Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

This is crazy!

He inherited a team with Financial issues, got a lot more cash in than he spent, had to pick a side up from its backside after challenging from Champions league football to relegation, losing stars like Barnes and Madders on the way. He gets us in a position to go back up at the first attempt and three quarters of the fan base according to this poll want him out LOL!

It just shows how delusional many of our fans are, our how many feel so entitled. It also makes me chuckle that Vards, Daka, Fatawu, Mavidi, KDH, all guilty of some shocking decisions in the final third whether its by passing on chances missed are forgiven and Enzo is the scapegoat LOL!

Im not saying Enzo is perfect (I would play Cannon instead of Daka and Coady for Faes) but had he played Cannon more or even Coady, who is to say we wouldnt have been 5th in the league not 2nd with a game in hand?

BTW, I wonder if Leeds want Farke out?

The end result always lie with the manager 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpacedX said:

They didn't blow a seventeen point lead over us though, in the space of a mere 12 weeks. 

Other than that, I agree entirely with the rest of your post. 

Mate, if the season was 20 or 30 games, I`d agree with you. If every horse or dog that lead half way around the track won, we would all be millionaires as it will be easier to predict. However, even if we only draw our game in hand, it means we are top with 3 games to go. Surely you would have taken that?

I remember chatting with my brother after our sales, and some that came in who had big question marks over them (Winks, Mavidi, Cannon etc) and also the manager, completely untested. I did say, we would take the play-offs and a reset, hopefully blooding some youths and unearthing some gems. 

Lets hope that all our fans at home get behind the team as the simple equation is we win the 3 home games we go up, regardless

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guppys Love Child said:

I hear what you are saying...but I've been making my feelings known of my dislike of EnzoBall way before Friday's horror show.

He's a rookie manager...ok. But that didn't seem to bother or affect him (or others) when we were doing the business at the beginning of the season. 

I think the disgruntlement has been bubbling for a little longer then a week IMO, but some have kept quiet after seeing how some posters willing to call EnzoBall out have been told how wrong they are, that that have no idea about football and are just being lazy as they don't understand 'the idea" etc.etc.

Friday, for quite a few by the looks of it, was finally the straw that broke the camels back..

Maybe we should throw blame at the board instead as this is the style they want to play hence employing Enzo.

I think the frustration has built up from Puel, then Rodgers and now Enzo playing in a similar fashion.

36 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

The end result always lie with the manager 

And the manager has taken us to the brink of promotion.

Im still not sure why people like yourself believe that when we release/sell/loan 7 first teamers, Leeds let 2 go (3 including Harrison's loan, 4 if you include Sinistra) and bought in decent players, whilst Southampton let 6 high profile players go and thats why they have struggled believe that we havent had a good season.

I may be in the minority and I get people feel its gone Pete Tong due to the 6 losses in 10 but I think the season, cup run and overall strides we have made with all them sales, upheaval behind the scenes, new manager and system/personal changes has been a relative success. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

The end result always lie with the manager board.

Fixed it for you.

Not going to vote until the season is finished. If we fail to get promoted then he has to go.

Even with all the back ground noise and troubles, we have enough quality to go up. So I guess he has to finish the job.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Mate, if the season was 20 or 30 games, I`d agree with you. If every horse or dog that lead half way around the track won, we would all be millionaires as it will be easier to predict. However, even if we only draw our game in hand, it means we are top with 3 games to go. Surely you would have taken that?

Of course. 

To clarify, though you said this...

3 hours ago, Analysethis said:

I was simply pointing out that the situation wasn't comparable and where they have been in the ascendancy, we have been in decline, squandering a 17 point lead over them in a mere 12 weeks. Reverse that, and a notoriously vociferous Leeds fan base would without doubt be demanding Farke's head on a plate. That's all. 

• Like 1

On 14/04/2024 at 17:48, Bluetintedspecs said:

Unsurprisingly the the majority of the raging and voting happened within a couple of hours of Friday  nights shitshow performance.

