Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Enzo Out? Time for an official thread/poll

Enzo Out?  

790 members have voted

1. 1. Enzo Out?

• In
    • Out

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

Quite possibly the most one dimensional manager I’ve seen at Leicester City. 

Whether we somehow scrape promotion or we stay in the Championship, he 100% needs to go in the summer. Too much damage has been done in recent months for him to earn another season at Leicester. 

But of course problems run more deeper than just Maresca.

The mentality of this club seriously needs to change, the mindset of “Everything will be ok” reeks of arrogance. It’s bitten us on the arse once, we’re on the brink of doing it again. 

The squad also needs a complete overhaul, there’s far too many weak minded bottle jobs throughout this team. I said it after the Millwall defeat, this team has me feeling nothing, it’s littered with unlikeable players. I seriously miss the days of Morgan, Huth & Wasilewski. 

While finally, even if we do sack Enzo, it’s reached the point where I have zero faith that the club would make the right appointment. Those at the top are obsessed with possession based managers, it needs to stop. 

This is it for me, doesn’t matter if we sack him, the club will get another manager of the same ilk and we’ll be in this position again in 12/18 months. 

The major change we need is at board level, maybe even ownership level. 

• Like 1

No point keeping him next season if we fail to get promotion so comes down to whether you think we're more or less likely getting promoted with or without him. Personally think a roll of the dice is correct here. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It’s clear Enzo has no intention to change or mix things up the last 2 games have proven that,  So I can foresee a parting of the ways as soon as the season concludes regardless of whether we somehow manage to get promoted. It feels to me Enzo’s stubbornness, plus the off field issues has soured his relationship with the club and fanbase. 

However here’s lies the problem, who takes over, for everyone hoping for a shift in direction, it’s highly unlikely as the owner and Rudkin are hell bent on this playlng style despite the fact it has contributed to our relegation and very likely will contribute to us blowing promotion and see us languishing in the EFL for some time to come. 

We have to hope and pray that there is either a change in strategy that sees us move for a manager who plays a higher intensity style or in the summer we have clear out from the very top to bottom and start again. 

This style is not sustainable, we are not good enough to be the Man City tribute act and we need to find our own style and identity rather than just try and replicate somebody else. 

#Fearless my arse needs to be changed to #Fearful 

100% we need a manager like Pearson or Robins and change style completely. this isn't washing any more

• Like 1

SAME OLD LEICESTER

ALWAYS BORING

Have we sacked Rodgers yet?

This really is same shite different way.

Actually I'll correct myself

Same shite same way.

Oh only one way.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

A good nights sleep and I’m even more angry. The arrogant shit considers his philosophy more important than LCFC. Get him the **** out!

This is something I’ve been feeling recently. We’ve collapsed from a position of strength, the literal future of the club is heavily reliant on promotion, and we very well could tumble down the league into league 1 if we have to sell everyone and get a points deduction, with this in mind, every single time Enzo plays this boring, predictable and toothless brand of football and refuses to change, he is quite literally putting his own ego ahead of the future of our football club. 

His ego is more important than the badge. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Playing Devils Advocate Maresca was given a 3 years contract and has massively exceeded expectations in a short time. Yes the Football is ponderous but recent poor results are more down to Vardy and particularly Daka not finishing chances otherwise the Leeds Bristol and Plymouth games would possibly have been won. You can only play with the hand that has been dealt you. Can the much maligned owners afford another complete change of management team for another uncertain result ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

It has got to this point far quicker than it did with Rodgers.

As sour as it ended with Rodgers here at least his first 2 seasons were successful and playing good football. BR then had credit in the bank from the Fa cup win.

Does anyone know if he was given a target for this season, top 2, play-offs etc ?

Obviously from where we were, we've witnessed a massive drop off & a complete failure to capitalise on our seemingly simple gallop to the PL.

Also, the club are in a pickle financially, so is sacking him a viable option ? Possibly not. 

However, we can't have another Rodgers situation, where someone is allowed to just hang about doing untold damage due to their stubbornness.

Edited by STEVIE B

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because this is what the owners want. They want us having the ball because that's the brand they want, we're too arrogant a club to be chasing and hitting teams on the counter anymore. 

When Enzo goes we'll just get another possession based manager.

That is pretty much the point that I was making.

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I remember going to the Northampton friendly pre season and thinking Christ, this is mind numbing and hard work. 

I guess it was a sign of things to come.

I was exactly the same. Didn’t really think much of it because it was just a friendly but there was slight alarm bells in my head. 

Easy to say now but first game of the season against Coventry I remember thinking this football really is garbage 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder if any manager has been sacked when their team is top of the league.

Surely it's happened but nothing springs to mind

22 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Probably abroad maybe like a real Madrid or Barcelona done it. But those fans were fickle. Sir Bobby was booed to hell even his team were top of the league and unbeaten after 8 games and won 7 out of 8. Didn't like his playing style 

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bayern maybe, they’ve changed managers plenty recently despite dominating the league for a decade.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and we were probably singing off a different song sheet in the autumn time to what we are now after two damaging away defeats to lowly opposition but I seriously can't believe it has come to this again - a year and a bit on since the exact same debate over Rodgers, this time in the league below though to further exacerbate the negativity. Oh dear! Definitely Groundhog Day and the only honourable thing for Enzo to do is either leave right now and give whoever comes in, in the short term like a Steve Cooper or an experienced head in these situations like Pearson or Warnock a slight chance of grabbing automatic or for Enzo to change tack just see the job through and get us up then see what's what over the summer! It can still go either way and we have got to the stage now where we're more relying on Leeds and Ipswich to choke too, rather than concentrating on the task in hand for ourselves of simply getting over the line to avoid the play offs!  

Edited by Guy

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The fact that 85% of you want us to sack a promising young manager in the first full year of his career for taking us to an absolutely massive points total and top of the league with a few games to go is exactly why I've been trying my best to avoid this forum for the last couple weeks. 

So many of you are completely insufferable. 

If we had the same amount of points we do now but the wins and losses had been balanced evenly throughout the year instead of being front loaded to the start of the season, none of you would be batting an eyelid about the manager. 

Yes, the recent form is very poor, yes he's got a lot to learn and needs to improve and gain the ability to steady a ship like this and turn things around but he also took us on an absolutely unprecedented, record breaking run at the start of the year. 

85% of you have completely forgotten that in the space of a few weeks. ****ing embarrassing. 

And there is also a lot of disruption going on behind the scenes.

• Like 4