Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

2 hours ago, Sly said:

If we go up, we are coming back down. 

We basically need to build a team, to come back up again.

Reality is, that we aren’t in great shape! 

Yes, but we'll be in even worse shape if we don't get promoted this season. 

After their recent humiliation the EFL will through the book at us.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

most likely player to score though given the chance

This is true, he is likely to score more than other strikers given chances, but I feel he is no longer as productive to wider team as once he was.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is true, he is likely to score more than other strikers given chances, but I feel he is no longer as productive to wider team as once he was.

Oi 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Unfortunately if we watch all games, most forwards do. 

I’ve listened to the @BSLBPod and they were talking about how we should have been 2-0 against Leeds. In reality,  Leeds missed a few chances themselves. 

Football swings in games and I think in reality,  players miss chances. 

I think what I'm trying to suggest, perhaps not very eloquently, can Enzo be blamed for poor on pitch decision making, whether it be missing chances, lapses of concentration defence, slow tempo, poor pressing etc. What I would like to see is some of the out of form players being rotated more often. Unfortunately, Enzo has a system that he stubbornly believes in and I can't see him trying an alternative way of playing with different players in the 4 remaining matches. Let's hope more of our guilt edge chances are taken over the remaining games. 

54 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Unsurprisingly the the majority of the raging and voting happened within a couple of hours of Friday  nights shitshow performance.

Enzo is far from beyond reproach or criticism,  however , how much of this angst and vitriol is born out of toy throwing due to 'twitchy arse' syndrome? 

He's a rookie manager in England and took over a team stripped of confidence after relegation and has started a process. 

Not liking a playing style and getting mardy over results at a twitchy time of the season, where crazy results often happen , in his first season where he can still secure the main objective is daft as is the poll imho. 

UTC 👊🦊

Stop being so bloody rational mate!

Geeeerrrrimoooot!

😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Unsurprisingly the the majority of the raging and voting happened within a couple of hours of Friday  nights shitshow performance.

Enzo is far from beyond reproach or criticism,  however , how much of this angst and vitriol is born out of toy throwing due to 'twitchy arse' syndrome? 

He's a rookie manager in England and took over a team stripped of confidence after relegation and has started a process. 

Not liking a playing style and getting mardy over results at a twitchy time of the season, where crazy results often happen , in his first season where he can still secure the main objective is daft as is the poll imho. 

UTC 👊🦊

People would be far more understanding of dropping points if he didn't continue to make the same mistakes week in week out. Starting Daka, starting Faes, ignoring Coady and Albrighton, making subs too late, refusing to play with 2 strikers. The list could go on. Leicester aren't the only team buckling under the pressure as we have seen but my god he doesn't help himself.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

UTC 👊🦊

I hear what you are saying...but I've been making my feelings known of my dislike of EnzoBall way before Friday's horror show.

He's a rookie manager...ok. But that didn't seem to bother or affect him (or others) when we were doing the business at the beginning of the season. 

I think the disgruntlement has been bubbling for a little longer then a week IMO, but some have kept quiet after seeing how some posters willing to call EnzoBall out have been told how wrong they are, that that have no idea about football and are just being lazy as they don't understand 'the idea" etc.etc.

Friday, for quite a few by the looks of it, was finally the straw that broke the camels back..

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

UTC 👊🦊

Sensible post

however when have City fans ever been sensible (myself included) 😂

22 hours ago, Dusty said:

I think a lot of this is fair tbh. I dont think he is a great fit for this squad of players, and the fact he has stuck to his way of playing has really highlighted his stubbornness and the players lack of ability. That said, some of the football he’s got us playing has been fantastic at times, but we’ve really struggled against teams that just sit back, which hopefully won’t happen if we get to the prem. 

When teams press us we have struggled as well.  Just a different struggle, when they sit back we struggle to score but might be assure of a draw at least.  When they come at us, we have **** the bed and lost games.

I have never understood these comments he would somehow not have problems in the EPL, teams would press us as a unit, we would end up passing to them whilst trying to tip tap it around the defenders and keeper, and probably concede 20-30 goals over the season this way.

Remember all those early one goal victories which seem to have been conveniently forgotten?  How would those have gone if the chances the opposition had fell to a EPL quality player.  In many of those games we gave away glaring chances to the opposition which were fluffed.  The way we have been setup, we would be destroyed in the EPL, and of course as Burnley have found out its not working out for them, and thats for a manager who did actually manage to dominate this division.

Where I do agree with you, is the squad is a misfit for the manager, and considering we dont have the means to rebuild the squad it makes it a bad appointment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

When teams press us we have struggled as well.  Just a different struggle, when they sit back we struggle to score but might be assure of a draw at least.  When they come at us, we have **** the bed and lost games.

I have never understood these comments he would somehow not have problems in the EPL, teams would press us as a unit, we would end up passing to them whilst trying to tip tap it around the defenders and keeper, and probably concede 20-30 goals over the season this way.

Remember all those early one goal victories which seem to have been conveniently forgotten?  How would those have gone if the chances the opposition had fell to a EPL quality player.  In many of those games we gave away glaring chances to the opposition which were fluffed.  The way we have been setup, we would be destroyed in the EPL, and of course as Burnley have found out its not working out for them, and thats for a manager who did actually manage to dominate this division.

Where I do agree with you, is the squad is a misfit for the manager, and considering we dont have the means to rebuild the squad it makes it a bad appointment.