Enzo is far from beyond reproach or criticism,  however , how much of this angst and vitriol is born out of toy throwing due to 'twitchy arse' syndrome? 

He's a rookie manager in England and took over a team stripped of confidence after relegation and has started a process. 

Not liking a playing style and getting mardy over results at a twitchy time of the season, where crazy results often happen , in his first season where he can still secure the main objective is daft as is the poll imho. 

UTC 👊🦊

I genuinely feel the main reason for the vitriol is that it now seems the majority maybe even the vast majority absolutely hate Marescas style of play. It was rumbling in the background even when we were winning. Now with the wheels hanging on by increasingly loose screws there's nothing stopping people venting about it and his absolute refusal to make any changes just cranks the annoyance up even more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Analysethis said:

And the manager has taken us to the brink of promotion.

Im still not sure why people like yourself believe that when we release/sell/loan 7 first teamers, Leeds let 2 go (3 including Harrison's loan, 4 if you include Sinistra) and bought in decent players, whilst Southampton let 6 high profile players go and thats why they have struggled believe that we havent had a good season.

I may be in the minority and I get people feel its gone Pete Tong due to the 6 losses in 10 but I think the season, cup run and overall strides we have made with all them sales, upheaval behind the scenes, new manager and system/personal changes has been a relative success. 

Will u call it a success if we don’t get promoted? 
You cannot be happy with the amount of dropped points we’ve conceded surely? 
We don’t promoted & everybody will always talk about this CAPITULATION.

2 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

That’s ur opinion. 
when things go wrong it’s usually the manager that departs not the board.

Not disputing that is the reality,  but would like to see more as if Enzo, goes we will get another Enzo but with less money.

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Maybe we should throw blame at the board instead as this is the style they want to play hence employing Enzo.

I think the frustration has built up from Puel, then Rodgers and now Enzo playing in a similar fashion.

Oh I whole heartedly agree..

Top has it stuck in his head that possession based football is what he wants for the club, hence you correctly pointing out the last 3 appointments.

Who knows why... maybe he thinks "all the big and best clubs play this way" 

But after 2 and potentially a 3rd attempt and still not getting the desired outcome ,(or should I say stable desired outcome, before someone jumps down my throat with our FA Cup win, which IMO was the only plus under the little leprechauns tenure) he might learn that without the freedom of a blank cheque book it ain't all that great.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not disputing that is the reality,  but would like to see more as if Enzo, goes we will get another Enzo but with less money.

I understand and sorta agree, however his stubbornness to change just makes me turn against him. He said it himself after the Norwich home win that he’s not gonna change his style, so basically we’ve gotta watch this SHIT for seasons to come then have we ? 
Earlier in the season when we were winning it was a SHIT watch , u must agree Dahnsouff?

He’ll drive players away & crowds. 
**** IT GET RID 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Analysethis said:

This is crazy!

He inherited a team with Financial issues, got a lot more cash in than he spent, had to pick a side up from its backside after challenging from Champions league football to relegation, losing stars like Barnes and Madders on the way. He gets us in a position to go back up at the first attempt and three quarters of the fan base according to this poll want him out LOL!

It just shows how delusional many of our fans are, our how many feel so entitled. It also makes me chuckle that Vards, Daka, Fatawu, Mavidi, KDH, all guilty of some shocking decisions in the final third whether its by passing on chances missed are forgiven and Enzo is the scapegoat LOL!

Im not saying Enzo is perfect (I would play Cannon instead of Daka and Coady for Faes) but had he played Cannon more or even Coady, who is to say we wouldnt have been 5th in the league not 2nd with a game in hand?

You not considered many people dont like the football played?

Also not considered the momentum, we started on fire and its been a slow regression for half a season now, we not getting better, but getting worse.

Its not as simple as looking at the table and saying we second.  Especially when he has the most expensive squad in the division.

• Like 2

The annoying thing is, I don't think his general "style" of play is fundamentally broken or anything like that. I think it probably is entirely possible to keep this style, but introduce variations or tweaks that remedy some of the most pressing problems, namely getting Faes caught out of position high up the pitch, and an inability to break down a massed defence when chasing a game. But Enzo isn't looking to tweak or experiment at all, even when the games are nearly lost and there's nothing to lose by having a go.

