the wheels were coming off before that. Any durable coach has to be flexible and creative and those traits are lacking in Enzo on recent evidence. 

35 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's not a mid Prem squad. It got relegated meekly then had 12 players sold/given away. None of the other players we brought in were even being sniffed at by actual mid-Prem sides

These two comments are laughable, they make you seem like a total lunatic and then you say they're not personal 😂 Wanting someone hounded out of the club isn't personal?

We're in exactly the same position of Leeds who -after dropping 10 points from 21 to dross like Hudds, Watford and Blackburn - aren't even questioning Farke because they know this league better than us. Pressure and tension gets to everyone. Sadly it's got to our fans and they're wailing like spoilt kids.

For the people saying this is like Rodgers, it's fxxx all like Rodgers. He'd been here 4 years and bolloxed up a squad from top end contenders to bottom end failures. This guy has had 9 months in his first big job. He's made mistakes but FML the over-reaction on here is absolutely nuts. If you don't like being called pathetic then stop acting pathetically. We're in no position to fire anyone even if we weren't still in a promotion spot. We used to laugh at fans of other clubs who kicked off like this.

Agree 100% our toxic fanbase will be to blame if we're not promoted. They've hit the panic button big time and created the negative atmosphere instead of supporting.

• Haha 2

I can see why people defend him, but you can't defend not using the squad, not changing the tactics when needing a win, persisting with the same players making mistake after mistake every game.

The football seems to have gotten worse the longer he's here.

God help us if we fail to beat WBA next weekend.

• Like 1