I disagree with most of that in all honesty. All the teams have qualified mangers and coaches and performance analysts who decide how they should play against us, you can’t really believe that none of them thought of pressing us? They decided against it because they thought the best chance was to sit back. And that’s worked for some clubs but not worked for a lot more. We’ struggle in the prem no doubt about it, but they’d definitely be benefits of not having to break down a really low block every single game. Burnley have been found out because they’re a terrible team, there’s next to no prem players in that side at all and it’s the same with Luton and Sheffield and that’s why all 3 are in the relegation zone. 

Most people on here seem to struggle with being impartial and you either have to hate Enzo or love him. Overall he’s done a decent job, lots of us thought we’d really struggle this year and for 6 months of it, it was a walk in the park. No doubt we’re underperforming at the moment and if we don’t get promoted this year then it will be a failure on his part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I do think the overriding problem is that City MUST get promoted to have a chance of sustaining any sort of genuine hope of challenging the greedy 6 again 

That ship has so obviously sailed. We MUST get promoted so that we don’t end up in league one/two in the next few years because we’d be starting from square one next season, with a points deduction. We have the financial resource to put a good squad together provided we get rid of our biggest earners but it’ll take time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I disagree with most of that in all honesty. All the teams have qualified mangers and coaches and performance analysts who decide how they should play against us, you can’t really believe that none of them thought of pressing us? They decided against it because they thought the best chance was to sit back. And that’s worked for some clubs but not worked for a lot more. We’ struggle in the prem no doubt about it, but they’d definitely be benefits of not having to break down a really low block every single game. Burnley have been found out because they’re a terrible team, there’s next to no prem players in that side at all and it’s the same with Luton and Sheffield and that’s why all 3 are in the relegation zone. 

Most people on here seem to struggle with being impartial and you either have to hate Enzo or love him. Overall he’s done a decent job, lots of us thought we’d really struggle this year and for 6 months of it, it was a walk in the park. No doubt we’re underperforming at the moment and if we don’t get promoted this year then it will be a failure on his part. 

The better teams didnt just sit back, until of course they were winning the game and only had to hold on to the lead.

Bear in mind a press doesnt need to be a constant press, it can just be when its at its most effective, e.g. the goal that Mads conceded a couple of games ago, he was pressed and the play was fluffed by ourselves.

The way to beat Enzo is to press whilst we tip tapping, an error will then grant them the ball and can score from it, another way is end of games when the team tires out and mentally implodes.  It seems its also now quite easy to prevent us scoring as the attacking is laboured and predictable.

Edited by Chrysalis

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That ship has so obviously sailed. We MUST get promoted so that we don’t end up in league one/two in the next few years because we’d be starting from square one next season, with a points deduction. We have the financial resource to put a good squad together provided we get rid of our biggest earners but it’ll take time.

Totally get where you and others are coming from and in the immediate future totally agree

however longer term we must still aim to bloody the nose of the establishment and the greedy 6 imho or why bother at all?

This is crazy!

He inherited a team with Financial issues, got a lot more cash in than he spent, had to pick a side up from its backside after challenging from Champions league football to relegation, losing stars like Barnes and Madders on the way. He gets us in a position to go back up at the first attempt and three quarters of the fan base according to this poll want him out LOL!

It just shows how delusional many of our fans are, our how many feel so entitled. It also makes me chuckle that Vards, Daka, Fatawu, Mavidi, KDH, all guilty of some shocking decisions in the final third whether its by passing on chances missed are forgiven and Enzo is the scapegoat LOL!

Im not saying Enzo is perfect (I would play Cannon instead of Daka and Coady for Faes) but had he played Cannon more or even Coady, who is to say we wouldnt have been 5th in the league not 2nd with a game in hand?

BTW, I wonder if Leeds want Farke out?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

BTW, I wonder if Leeds want Farke out?

They didn't blow a seventeen point lead over us though, in the space of a mere 12 weeks. 

Other than that, I agree entirely with the rest of your post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

They didn't blow a seventeen point lead over us though, in the space of a mere 12 weeks. 

Other than that, I agree entirely with the rest of your post. 

We earnt that lead though, and for a huge portion of it Ipswich were on our tails still.  People speak like a lead was handed to us on a plate. And then Leeds went on their own pretty substantial run.  Up until Blackburn they hadn't lost at home all season.

Our points total so far would already have been enough to get promoted in many other seasons. 

Our 5 game form now has us ahead of Leeds who have forgotten how to score and win as well.

Im still confident we can get this over the line. The Norwich and Birmingham games were great.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We earnt that lead though, and for a huge portion of it Ipswich were on our tails still.  People speak like a lead was handed to us on a plate. And then Leeds went on their own pretty substantial run.  Up until Blackburn they hadn't lost at home all season.

We did earn it, and no "it wasn't handed on a plate". I'm not sure anyone would disagree with that. I was purely referring to squandering it, that's all and in terms of the post that I responded to, pointing out that the comparison with Leeds fans and Farke was an invalid one. 

23 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

UTC 👊🦊

If it's a "process", would you be confident getting promoted next season if we didn't go up this season? Becasue Enzo would have had more time to instal the vision, the "process" has progressed, so we should be in a better spot no? 

23 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

UTC 👊🦊

Nah, he's frustrated me all season, even when we were cruising at the top, the football was an utter borefest.

The situation we are in currently is a real make or break season. It's not a season for peps flosser to use us as an experiment.

Get him gone.