I'm fine with him starting with KDH and Ndidi as no 8s, but there's definitely ways to use the bench better when chasing, rather than just shrugging your shoulders, claiming a lack of options in attacking midfield and giving up with a couple of like for like changes. I think that there could be some mileage to be had out of taking some of our excess strikers and using them at one of the 8 positions, or our wingers, when needing to break down a deep block. Yes, that wouldn't be suitable for the bulk of the game, but for 10-20 minutes at the end when camped in the opposition half, I see no reason why Nacho or Cannon couldn't play in Ndidi's position. Then if the make underlapping runs beyond the winger, there's perhaps more chance of getting a shot off, or if a cross comes in from the other wing, given they are strikers there is more chance they might more agreessively pounce on a loose ball, or make a dangerous back post run or something. Even Albrighton as a right sided 8 could offer something - if they are supposed to underlap Abdul and cross from the byline, he would be perfectly capable of doing that, plus in situations where Abdul has gone towards the corner, drawn in 2-3 defenders and had to recycle the ball backwards, recycling it to Albrighton yields the possibility of a deeper right footed cross from a slightly infield position to the back post.

Maybe Mavididi could move to right sided 8 at some point in a match as Yunus or Wanya comes on at Left wing - having the opposition left back suddenly have to deal with Stephy and Abdul in the same area of the pitch could pose all sorts of problems that weren't there previously.

There were some hints of bits and bobs like this earlier in the season, but they've all gone now. He doesn't even bother to swap around whether Ricardo inverts from Right or Left Back anymore, at one stage he would do it to let Justin handle a tricky left winger, and I do recall at least one goal coming from a Justin cross at Right back.

It adds more possibilites and unpredictble elements for the opposition to handle at the end, with the added bonus that to fans it at least looks like you've thrown on more attacking players and gone for it, even if the underlying gameplan is broadly similar.

• Like 3

It is a pretty mad situation when we can be 1/7 to win the league yet 75% of the site wants him out and I'm in that bracket as well. I think we're going to just about get away with this and get over the line, but he's showing some bordering on unprofessional tendencies of late with the stubbornness. It isn't stubbornness to stick to one style of play, it's to stick to one formation and the same personnel every time over and over again no matter how many times it's being proven it could do with a bit of a shake up.

If I'd seen even the slightest bit of imagination from him in recent weeks I'd have a bit more sympathy, but he's just doubling down over and over again. I swear being an understudy to Guardiola doesn't mean you just bookmarked one of his many systems and you'll run with that for your entire career. Shake things up a bit. Stop tolerating the performances of players like Faes and Daka (and arguably a few others who could have no complaints of being dropped). 

The harsh reality as well is it took a staggering, once in a generation level of underperformance to see us relegated. The bar for this season was extremely high.

9 hours ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I understand and sorta agree, however his stubbornness to change just makes me turn against him. He said it himself after the Norwich home win that he’s not gonna change his style, so basically we’ve gotta watch this SHIT for seasons to come then have we ? 
Earlier in the season when we were winning it was a SHIT watch , u must agree Dahnsouff?

He’ll drive players away & crowds. 
**** IT GET RID 

It hasn't always been terrible and I don`t think the players are deserting him yet, the crowds? Maybe. Said elsewhere, I don`t mind it slower with more control, but to be missing the times when we explode forward with purpose makes it a tough watch.

22 hours ago, Big Blue Maff said:

Will u call it a success if we don’t get promoted? 
You cannot be happy with the amount of dropped points we’ve conceded surely? 
We don’t promoted & everybody will always talk about this CAPITULATION.

Promotion is important for the obvious financial reasons but to me I want us to get rid of all this dead wood and reset. Doing that in the prem will be a nightmare, but I`d still prefer if we were doing it from there than the Championship.

Just like our Great Escape, Prem win, First FA Cup win and the relegation after a few seasons around the Champions League spots, we need to be prepared for ups and downs as a Leicester fan.

