Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

Is this poll ridiculous? 100%

He’s not getting sacked this season but his very alarming flaws are there for all to see.

So rather than some of the righteous posts about “our entitlement”, “stop watching City and support Liverpool etc” are really sad to see.

We all see football differently, my current view is that Enzo is not the right fit for us as a club whether that’s his one dimensional tactics, stubbornness to use his squad (which at this level is concerning).

23 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Is this poll ridiculous? 100%

He’s not getting sacked this season but his very alarming flaws are there for all to see.

So rather than some of the righteous posts about “our entitlement”, “stop watching City and support Liverpool etc” are really sad to see.

We all see football differently, my current view is that Enzo is not the right fit for us as a club whether that’s his one dimensional tactics, stubbornness to use his squad (which at this level is concerning).

This is of the most accurate statements I've seen in a long time the conceren is those that say this sentence are the (fans) that do not want the club to progress and are quite happy for the club to be playing in the lower leagues.

Personally the worse kind of supporter you can get really.

• Haha 1

He’s got an opportunity to correct his mistake. If he makes the right changes I.E. Cannon, Coady in the team, and potentially Yunus and Praet all starting. And Albrighton at least on the bench. Change the system and try something else……

Question is, will he? This weekend has been a let off, we could be in a position after Preston where a slip up from one of Ipswich or Leeds could see us promoted……..  he needs to sit down and realise this…… 

If Faes starts again or Daka is in the squad again, I’m done.

I'm just not sure. Imagine if we had top quality strikers who had movement in the box ( unlike Daka and Vardy) who could turn on a sixpence and link play too, we'd be a far superior team.

I get that he appears to be a one trick pony, but with more intensity and some better strikers we would and should have strolled this league with the squad we have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

For part of my career I worked in a team of management consultants, and towards the end of that time was responsible for training the new entrants to the team.  All the team were experienced professionals.  What I found was that the best consultants were those who, in addition to the basic abilities of knowledge, communication and man management skills, were those who were flexible enough to adapt their style to the companies they worked with.  The more limited ones were those who had experience of success using one particular method or regime, and who then tried to shoehorn every client into that system.  Some of them were intelligent enough to realise they they weren't maximising their clients potential in that way and adapted accordingly, others did not and were less successful as a result.

I look at Enzo and see that he has the basics to be a good manager.  He is a good communicator, he has some experience, he believes in himself and he has found a playing system that has worked for him.  What is yet unproven is if he has the ability to learn from the consequences of solely using that system.  If he does and is willing to adapt style to suit circumstances then I believe that he can achieve great things as a manager; if not then he may find his career progression more limited.  The recent past hasn't been good but it's not terminal - I hope that Enzo can find the right way forward.

This is absolutely on the money. He’s trying to copy the Pep way. We can all see that. But Pep has the best players in the world at his disposal. Arteta at Arsenal needed time and huge investment to develop his team. Kompany, at Burnley, was hugely successful in the Championship but has never looked liked keeping Burnley in the Prem.

At times, Enzoball has been great for us. But under pressure, the philosophy has struggled. That’s when he needs to show that he has elite leadership potential by figuring a way through, not just sticking to his philosophy.

It’s a big week for him. He needs to implement some tactics which leave the opposition confused. For me, that involves ensuring the two centre backs do not go marauding into the opponents half as it leaves us to open when they inevitably are dispossessed. 

in terms of personnel, it’s clear to everyone Patson must come out of the firing line. So he has to pick one from three there. I’m not a big Dennis fan, but he’s looked more direct and influential coming on as sub in the last two games. So he starts for me. And the experience and graft of Coady comes in for Faes. 

Edited by Harpenden Fox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I don't have to imagine I was there it was toxic and we got him removed quickly because the fanbase reacted to his shit football

And how much moreso would fans who complain about being 2nd in a season that can only be described as difficult.

Hi, I’m more of a lurker than poster.

So, imagine promotion to the prem, And Enzo walks, gets sacked, gets run over by a bus, gets poached by Celtic etc.

Who would come here :

We have a team shaped to play the Enzo way.

We will be expected to get a heftyish point penalty.

We have a lot of players out of contract, and those who are not a on onerous wages.

The club appears to not share financial information with the playing side.

The club is haemorrhaging money.

Suggestions appreciated 

32 minutes ago, The other Ollie said:

So, imagine promotion to the prem, And Enzo walks, gets sacked, gets run over by a bus, gets poached by Celtic etc.

Who would come here :

We have a lot of players out of contract, and those who are not a on onerous wages.

