Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Hull-Ipswich (title assist)

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

The title means nothing at all. Zilch 

look at the bigger picture 

leeds in premiership is a bigger threat than Ipswich to us 

Winning the league would put us ahead of MCFC in terms of most second division titles and I can’t see that being overtaken anytime soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Winning the league would put us ahead of MCFC in terms of most second division titles and I can’t see that being overtaken anytime soon. 

Not a great record to have - it just highlights how often we've been relegated from the top flight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamRocket said:

I get that but still don't get why we let him go

24 at the time and had previously been quite poor in the Championship and in League One it usually required a good run of games for him to finally start scoring

5 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Never understood why we let him go

Because Brendan and others didn't see him as a future Premier League player because they're rather buy proven epl or foreign strikers that the journalists race about.

Hirst was probably to ordinary and boring for them.

If he was a man city academy player....we would have been desperate to have him here on laon

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamRocket said:

We can’t hang on to these prospects for ever. If it’s not worked out in a period of time then sometimes it’s best to offload. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lineker's Lugs said:

Not a great record to have - it just highlights how often we've been relegated from the top flight.

Anybody feel that we may have to win both remaining games for confirmation of winning the league? 
I DO 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Because he was behind Vardy, Nacho, Daka and Maddison as a false 9. He'd done nothing worthwhile in his loans at Rotherham, Portsmouth, Blackburn or Ipswich.

He'd played 40 championship games and scored 0, then 61 league one games with 19 goals.  This was by 24yrs old.

He's played 23 times this year and scored 6 (could be 7 now). 

Not one of those stats had him as anywhere near Prem or even Championship level. We made the right decision.

• Like 1

Hurst was 4th/5th choice and never was going to get a chance after unsuccessful loans. We couldn't wait to get rid at the time. Late developer, given a consistent run in a team and full of confidence. You win some and lose some. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, happy85 said:

The title means nothing at all. Zilch 

look at the bigger picture 

leeds in premiership is a bigger threat than Ipswich to us 

Farke in the prem is a 20th place finish wrapped up so no, and I want to win the title when we're playing, not potentially in midweek with a cov point 

• Like 1