Capitulation? Its not over yet

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You not considered many people dont like the football played?

Also not considered the momentum, we started on fire and its been a slow regression for half a season now, we not getting better, but getting worse.

Its not as simple as looking at the table and saying we second.  Especially when he has the most expensive squad in the division.

The most expensive squad? Its not his fault he inherited overpaid players who cost a lot is it.

I think the fact that he has motivated what he had left despite losing more players than the other relegated prem clubs,to me makes the season a success regardless. As I type, we are the best performing side from the 3 relegated, despite our downturn in form which coincidentally comes amidst off field problems,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

Promotion is important for the obvious financial reasons but to me I want us to get rid of all this dead wood and reset. Doing that in the prem will be a nightmare, but I`d still prefer if we were doing it from there than the Championship.

Just like our Great Escape, Prem win, First FA Cup win and the relegation after a few seasons around the Champions League spots, we need to be prepared for ups and downs as a Leicester fan.

Capitulation? Its not over yet

Not yet 

1 hour ago, Analysethis said:

The most expensive squad? Its not his fault he inherited overpaid players who cost a lot is it.

I think the fact that he has motivated what he had left despite losing more players than the other relegated prem clubs,to me makes the season a success regardless. As I type, we are the best performing side from the 3 relegated, despite our downturn in form which coincidentally comes amidst off field problems,

No it's not his fault what he inherited..

Yes he initially did very well with the motivation and got some great results.

We are only the top team at present (not currently the best performing) due to our great start,*

*Which due to his stubbornness we have squandered the gained points horrendously.

Sorry but the downturn started before the off field debacle was made public and reared it's ugly head.

I'll concede that with better finishing things could have been different....however Enzo picks the tactics, the style of play and the team selections - which currently includes Daka and Faes and an out of form JJ and Unfit and out of form Ndidi match after match. He also complains of squad tiredness and refuses to rotate or utilise the sub bench.

Promotion would be a success, however playing championship football next season after spaffing a commanding points lead certainly isn't.

The book stops with the manager as the saying goes.

On 16/04/2024 at 21:18, Guppys Love Child said:

No it's not his fault what he inherited..

Yes he initially did very well with the motivation and got some great results.

We are only the top team at present (not currently the best performing) due to our great start,*

*Which due to his stubbornness we have squandered the gained points horrendously.

Sorry but the downturn started before the off field debacle was made public and reared it's ugly head.

I'll concede that with better finishing things could have been different....however Enzo picks the tactics, the style of play and the team selections - which currently includes Daka and Faes and an out of form JJ and Unfit and out of form Ndidi match after match. He also complains of squad tiredness and refuses to rotate or utilise the sub bench.

Promotion would be a success, however playing championship football next season after spaffing a commanding points lead certainly isn't.

The book stops with the manager as the saying goes.

Yes the buck stops with the manager, but lets analyse what tools he had to work with. Many left, many out of contract, many on big contracts but not the players they were. Relegated prems squad feeling sorry for themselves.

Also lets talk players performance. Away to Leeds, we lose a game that we should have been 4-0 up.It was men v Boys for most of the game but we capitulated after not taking chances. In both games v fellow promotion rivals Ipswich off the hook with late goals, having dominated especially at home. Thats not down to Enzo.

I cant blame the likes of Vards, club legend but like all players, time catches up with them and they arent quite as effective. Some of the chances the guy has missed this season has almost been shocking but as I say, its not his fault. In fact the stats say he has had a good season. Iheanacho looks to me like he is winding down his contract and is looking forward to his next move. Ndidi the same, he isnt breaking his back for us and running around like he was.

Despite all the challenges, we have seen Mads in goal, Winks, KDH and Mavididi all have very good seasons whilst many others like Riccardo has been resurgent, with hit and miss from most of the rest although that may be unfair on Vestegaard who at times has been outstanding. I still stand by the fact that with all the challenges put to Enzo as a first time Manager here, he does not deserve 80% of our fan base screaming for a change.

• Like 2