Suggestions appreciated 

If we go up, we are coming back down. 

We basically need to build a team, to come back up again.

Reality is, that we aren’t in great shape! 

• Like 1

Whilst I think Enzo has a lot to learn regarding changing formations, tactics when things aren't going our way, many of the games we have lost have been through those on the pitch not putting the ball in the net from good scoring opportunities. I'm not sure how he can change poor finishing from the bench, other than changing personnel quicker in games. He's tried all our forwards and none have excelled, even Vardy. It may be that the system doesn't suit them, but they are all guilty of missing relatively simple chances on numerous occasions. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Whilst I think Enzo has a lot to learn regarding changing formations, tactics when things aren't going our way, many of the games we have lost have been through those on the pitch not putting the ball in the net from good scoring opportunities. I'm not sure how he can change poor finishing from the bench, other than changing personnel quicker in games. He's tried all our forwards and none have excelled, even Vardy. It may be that the system doesn't suit them, but they are all guilty of missing relatively simple chances on numerous occasions. 

Unfortunately if we watch all games, most forwards do. 

I’ve listened to the @BSLBPod and they were talking about how we should have been 2-0 against Leeds. In reality,  Leeds missed a few chances themselves. 

Football swings in games and I think in reality,  players miss chances. 

Edited by Sly

On further reflection now I'm just playing Devils advocate. 

Has Enzo played a blinder and set an extremely high bar with a fantastic start.

Has he achieved this with a mediocre squad of misfits and some Has beens.

Have the other teams realised this now and have stopped fearing us.Should we be

hoping he don't walk now he has shown what he can do.maybe we've been blessed by his presence.?

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

Unfortunately if we watch all games, most forwards do. 

I’ve listened to the @BSLBPod and they were talking about how we should have been 2-0 against Leeds. In reality,  Leeds missed a few chances themselves. 

Football swings in games and I think in reality,  players miss chances. 

Nah Leeds didn’t have a shot on target until the 65th minute or something, we were absolutely all over them and should have been 3/4 up before they scored. Then they went on to score two deflected goals. The finishing in our team over the last 10 games has been appalling, if we had an average championship striker we would have won a lot more of the games recently. All our strikers have been detrimental to the side. It’s probably time to give cannon another go but I’m not convinced he’s the long term solution, but he has enough about him to give us a boost over the line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

On further reflection now I'm just playing Devils advocate. 

Has Enzo played a blinder and set an extremely high bar with a fantastic start.

Has he achieved this with a mediocre squad of misfits and some Has beens.

Have the other teams realised this now and have stopped fearing us.Should we be

hoping he don't walk now he has shown what he can do.maybe we've been blessed by his presence.?

I think a lot of this is fair tbh. I dont think he is a great fit for this squad of players, and the fact he has stuck to his way of playing has really highlighted his stubbornness and the players lack of ability. That said, some of the football he’s got us playing has been fantastic at times, but we’ve really struggled against teams that just sit back, which hopefully won’t happen if we get to the prem. 

1 hour ago, The other Ollie said:

Who would come here :

Suggestions appreciated 

The way I’m looking at it, we need promotion to atleast delay a financial meltdown at the club, but in the summer we need a complete overhaul and need to be looking at going back to the foundations left by Pearson and Puel, cheap players that we can sell for a profit. 
This will likely result in relegation from the premier league but the return to the championship will be on a much sounder financial footing where we can still compete and try to get promoted again. 

So for me it’s about going up now, and bringing in a manager who is pragmatic, young and hungry and basically give them a free hit on relegation (providing we look like we are building/progressing) 

Then if we get relegated we will have a manager capable of building and getting us back up. 

If McKenna doesn’t go up with Ipswich and we get promoted, I’d happily give him a few seasons and allow him to get relegated and rebuild in theory. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Play Vardy for the next 4 and leave him on if needed add another striker in the final stages

Cannon needs to start and Vardy for the final 20

56 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think a lot of this is fair tbh. I dont think he is a great fit for this squad of players, and the fact he has stuck to his way of playing has really highlighted his stubbornness and the players lack of ability. That said, some of the football he’s got us playing has been fantastic at times, but we’ve really struggled against teams that just sit back, which hopefully won’t happen if we get to the prem. 

Don't nearly all teams struggle against those that sit back? It should be a struggle as the teams sitting back are pretty much solely out to stop their opponent. That's why it's done.

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Play Vardy for the next 4 and leave him on if needed add another striker in the final stages

He’s not the player he was though.