Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Whether it is or isn't, it's miles better than anything else in this division. 

Millwall and Plymouth hadn't a single player combined who are good enough for our bench. 

Of course. I was just genuinely interested if someone believes this is a mid table PL squad lol 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

You don’t genuinely think this is a mid prem squad surely? 

People's opinions of the squad have been inflated hugely by our form in the first half of the season imo. There's been a lot of "literally anyone could walk the league with this squad" going around lately but I don't remember many, if any, saying in the summer that it didn't really matter who we appointed because our players were so good we'd stroll it regardless. It is obviously one of the best in the league and has no business getting nothing from games against QPR, Bristol City, Millwall and Plymouth, mind.

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Of course. I was just genuinely interested if someone believes this is a mid table PL squad lol 

I certainly don't think that but I do wonder how good some players would be in a different system. I think, despite the fact Mavididi in particular has been decent, a better manager could get more out of our wide players. We have fullbacks in Ricardo and Justin who love to bomb forward. Ndidi is a holding midfielder. Him alongside wins with KDH as an attacking midfielder (number 10). Give Cannon a run consistent run out. All just a pipe dreams sadly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nonsense. The crowd helped us win v Norwich and Brum precisely because they encouraged the players to bum off the manager's tactics. 

He's a disgrace. Philosophy over pragmqtiam.and points. He's playing roulette with our future. That attitude is shameful, pure and simple. 

We've seen this all before, it was a slow demise to relegation under the last incumbent yet it was easy to see it happening almost from the start. Unless Enzo swiftly alters his personal agenda then surely we're heading into similar waters?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Hypothetical question. Let’s say we now go on to win the league, with Enzo as a manger. Although it feels unlikely at the moment, we all know form can change so quickly.

So if you’ve voted Out now, and in a few weeks we are promoted, would you change your mind, or would you sack the manager who leads us to promotion?

Not looking to pick a fight, just interested in your perspective.

Even if he won the league with us I wouldn’t be bothered if he went at the end of the season. 
If he gets us up not a chance he gets sacked, may walk though depending on points deductions and the financial situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The fact that 85% of you want us to sack a promising young manager in the first full year of his career for taking us to an absolutely massive points total and top of the league with a few games to go is exactly why I've been trying my best to avoid this forum for the last couple weeks. 

So many of you are completely insufferable. 

If we had the same amount of points we do now but the wins and losses had been balanced evenly throughout the year instead of being front loaded to the start of the season, none of you would be batting an eyelid about the manager. 

Yes, the recent form is very poor, yes he's got a lot to learn and needs to improve and gain the ability to steady a ship like this and turn things around but he also took us on an absolutely unprecedented, record breaking run at the start of the year. 

85% of you have completely forgotten that in the space of a few weeks. ****ing embarrassing. 

FVCK OFF FINNEGAN.

Now is not the time for your well balanced logical posts.

Leave us to our anger fuelled adrenaline  filled posts!

Down with them all!!!😁

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We've seen this all before, it was a slow demise to relegation under the last incumbent yet it was easy to see it happening almost from the start. Unless Enzo swiftly alters his personal agenda then surely we're heading into similar waters?

Watched an ifollow a few weeks ago, saints v Hull I think, and their commentary were laughing about our crowd complaining; yet we were top scorers, best defence, top by 9 points! 

Funny really how a crowd sniff trouble like a Canary in the mine. 

• Like 1

He may well be a promising young manager but to allow a massive gap disappear at the most crucial time of the season is almost unforgiveable. 

I'm not sure we should get rid but this season has proved, if nothing else, he has a long way to go in becoming another Pep.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The fact that 85% of you want us to sack a promising young manager in the first full year of his career for taking us to an absolutely massive points total and top of the league with a few games to go is exactly why I've been trying my best to avoid this forum for the last couple weeks. 

If we had the same amount of points we do now but the wins and losses had been balanced evenly throughout the year instead of being front loaded to the start of the season, none of you would be batting an eyelid about the manager. 

Yes, the recent form is very poor, yes he's got a lot to learn and needs to improve and gain the ability to steady a ship like this and turn things around but he also took us on an absolutely unprecedented, record breaking run at the start of the year. 

85% of you have completely forgotten that in the space of a few weeks. ****ing embarrassing. 

Absolutely spot on.

Can't believe the volume of hatred on here. It's actually pathetic.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Your last two posts tell people they are “actually pathetic”, “absolutely embarrassing” and “entitled”. It’s good that you haven’t overreacted at all 😂😂. Unlike those people you allude to, who are disappointed and angry that their club has meekly surrendered a 15 point gap, and now, (if they can’t turn things around rapidly), potentially faces a transfer embargo, a points deduction, the likely sale of any player worth keeping, potentially an extended period in footballing oblivion …… whilst being asked to watch a style of football that is exceptionally dull. Heaven forbid that those embarrassing/pathetic/entitled types dare to voice their displeasure with this state of affairs. 

Then don't watch it.

Every season wait for a bad run and demand the manager's head. Everyone's frustrated, not everyone's coming out with the sack Enzo crap every time there's a bad result. Our own fans keep mentioning "the gap" we threw away. Someone managed us so well we created that gap. Fickle AF.

• Like 2

This next week is make or break for Enzo. He has a week with them until the next game to get it right. 

If we get the same performance we did in the last two games, he has to go.

Just now, iancognito said:

Then don't watch it.

Every season wait for a bad run and demand the manager's head. Everyone's frustrated, not everyone's coming out with the sack Enzo crap every time there's a bad result. Our own fans keep mentioning "the gap" we threw away. Someone managed us so well we created that gap. Fickle AF.

Thanks for the advice re whether I should watch my team or not. I’ll be sure to treat it with the respect it deserves 👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

This defence sounds very similar to that put forward for Brendan last season. I.e. He did a good job before so let's let him go down with the ship now rather than try and keep it afloat. Albeit this is over the course of a season.

I wouldn't sack him right now, but I'd be getting rid in the summer regardless of whether we go up or not. 

• Like 1

I'd have a bit more faith in the guy if  I actually thought he was learning but the fact he's not prepared to try something a bit different tells me he's either stubborn or shit or a bit of both. He's still got time to sort it out and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he will.

26 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I did. Top 2 was absolutely on the cards. Many others felt the same was achievable too. 

Sorry, let me try again so I can avoid the censor. 

Fine - I don't think many others did. 

9 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He'll be followed by Farke when Leeds start asking for him to be fired as well?

Oh no that's right, Leeds fans seem to have a bit of perspective.

Not according to my mates (Leeds fans) they're at the same levels of dissapointment as we are.